Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Classic Accessories 52-001-010401-00 Snow Thrower Cab (Older Model)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 4, 2014
Arrived in timely matter, had no problems with the instructions, assembled it inside (highly recommended). Used a heat gun to straighten out all the creases for the cabin material from being folded for shipment (again, highly recommend). Would also recommend using a 1/2" deep well socket with ratchet.

Even assembly inside where its heated, the cover is an extremely tight fit, I did it myself , but with 2 people it would be a lot easier. Took about an hour 20 minutes from start to finish, used immediately after assembly in 15 MPH wind (air temp 10 degrees), made the job so much easier as I didn't have to keep my back to wind all the time, could go straight into the wind and the cab worked perfectly.

Had to brush light snow that accumulated on the clear windshield from the snow thrower from blow back, not a big deal, just quick brush off with the hand. Would recommend this as good product.
on November 6, 2011
I added this cab to a new Craftsman snow thrower I just purchased on-line from Sears.

It assembled easily. However, I did pickup a 1/2 deep-well socket for my 3/8 ratchet to make removing it for summer storage and possible winter adjustments easier. The bolts holding the cab onto the handle of the snow thrower are fairly long.

I'm looking forward to ice free bifocals this winter.
on November 7, 2013
Many have stated that they had parts label wrong, so did I. I call the 800 number and was told that some units got the old part manual and some parts may have been missing. Well let me tell you this is the BEST customer service that I have ever seen. They not only supplied the correct manual but sent me the parts that I was missing.
on February 16, 2013
OK, I had read the other reviews about the instructions and thought - how bad can it be? I have never seen instructions before that were literally WRONG. Not bad, not hard to understand - but literally have you putting the thing together wrong. Here are my two hints for buyers:

1. The parts all seemed off by one letter.
2. Where they have you assembling the main rear loop - you do not put in 2 letter E pieces. The second set of letter E pieces (the labels were F, instructions say E) are for the flexible loop with the fiberglass rods.

As others have said, don't put the cab together in the cold - it's too stiff. I brought mine inside instead and it went on ok.

The product doesn't seem bad - I think it will keep the blowing snow off me.
on March 13, 2010
Very satisfied with this product. Attached very easily to my snow blower, blocked the wind and snow from my face and made snow blowing just a little more tolerable. Takes up more room in the garage when not in use tho.
on May 8, 2012
bought it on amazon after seeing that everyone else was selling the same product for more, especially if you have to pay shipping. It went together fairly well. A second person helping is a big plus. I'm 6ft tall so it just touches the top of my head while low enough to cover the controls. I does the job of saving you from getting blasted in the face from the snow you just threw into the wind. Wish it was a little longer on the bottom for more protection but that's minor compared to what I use to have to put up with. It's not the kind of thing you want to take on and off each season so plan on larger summer storage space. I'd buy it again
on January 19, 2014
First of all, the instructions state ONE hour set up time; allow at least three hours. It is not that difficult; it is just time consuming.
You might also be on the lookout for the parts list/directions being off by one letter. Ie. part D2 is now part E, part E is now part H, etc.
It fit well on my MTD two stage snow blower with no modifications. However, the entire shield is held onto the machine by just two clamps. If you are familiar with northwest Indiana you know that besides snow we have WIND! I did not trust these two clamps to be sufficient. I fashioned a metal brace. Minimal additional weight, considerable additional structural support.
You will need an open end wrench and a socket wrench will be convenient to have also. All nuts/ bolts are the same size.
on December 11, 2013
I've always had problems with the snowblower always blowing snow in my face, not to mention the exhaust fumes. This changes everything. Snow cannot get in. It also cuts the wind, which is good. Hands are completely inside the "cabin" so my gloves no longer get soaked.

The instructions, while clear, don't seem to fully explain how the top goes on. The front curve does not actually attach to the back. Once I figured that out it went on fine. This took about an hour to install, even with my confusion. Every part is clearly labeled. Most parts just snap together. The only tools needed was a socket wrench and adjustable box wrench.

A surprise is how tall it is. It is much higher than my shed door. To get it through the shed door I have to tilt the snowblower down, once through the door all is fine. I suppose it is pretty easy to remove the cabin from the snowblower but doing that every time would quickly make this a chore.

I highly recommend this
on December 27, 2012
I was installing this on my Ariens Platinum 30 snowblower. Nylon shell was too short, I was barely able to velcro the bottom to the frame. The clamps used for adjusting the tilt of the cab were not strong enough to hold cab in place - immediately tipped down on me after I tightened the bolts down. u-bolts were way too long, and the nuts bottomed out, leaving the mounts barely snug to the snowblower frame. Instructions say you need 1/2" socket or wrench or adjustable wrench, but the nuts for the u-bolts are locking nuts. You'll want a deep 1/2" socket, or one of those wratcheting box-end wrenches - otherwise you'll spend a good 30 miins or more just tightening down 8 nuts. I'm returning this item, and will look at other brands.
review image review image review image
on June 19, 2012
Seems like it should work good keeping me out of the wind and snow however I have a smaller blower which it is supposed to work on. It does but to makes the blower heavy on the back so I have to hold it up to keep it in the snow. This is not a big deal to me but it would be a lot better on a larger heavier blower. I am very pleased and dry. It was relatively easy to put together and seems to be made well.