4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoes with an annoying drawback
Published on June 14, 2012 by Jimmy James

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, with a key flaw.
My favorite brand of two decades has recently dropped in quality across the range, and changed their target market. Someone at work was wearing Clarks and I liked the look, and he praised the quality. So I got these.

Published 22 months ago by WatchMan

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoes with an annoying drawback, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Sheridan Slip On (Apparel)
As a traveling business consultant, I have worn these shoes for the last two years, and they are very comfortable. They have been through many airports, and on many planes. They are a good solid business shoe. I am a bigger guy with wider feet, and it's harder to find decent 3E slip-on dress shoes, which is why I ended up buying these. I like the look of these, a very classic slip-on. They do run slightly large. I normally wear an 11, but I bought these in a 10.5 and they fit exactly like I would expect an 11 to fit. The 3E version of these shoes have a ton of space inside the shoe. To me, that's a good thing, because I really like to use SOF SOLE inserts, but they are pretty thick. With these shoes, the inserts fit fine.

However, there is one thing that I really hated about these shoes for a long time. It may be related to the fact that I am heavier, but on certain floors, the little plastic circle on the bottom with "Un" on it would make a very annoying sound. After a long time, I just ripped those off, and the problem was solved.

As far as longevity, I generally get about 1 year out of shoes before the heel wears, and I scuff them up too bad to wear. These have held up much longer than that for me. They scuff significantly less than the last couple of pair of Eccos that I have bought (which are more expensive). $120 for two+ years out of a pair of daily shoes (travel shoes at that) is a pretty good cost to use ratio.

I am trying out a different pair of slip-ons, but if they don't work out, I am going to order these again (and immediately remove that stupid plastic disk).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Shoe!, September 21, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Sheridan Slip On (Apparel)
It's truly difficult sometimes to find a classy, comfortable shoe for work. I've had these shoes for well over two years and wear them constantly, often walking a great deal. I would say these shoes have been some of the best dress shoes I've ever owned or worn.

The shoes are still in great condition and are very comfortable day in and day out. They are also light enough that the shoes do not retain foot odor, which is nice when I take them off after a long day at the office. The bottoms are fairly worn (after so long!), but still provide very good traction. You can tell I've worn them due to the creases my feet have helped shape, but the creases don't look bad. In fact, after a good cleaning/shine, they almost look new.

Being in the military, I shine these shoes often but when I don't - they seem to retain a decent shine for extended periods of time and require just a quick buff in the mornings. It might be a good idea to try and wash (warm/hot water & soap, soft cloth) the shoes every now and then to remove dirt and excess polish. Then apply a new coat of shoe polish. I think this helps keep them fresh looking and covers some of the lighter creases that I've caused.

Maybe a little expensive, but when you consider how long I've had these shoes and how often I wear them at work, the price seems to even out compared to how I've gone through other shoes. I'm actually looking for the same (new) pair because I've had these ones for so long and they are so great that its just time for new shoes. However, I may try a cheaper brand of comparable quality to see if they cut it for what I do. Otherwise, I'll continue sticking with these shoes and just get a new pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo Comfortable, May 18, 2010
D. Greene (Philadelphia, Pa) - See all my reviews
If these shoes fit my feet and are so light and comfortable it feels like you are walking on air... my feet are very wide and the top part of my foot is higher than most shoes will accommodate and these fit perfect... so light it almost feels like I'm barefoot!! Love these shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly 2 years @ still comfortable, April 15, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Sheridan Slip On (Apparel)
Previously only wore Ecco. They're great shoes & I would never expect something to live up to Ecco's standards. But Clarks Unstructured Un.Sheridan certainly do.

They're stylish, fit well & have lasted. And they're not an "every now & then pair." I wear these shoes 2-3 times per week for a full 9 hr day of constant walking & up/down stairs.

I have a very defined arch so good support is a must.

