Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 4, 2015
Very comfortable and receives compliments regularly. Only downside is that my daughter's hipster boyfriend owns the exact same pair....and she finds this slightly mortifying.
on October 5, 2015
I have had the gray suede desert boots for 1.5 years. I would advise a break-in period as others have suggested. I bought these and immediately wore them for work and walked a few miles in the fist day - I had huge blisters on the bottoms of both feet. After breaking them in they are pretty comfortable, although they do not provide much arch support and I still get sore spots in certain areas if I do a ton of walking in them. The leather stretches, so I wouldn't suggest sizing up.

Pros:
•Great style
•Breathable leather (my feet never smell after wearing these)
•Great color
•Mostly comfortable after breaking in

Cons:
•The crepe soles are (for me) the most disappointing aspect for a few reasons. First, tripping hazard. I was constantly tripping on both carpet and hard surfaces because the tip of the sole/toe would catch. After about a year, I wore down the tip enough so that it isn't a common issue anymore - although I do still, on occasion, have a near mishap. Second, they attract and absorb dirt, oil, crumbs, hair, you name it. It is disgusting. I often will find myself feeling self conscious because I don't want anyone to see the bottom of my shoes. Third, my guess is that if you don't live in a desert - these boots aren't for you. I live in a very wet environment, and it seems like this may have caused the soles to degrade so there is a bit of cracking and I sometimes notice the bottoms of my feet being a bit damp. If they offered a different sole, I would consider buying a new pair.
•The suede does not hold its shape. After about 2 months I noticed that they seemed a bit frumpy looking. After 1.5 years, they look like something cartoon Goofy would wear - shapeless and sort of lumpy. Don't get me wrong, I still wear them often, but my brother makes fun of me and calls them my Peter Pan shoes. I have the feeling that their regular leather would hold up better than the suede.
•Not much support
review image review image review image
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I love these boots, and wear them daily. Just an fyi though, in case you're like me and think this picture is showing/you are ordering a light brown boot - they are grey: straight grey, no brownish-grey or greyish-brown about it. I kept them, and the only drawback is the ring around the top of the boot where my denim (regular levi's, nothing fancy) has stained the suede... I belatedly read online how to work around/fix this issue w/ painters tape on the inside of the hem, so it's possible to avoid my same predicament.
on November 15, 2012
Give 'em a chance to break in and you won't be disappointed. I debated buying these boots after reading the reviews, and almost sent them back when I got them. I was immediately irritated when putting these on. They cut into the top of my foot above my toes, and I thought 'well these suck' and then I remembered reading in the reviews that they needed to be broken in so I gave it a try. I've only worn these boots two days and they are no longer cutting into the top of my foot. They are lightweight and the tread gets great traction and doesn't get dirty as easily as I thought. The sole is a bit hard for my taste, but they don't make my feet hurt at the end of the day like some of the other boots I've purchased. They go with just about everything and even in a size 10 they don't look ridiculously big like some boots. I would say they fit true to size.
on February 1, 2015
These shoes are amazingly comfortable, durable and look great. I ordered a size 6, since that's my usual size, but they turned out to be a little too loose and roomy in the toe area. Since they are little larger than I am use to, I have tripped up a few times, because the front rim of the shoes stick out a little too much. I definitely could have gone down half a size or a full size for a better fit. Even with the shoes being a little bit too big, I did experience some rubbing on my little toes, so I would say that it took me a week to break into the shoes.

I've had the shoes for just over a year now and the soles are in amazing condition with very little wear and tear. The suede leather on the other hand has gone from a distressed grey to a faded grey with green/yellow undertones, which I am not too keen on. I never wore in the rain, so the color fade is due to natural passage of time. The shoes look worn and tired and not as great as they use to, but they are still as comfortable as ever.

Clarks are known for their comfortable and durable shoes (not necessarily fashionable) and these dessert boots are classics. I would purchase these shoes again, but I'd go half a size down and maybe get a camel or tan color that would age better.
on October 12, 2013
I like the look of this boot, but I am on my feet 10 hours a day and I don't find them very comfortable. I put in a light cushioning pad and now my toes are uncomfortable . I have an average width foot and only want to wear them for a few hours at a time.
on May 22, 2014
I loved the casual style, colour and the Clarks Brand however, The size 8 was a very tight fit. I think an 8 1/2 or 9 would've been too large. For the first 3 days I wore bulky socks for as long as comfort would allow. Being suede, they stretched and now, wearing regular socks, they fit perfect! I am considering ordering them in Beeswax but will have to order 1/2 size larger as the leather is a lot harder to stretch. Overall, I liked them and would recommend them to friends and family!
on May 5, 2015
I love this boot and it's everything I wanted BUT I had to return the first pair I ordered and order a half size up. Normally I wear a size 8 and I could not even fit my foot in the shoe in order to break it in as others have mentioned.Once I received the 8.5, I was able to get it on and break them in perfectly.
on April 5, 2015
Listen to reviews that say they run small!! Unless you have an EXTREMELY narrow foot, please order half size up. I understand these will probably stretch a little, but still too snug everywhere with any thickness of sock. I am waiting to receive my 8 1/2's. I usually wear 8 comfortably, but lots of reviews said the ran small and I should've listened. My foot is not narrow, but not wide either, just average I believe. Also, I do have arch in my foot but I don't think the lack of arch support will be too much of a problem, because after some breaking in, they'll be a decently comfy shoe (little stiff at first, but that'll change), but for longer walks I'll stick with a pair of Merrells. On the other hand, they're a beautiful shoe, and I want to mention that another reason I was reluctant to order the 81/2's because I was afraid that if they were slightly big, they may give the appearance of flat clown feet…Don't worry about this, they look great, no clown appeal at all in person :)
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2015
First off, I love Clarks Desert Boots. I have six pairs, in assorted colors (two being the Desert Breeze version) and they are all phenomenal! These Wine Patent Leather are no exception, however they run a bit smaller than my others. I always wear a 6.5 in my Desert Boots, but I had to get a 7 with these, AND these are just a tad narrower, as well. This may be due to the fact that the patent leather is less giving than the suede, but I'm sure after a bit of wearing they'll open up a smidge. Bottom line, I truly could not be happier with my purchase. This color is off the charts and the look is hip and fun! But do consider ordering a 1/2 size up from your norm.