Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Women's Desert Boot Lace-Up Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 5, 2015
I have had the gray suede desert boots for 1.5 years. I would advise a break-in period as others have suggested. I bought these and immediately wore them for work and walked a few miles in the fist day - I had huge blisters on the bottoms of both feet. After breaking them in they are pretty comfortable, although they do not provide much arch support and I still get sore spots in certain areas if I do a ton of walking in them. The leather stretches, so I wouldn't suggest sizing up.

Pros:
•Great style
•Breathable leather (my feet never smell after wearing these)
•Great color
•Mostly comfortable after breaking in

Cons:
•The crepe soles are (for me) the most disappointing aspect for a few reasons. First, tripping hazard. I was constantly tripping on both carpet and hard surfaces because the tip of the sole/toe would catch. After about a year, I wore down the tip enough so that it isn't a common issue anymore - although I do still, on occasion, have a near mishap. Second, they attract and absorb dirt, oil, crumbs, hair, you name it. It is disgusting. I often will find myself feeling self conscious because I don't want anyone to see the bottom of my shoes. Third, my guess is that if you don't live in a desert - these boots aren't for you. I live in a very wet environment, and it seems like this may have caused the soles to degrade so there is a bit of cracking and I sometimes notice the bottoms of my feet being a bit damp. If they offered a different sole, I would consider buying a new pair.
•The suede does not hold its shape. After about 2 months I noticed that they seemed a bit frumpy looking. After 1.5 years, they look like something cartoon Goofy would wear - shapeless and sort of lumpy. Don't get me wrong, I still wear them often, but my brother makes fun of me and calls them my Peter Pan shoes. I have the feeling that their regular leather would hold up better than the suede.
•Not much support
review image review image review image
44 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
Very comfortable and receives compliments regularly. Only downside is that my daughter's hipster boyfriend owns the exact same pair....and she finds this slightly mortifying.
on February 13, 2011
I wanted a simple leather boot that would go with casual wear & these definitely fit the bill. I love the look of these - they are a nice clean classic style. They are definitely up to the standard of Clark's high quality and the beeswax leather looks very nice (pretty much how it looks in the pictures). I found them to need some break in before they got comfortable though (I ordered my normal size and medium width) - they were snug across the ball of the foot initially, but after wearing them a few times this improved a lot. I definitely can't wear thick socks with them though. The crepe sole was not as cushy as I thought it would be, but it's not that bad really. Time will tell how durable the sole is, but the leather seems like a good quality. Overall once you get them worn in a bit and conformed to your foot, these are a pretty nice stylish boot.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2015
The color in the photo of the "taupe" boots is laughably off - or at least I would be laughing if I didn't have to waste a lot of time now packing up and returning a pair of boots that I never would have ordered in the first place had they been accurately portrayed on Amazon. They are straight-up GREY - there is no brown hue to them AT ALL. They are super-cute grey boots (and I would probably love them if they were the color advertised), but they are definitely GREY BOOTS - do not be misled by the pic. See my pic showing the true color below.
review image
on March 18, 2014
I love these boots, and wear them daily. Just an fyi though, in case you're like me and think this picture is showing/you are ordering a light brown boot - they are grey: straight grey, no brownish-grey or greyish-brown about it. I kept them, and the only drawback is the ring around the top of the boot where my denim (regular levi's, nothing fancy) has stained the suede... I belatedly read online how to work around/fix this issue w/ painters tape on the inside of the hem, so it's possible to avoid my same predicament.
on November 15, 2012
Give 'em a chance to break in and you won't be disappointed. I debated buying these boots after reading the reviews, and almost sent them back when I got them. I was immediately irritated when putting these on. They cut into the top of my foot above my toes, and I thought 'well these suck' and then I remembered reading in the reviews that they needed to be broken in so I gave it a try. I've only worn these boots two days and they are no longer cutting into the top of my foot. They are lightweight and the tread gets great traction and doesn't get dirty as easily as I thought. The sole is a bit hard for my taste, but they don't make my feet hurt at the end of the day like some of the other boots I've purchased. They go with just about everything and even in a size 10 they don't look ridiculously big like some boots. I would say they fit true to size.
on February 1, 2015
These shoes are amazingly comfortable, durable and look great. I ordered a size 6, since that's my usual size, but they turned out to be a little too loose and roomy in the toe area. Since they are little larger than I am use to, I have tripped up a few times, because the front rim of the shoes stick out a little too much. I definitely could have gone down half a size or a full size for a better fit. Even with the shoes being a little bit too big, I did experience some rubbing on my little toes, so I would say that it took me a week to break into the shoes.

I've had the shoes for just over a year now and the soles are in amazing condition with very little wear and tear. The suede leather on the other hand has gone from a distressed grey to a faded grey with green/yellow undertones, which I am not too keen on. I never wore in the rain, so the color fade is due to natural passage of time. The shoes look worn and tired and not as great as they use to, but they are still as comfortable as ever.

Clarks are known for their comfortable and durable shoes (not necessarily fashionable) and these dessert boots are classics. I would purchase these shoes again, but I'd go half a size down and maybe get a camel or tan color that would age better.
on January 23, 2013
I adore literally everything about these boots. They are exactly what I wanted when I typed "old school boots" into the Google search bar. When these arrived, they were perfection. I ordered the beeswax leather and am happy with my choice. They do scuff (sort of) but I think it adds character and makes them even better. They look utterly fabulous with jeans - I've worn them with both boot cut and skinny (with and without a cuff). They also look great with some tights and a skirt. The only thing that you have to watch with every day wear is that the material on the bottom of the shoe is not as 'grippy' as I thought it would be. It's spongy and comfortable, but I've noticed that it doesn't provide very much traction on ice. As for size, I wasn't sure whether to size up or down so I just went with my normal size of 9.5 and they fit very well with comfy socks.

The thing I will tell you is to heed the warnings about breaking these in. When I read the reviews, I didn't think it would be that bad as I've never really had a problem breaking in new shoes before. These were horrific during the first wear despite the fact that I wore very thick socks with them. The back of my heel rubbed painfully almost immediately upon putting the boots on my feet and within an hour, the area above my ankles (where the top of the boot hits your leg) was killing me. When I got home that night the backs of both of my heels were bright red and tender and I had a deep purple indentation around my ankles from the boot tops. I have to say I was terrified to put them back on but they are so dang cute! So I waited about a week before I wore them again. The second wear was ridiculously comfortable and they have been ever since. If you can make it through the initial wear, you're golden and these boots are amazing. I want to order in more colors but I will admit that I'm hesitant to go through the breaking in process again. The pair I have, though, are my favorite shoes now.
on October 12, 2013
I like the look of this boot, but I am on my feet 10 hours a day and I don't find them very comfortable. I put in a light cushioning pad and now my toes are uncomfortable . I have an average width foot and only want to wear them for a few hours at a time.
on May 22, 2014
I loved the casual style, colour and the Clarks Brand however, The size 8 was a very tight fit. I think an 8 1/2 or 9 would've been too large. For the first 3 days I wore bulky socks for as long as comfort would allow. Being suede, they stretched and now, wearing regular socks, they fit perfect! I am considering ordering them in Beeswax but will have to order 1/2 size larger as the leather is a lot harder to stretch. Overall, I liked them and would recommend them to friends and family!