Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 10, 2011
I bought these boots after a long search. I needed a boot that would be warm, go from casual to dressy, have a not-too-high heel to stabilize my bad ankles and knees, and have an embellishment that wasn't over the top. These boots do it! They're not too young looking for my 54 year old self, but my daughter (26) likes them, too.
I only wore them in the house yesterday, but the fit was true, the leather shaft was soft and easy to handle, and the design fit my ankles and calves without extra leather bunching around my ankles or hurting my foot. So far I give these boots five stars, but if I run into problems after wearing them out in the world, I will definitely update this posting.
11 comment20 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2012
I just purchased these boots, and I am so pleased. The leather is incredibly soft, and they feel as if they've already been broken in . I especially enjoy how the leather is so buttery soft and doesn't cause any discomfort in the ankle area as other boots have in the past due to stiffer leather. They are very comfortable and run true to size. I was comfortable after being in them for an entire day without any discomfort. However, I added gel insoles and wow....now they feel REALLY awesome.

The leather is incredibly soft as I mentioned before, and they look beautiful in the brown. You will find these to be your most versatile pair of boots in your closet. I will be purchasing a pair in black as well.

Update 3/25/13:

I purchased the same boots in black. I still enjoy the boots I originally purchased in the brown, and always receive tons of compliments. I have had my brown pair for about a year and they are still my favorite boots because the leather continues to get softer with wear, and more comfortable like a pair of broken in jeans. The black ones are just as fabulous, and give my brown pair a break. Would still recommend after a year of owning them.
on January 4, 2012
I had been looking for a mix between a riding boot and a cowboy boot. These fit the bill and then some. They are absolutely beautiful - look like a $500 pair of boots and have the Clarks comfort as an added bonus. I've only worn them a couple of times so far, but each time I receive multiple compliments (usually wear with my jeans tucked in). The brown color is so rich looking, heel is just the right height, and calf is big enough to fit over bootcut jeans (when tucked in) without feeling or looking taught, but also doesn't gap when wearing a skirt thanks to the small elastic insert at the zipper. All in all, a perfect boot!
on April 6, 2013
Holy buckets!!! Don't wait on these if you CAN find them in your size!!! They just arrived and they are gorgeous! Leather is so soft! I ordered up to a nine as I wear an 8-1/2 usually and they fit great with a normal sock. One issue for me is my wider calf ( 16") and they zipped up just fine with even a little room for my jeans or leggings. VERY comfy! Seriously don't wait, worth the money!
on February 2, 2012
I bought these boots after searching far and wide for boots that are both comfortable and fashionable. These fit the bill perfectly. I put them on the day after they arrived and spent all day walking in them while taking my grandson to a museum and true to all of my Clarks shoes I had no aching feet or blisters. They look wonderful and feel like they come broken in perfectly. I actually just ordered another pair of Clarks boots so that I can have a pair in black as well. I highly recommend these boots and any other Clarks product.
on December 8, 2013
I end up taking back at least 3/4 of all the shoes I buy at a store. I try them on, they feel fine, I wear them around the house and they turn miserable after 10-20 minutes. I usually have good luck with Clarks brand though and these came up on the magic lightening deal at a price I just couldn't pass up. I figured it was going to cost me a trip to the post office to return them. I am so pleased with these boots. They look great, the leather is just pure luxury, and the fit is a perfect size 7 (at least MY size 7). I have a wide foot and a high arch but 7 1/2's slop around on my heel. I also have 15" calves and am always pleased when any boot will zip easily. These went right up the first time (with thin socks). It doesn't feel like I could get pants tucked in but there is a small elastic gusset that allows it to give enough for zipping ease. No return planned for these boots! Yay!
on October 27, 2012
Totally comfortable for picky feet! Quality superb! So good looking people will compliment you on them! Want them in two tone!
on January 5, 2012
I found these boots at a local shop for $280 and fell in love with them. I was so happy when I found them on Amazon for so much less! They are exactly what I was looking for and just had to have them. They are very flattering and slimming and look GREAT with jeans tucked in, which is something I don't normally do. I bought the black and there is no hint of a biker feel. They look classy and great with skirts too. The toe is just right, not pointy and not square. They are taller than I've had and shape the calf nicely. With proper cleaning and protection from moisture (silicon), I intend to wear them for years and years. I'm very happy with them!
on March 6, 2012
I love boots. Even after reading all the positive reviews on these, I am surprised at how much i like them. The are comfortable, well made, and they look great. They stand out from all the cheap-trashy boots that are so popular these days. You'll need to get some waterproofing gunk on them ASAP. My only complaint (which is purely personal, and not the fault of the boot) is that the color is a bit odd to me. I'm used to wearing black boots/shoes and i'm just a little lost on wearing brown ones. I'll get over it--they're awesome. If you're on the fence about these boots (i stalked them for months) like i was, I'd go ahead and get em'.
on October 8, 2012
I have been searching for the perfect pair of tall black boots, ordering and returning several pairs before finding these Clarks. I received them last week and have been wearing them almost nonstop! I stand most of the day at work, and these are very comfortable. It's difficult to find comfortable and stylish - but these are wonderful! True to size - I usually take 8.5 or 9 and the size 9 is perfect. Highly recommend!