5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet stories and a good value!
I like that each of these books is a separate binding. Too often these collections jam everything together into one book, which doesn't make for comfortable before bed reading. These sweet little stories are going to see a lot of action in our house!
Published on October 1, 2012 by Natty AKA Picky Polly

3.0 out of 5 stars great short stories, terrible quality product
terrible quality product, pages and cover are cut different sizes but the stories are very good for a 2 1/2 year old. too bad the product is poorly put together, the price is low and you get what you pay for I guess! I would be willing to pay more for a better product.
Published 20 months ago by Lisa K. Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet stories and a good value!, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Classic Characters of Little Golden Books: The Poky Little Puppy, Tootle, The Saggy Baggy Elephant, Tawny Scrawny Lion, and Scuffy the Tugboat (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the old days, June 29, 2011
I purchased the set of Golden Books for my 2-year-old granddaughter. Just like my own kids did when they were young, she sits still and listens closely when I read them to her. Of course, all of the stories promote certain morals and lessons, which is fine, but I had forgotten that a couple of them include somewhat gruesome descriptions, of natural animal behavior, but nevertheless possibly disturbing to a 2-year-old, so I decided to paraphrase a bit. All in all, I'm glad these nostalgic little books are still being published.

4.0 out of 5 stars "TAKES YOU BACK", August 24, 2014
Great potty chair reading. I purchased this set for my grandson's potty training. The stories are as I remember. The pictures are very bright & colorful.They are the GOLDEN BOOKS we also remember.The books measure 6 3/4" × 8" long. Each book has 12 pages in them. The five books come in a not very thick cardboard sleeve. The sleeve measures the same as the books , plus 1" thick for housing the five books .It isn't getting 5 stars because I think where the pages bind to the hard cover , it could been sealed, glued better. With this being said my tazmanian 2 year old grandson has not taken them apart . He looks at his books aways , and they are still in tact. I know things just aren't made the way they used to be , I guess books aren't either. But I feel it was money well spent . THANKS FOR READING! BYE

5.0 out of 5 stars My children grew up with this book, March 31, 2011
My children grew up with this book. They loved it so much, that I bought a copy for each of the grand and great-grand children. More than worth the money. Children love to be read to. The most favorite was the story about the Elephant "who went galumph, galumph through the woods".

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved these books..want to share with the next generation, April 9, 2012
Hard to find the classic Golden Books....you had all the favorites in a nice complete set. Hopefully you will continue to carry this set. It makes a good baby shower gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Characters of Little Golden Books, June 28, 2014
LisaMo (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
Starting a collection for my grandchild especially since research states we need to start reading to our children starting at birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Perfection, August 26, 2013
I bought this set as a Christmas present for my niece's three little girls; no child should grow up without Little Golden Books! These stories are some of my favorite book memories: I was read to as a small child, and then read them to myself as I got older. (My brother used to tell me rather impatiently that I would be able to read faster if I read SILENTLY--ha!) I read them to my children, and am eagerly waiting for a grandchild one day so I can read them to him/her. Little Golden Books are wonderful, creative, sweet stories that capture a child's imagination and often teach gentle lessons. To this day, "The Poky Little Puppy" and "Tootle" are favorites of mine and my three grown children! Stash the computer and iPad regularly and READ these to your kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Book Collection, January 9, 2013
Our little Audrey and her parents were very impressed with this wonderful set of books. You cannot go wrong with Golden Books and I would definitely buy more Golden books in the future. Amazon has been wonderful during the gift giving season. Sincerely, Janet Madden, Boston MA

5.0 out of 5 stars Share the Joy of Old Favorites, December 5, 2014
I bought this set for a new mama to share the joy I experienced reading these Golden Classics to my children when young. Just like I remembered and so fun to see a new generation of little ones smile at these favorite stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this set of books, September 27, 2014
I love this set of books. The golden books in general are the perfect size book to read my baby cakes to sleep. This set is older stories and they are adorable. No offense to Disney and all the other TV/movie characters out there but it's nice to read a book to my baby cakes that doesn't feel like a marketing blitz for a theme park or movie that just came out or the newest kids show on TV.