4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Effort For A Sequel
Published on August 14, 2000 by Juliana M. Willis

3.0 out of 5 stars Class of '44
This movie doesn't measure up, in ANY way, to the Summer of '42, to which this is the sequel. Mildly entertaining, but in No Way a Classic such as Summer of '42. But without Jennifer O'Neill, how could it be. I'm glad I bought it and viewed it because I always wondered and wanted to see this film. Now I have. I give it a C-.
Published 3 months ago by OLDEESTUNES

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Effort For A Sequel, August 14, 2000
This review is from: Class of 44 [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I have yet to see a video store carry this film. I had to catch it on UPN at 2:30am. Like most people, I loved "Summer Of 42" (it even made a cameo in THE SHINING), so I was sure I'd love this one. The story takes place after the boys graduate & Benjy enlists in the army while Oscy & Hermie head off to college. Oscy (Jerry Houser) is his usual horny self, with some great comedy timing. Some of the best scenes are of fraternity hazing. I could not believe the stuff boys had to go through to be accepted (i.e. the olive & the ice block or the bell with the "pull me" card). William Atherton as the fraternity president is at his best and most evil. To be expected, there's a sappy love story involving Hermie (Gary Grimes); but its awkward college romance is very realistic.

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD CLASSIC MOVIE FROM AMAZON.COM, September 17, 2012
Debra Usrey "joey" (ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Class of '44 (DVD)
I actually saw this movie years ago, and I really liked the friendship that was shared by these three boys. The DVD was received well within the time frame given to me at the time of purchase, the product was received in excellent condition, and it was a reasonable price.

I appreciate the excellent product and great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class of '44, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Class of '44 (DVD)
After enjoying the "Summer of '42" as a teenager and then revisiting it ...four decades later, I became aware of the movie sequel "Class of '44" with three of the original actors. I was pleasantly surprised! The "Class of '44 was a good balm of sorts ...as I really wanted to see more of the lives of the three friends, Hermie, Oscy and Benjie. This movie was believable, a period piece with real situations and emotional depth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Class of '44, April 3, 2014
OLDEESTUNES "JCC" (Monroeville, PA, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Class of 44 DVD, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Class of '44 (DVD)
I watched the "Summer of 42" in the theater when it was released when I was just a little older than the main male characters in the movie. I loved it. I also saw the sequel, "Class of 44," when it came out in theaters. It wasn't quite as good as "Summer of 42," but it was still pretty good. I had to have this DVD for my collection of classic movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class Of 44, September 26, 2007
This review is from: Class of 44 [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Was well pleased with product, it was shipped in a very timely manner, and was in the condition as described by seller.

Class of '44
Class of '44 by Paul Bogart (DVD - 2010)
$17.99 $10.99