4.0 out of 5 stars Classic style
Published on February 13, 2011 by Turtle

2.0 out of 5 stars Ran small
I bought the shoe in a size 7 and it appeared to run small in all aspects including the width and the vamp. I couldn't even get my foot in. Returned.
Published 9 months ago by BrendaT

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic style, February 13, 2011
Turtle (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I wanted a simple leather boot that would go with casual wear & these definitely fit the bill. I love the look of these - they are a nice clean classic style. They are definitely up to the standard of Clark's high quality and the beeswax leather looks very nice (pretty much how it looks in the pictures). I found them to need some break in before they got comfortable though (I ordered my normal size and medium width) - they were snug across the ball of the foot initially, but after wearing them a few times this improved a lot. I definitely can't wear thick socks with them though. The crepe sole was not as cushy as I thought it would be, but it's not that bad really. Time will tell how durable the sole is, but the leather seems like a good quality. Overall once you get them worn in a bit and conformed to your foot, these are a pretty nice stylish boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable after break-in!, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Clarks Women's Desert Boot Lace-Up Boot (Apparel)
Give 'em a chance to break in and you won't be disappointed. I debated buying these boots after reading the reviews, and almost sent them back when I got them. I was immediately irritated when putting these on. They cut into the top of my foot above my toes, and I thought 'well these suck' and then I remembered reading in the reviews that they needed to be broken in so I gave it a try. I've only worn these boots two days and they are no longer cutting into the top of my foot. They are lightweight and the tread gets great traction and doesn't get dirty as easily as I thought. The sole is a bit hard for my taste, but they don't make my feet hurt at the end of the day like some of the other boots I've purchased. They go with just about everything and even in a size 10 they don't look ridiculously big like some boots. I would say they fit true to size.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kind of shoes, October 22, 2012
Ture to size. It doesn't need to break in much. Very comfie that I like it so much I bought another pairs in black with the buckle.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best boots, January 27, 2010
I love my Desert Boots. The only thing is that I needed a liner inside for a little arch support. Did I say that I love these boots? They are perfect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ran small, February 3, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars bought it for my sister, May 24, 2013
-they fit her so good and they look good on her
-the kind of shoes that will last for a long time
-it goes with a lot of outfit

5.0 out of 5 stars love!, September 11, 2014
I originally ordered my go-to size 8. But when i got the box, I noticed the European size was listed as 39.5. Normally if I order based on that size, I always go with a size 39. I tried the size 8 on and they were just a little too big. I reordered them in a 7.5/39 and those were better. The first day they were a hair tight across the bridge of my foot, but they stretched out right away and the next day it was like I'd owned them for years. Word of warning though, I've owned Clark's shoes with the crepe soles before and they get dirty right away and the soles are really hard to clean. Also, I bought these in taupe. I like the color a lot but I don't think the photos are very accurate.

Overall: Go with 1/2 size smaller. Beware of color photo inaccuracies. And I will definitely be getting another pair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, high quality, but only for narrow feet, December 31, 2013
Julie (AUSTIN, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Women's Desert Boot Lace-Up Boot (Apparel)
These are lovely boots, made very well. I got the leather beeswax. They look like a polished version of Doc Martin's. However, if you do not have narrow feet, they will not be comfortable at all. They add a lot of length to the front of your foot, too. As soon as you put them on your feet, the leather starts to show discoloration on the creases where your toes bend. They will look rough really soon after you wear them. The boot top at the leg is very hard and scratchy. Just do not see how I can wear them. I'm returning these.

5.0 out of 5 stars clarks desert boots - taupe, March 18, 2014
I love these boots, and wear them daily. Just an fyi though, in case you're like me and think this picture is showing/you are ordering a light brown boot - they are grey: straight grey, no brownish-grey or greyish-brown about it. I kept them, and the only drawback is the ring around the top of the boot where my denim (regular levi's, nothing fancy) has stained the suede... I belatedly read online how to work around/fix this issue w/ painters tape on the inside of the hem, so it's possible to avoid my same predicament.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not as much as other Clarks. Love the taupe color!, November 3, 2013
This review is from: Clarks Women's Desert Boot Lace-Up Boot (Apparel)
These boots are unlike the other Clarks I've owned. The desert boots have very little cushion or arch support. They also require some breaking in. They're comfortable once broken in, but not as much as other Clarks. There's no lining under the suede, so they're not great cold-weather boots.

I'm between sizes, so I rounded up when ordering these to accommodate a thick insole. Even with the insole, the boot feels a little big.

I had trouble finding the grey boots, so I bought taupe instead. I was afraid they would look yellow like work boots, but they're a nice greyish taupe. I love the color.

These are my favorite shoes right now, and they look great with skinny jeans. I just wish they were a little more comfortable.

Clarks Women's Desert Boot Lace-Up Boot