If I had one complaint it's that not all Clarks/Bostonian are made as well. I recently went to my local Clarks outlet & bought what I thought were the exact same shoe. Two seconds on my foot, however, showed me they were a world apart in construction & fit quality.

Size note: I wear a 10 Nike running shoe & an 8.5 Clarks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 26, 2013
I am a manager that is on the manufacturing floor daily. These provide great support and hold up to daily use very well. You will not be disapointed with these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable, December 13, 2012
I love this pair of shoes. Its great for flying since you can easily slip them on and off and they still feel comfortable enough to wear all day in the office.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, look good and holding up to wear, February 13, 2012
John Herb (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
These are great shows for the office. They are comfortable like a slipper when sitting but also are OK for long walks. Did not require much break-in. So far they are holding up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are a tiny bit large, but I was aware of this from Amazon customer reviews and was able to order "my" correct size, February 20, 2014
blu-ray!!! (ARLINGTON, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Sheridan Slip On (Apparel)
I have WIDE feet. In high school I wore Men's 9 1/2, but as I have aged my feet have gotten wider and I have had to go as large as size 11 to get a wide enough shoe. This means a typical shoe is way too long for me in order to get an acceptable width.

As other Amazon customer reviews have mentioned, the Clarks brand sizes run slightly large. I would say they were maybe a 1/4 to a 1/2 size larger than "normal" sizing in my opinion, however I am used to "long" shoes due to my wide feet and I am mainly concerned about width. Others have complained about these being too wide, I did not find that to me the case.

I bought a set of Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Ravel Casual Oxford in 9 1/2 3E and 10 3E. I would say my "perfect fit" is somewhere in between 9 1/2 and 10 in the 3E. The 10 3E is a little long for me, but due to the extra with, I prefer the larger size 10 3E for my feet due to width. The 9 1/2 3E is a little narrow for me. Both shoes are comfortable, but I prefer the 10 3E.
For size comparison, I normally wear:
- "New Balance" tennis shoes, which are about the widest tennis shoes I can find, in size 10 Extra Wide
- Reebok Men's Pheehan Running Shoe, in size 10 4E
- Most other shoes in a 10 1/2 Wide.
- When I'm desperate, I've been known to purchase a "normal" width size 11 to get a wide enough shoe for me, but they are then WAY too long.

After the first pair of "Un.Ravel" arrived, I liked them so much I bought this pair of Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Sheridan Slip On and a pair of Clarks Men's Portland 2 Easy Slip-On. I've never liked a pair of shoes before enough to buy 4 pairs (different styles/colors)!

I would say that you can get away with buying these shoes a little on the small side because they are very pliable and soft, right out of the box. I opened the box, felt the shoes and told my wife, you have got to feel how soft this leather is. The leather feels more like a pair of leather dress gloves than shoe leather. This was especially true with the Un.Ravel

I've been wearing these shoes now for a few weeks and I really like them. This is my new favorite shoe brand!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, with a key flaw., March 11, 2013

They feel perfect right out of the box, and fit exactly the right size. Great support and quality feel, whether standing or walking around. They look youthful and stylish and not stodgy like many comfortable shoes do.

Only problem is, breathability. The "Lambskin lining" in the description is just a small section at the back of the heel; all the rest of the lining is vinyl. Vinyl does not absorb moisture. There are holes punched in the lining but holes just vent, not absorb moisture the way leather lining or fabric does. So you end up with sweaty feet, just sitting at the office. I'm surprised the price point of this shoe can't carry the cost of leather lining. But if so, they should have just used fabric like most shoes, instead of pretending to the look of expensive shoes with "fake leather" lining that's bad for your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, April 19, 2010
I bought these shoes for my husband who is a family physician and is on his feet most of the day. He has worn Clarks but these are my favorites. They are fashionable without sacrificing comfort. He likes Clarks because of the removable insole that allow him to put his custom orthotics in. They are even lighter than his previous Clarks. Overall they are a great shoe at a reasonable price.

Clarks Unstructured Men's Un.Sheridan Slip On