Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Color: Classic BlueProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$46.98 - $79.99

on November 9, 2014
I was more than disappointed in this product. I couldn't wait for it's arrival since my 18 months girl loves to use pens, I thought it was the perfect toy for her.
Unfortunately, I can't believe that this product is made by Fisher-Price, the company I trust the most! Here are the problems I've found:
1. The moment I opened the package, I noticed the triangle magnet was scratched all around the edges. I will upload a photo for that.
2. The eraser tab doesn't work properly so i had to move it back and forth multiple times, still not clearing the magnet drawings.
3. After a total of 2 hours of play, the pad cannot be totally cleared anymore and there are permanent residue of magnets. Good that i took a photo for that but I hope it shows clearly what I meant.
4. Now after a month, the residues are accumulating more and more.

I was so disappointed that even a cheeper doodle pads were not that bad. Fisher-Price surely messed up this time..
review image review image
0Comment38 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
We were surprised that our 12.5 month old loved this gift. It took her a week to figure out how it worked. She enjoys darkening the screen with the stampers and wipes it.

* It is sturdy, well designed, with a large screen that gets very dark.

* Drawings don't fade, and it is easy to wipe perfectly.

* 2 magnets, a circle and a triangle, to fill out the large screen. They hold strongly on their storage.

* Pen with magnetic tip writes well, but its cord should have been a bit longer.

* Easy to hold, great handles.

Best part, the colors are gorgeous and it is non-branded, all the ones at the store we visited were branded with some movie or kid merchandise, and we don't want our kids exposed to merchandising/tie-ins.
22 comments51 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2015
I ignored the other one star reviews because it is fisher price and I have never had an issue with one of their products, but this one is awful. It came out of the packaging with small spots that wouldn't erase, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of returning just for that. My son has only used it for two weeks and it has a hole in it and spots the that won't erase are just getting bigger and bigger. There is also a weird chemical smell coming out of it now that there is a hole in it. This is his second magna doodle. The first he had for over a year and the only reason we replaced it is because the nib in the pen fell out. The first was a very cheap $3 one from Walmart. I was hoping to go UP in quality, not down when I purchased fisher price.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 19, 2014
We bought this for our 2 years old son to enjoy during our 45 minute commutes. He plays with it quite frequently while being buckled up in his car seat and that prevents him from getting bored.

This is a pretty basic doodler that offers the common features that can be found in every other doodler in the market. However, after having replaced two doodlers due to bad quality I can say that this one, having been used by a toddler over a year, stood well. We, so far, have no dead pixels (this is how I call the dark leftover areas that could not be erased using the sliding eraser). Another good point is that the tip of the pen is well rounded with no spiky bits. The doodler we replaced had a tiny spike which caused bad scratches on the screen but luckily this one was fine.

Another praiseworthy aspect of this doodler is the large screen size. It measures 10 X 7.5 inches and this is pretty large when compared with our other doodlerVTech Stencil and Learn Studio (we received as a gift) which is around the same price but measures 8.5 X 6.3 inches. Besides this has quite good grip holders on both sides which the other one lacks and more importantly the pen is attached at the middle which makes it equidistant for both right and left handed use. My son prefers using his left hand as frequent as the right one and the other one being placed toward right hand side makes him angry for that reason.

However that Vtech doodler prevails in the accessories as it had more stampers and also offers many cards that trigger different songs and speech files related to that card. It operates with battery and offers an audio experience in addition to the drawing experience.

So, if you want the basic doodler functions in good quality and large screen, then this might be good for you. However if you are after a more comprehensive experience with cards and songs and do not care about the area or the right handed orientation then the vTech one may suit better for your needs
22 comments29 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2014
I just received this item today and will be returning it tomorrow. It looks used and is damaged. It has dark spots all over which will not erase. Bought this for my granddaughter. It's nothing like the Magna Doodle my kids grew up with. I don't know if it is just bad quality or really second hand. Very disappointing!
on May 15, 2012
The product showed some dark spots that cannot be removed even when it's new. After one month use, there are grey areas everywhere. It's not a durable product.
11 comment20 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2014
I bought this item for my toddler. I am a big fan of Fisher Price products. They are just so baby/toddler friendly in all the terms. My toddler has owned only Fisher Price toys. But this time I was completely disappointed with this product. The screen is not so white, in the sense that it does not erase neatly after writing. The stains and old writing are still visible.

Is it a defective piece or the design of the product itself is defective?
on January 25, 2013
i decided to get this doodler for my son once he learnt to hold a pen because he somehow decided that after two or so scratches on a book page he needed a new fresh page again.
it arrived quickly and well packaged but i soon realized that it didn't clean so well-even after several swipes. now while that isn't too big a problem for a 20 month old- i couldn't very well give this a higher rating because a few days ago my husband made a startling observation with the swipe knob: it is hollow!! and what happened is that my son somehow got his tiny finger into the hollow so when he reached the other end of the pad his finger got pinched-because the pad is curved inwards in the middle so the entire back of the knob is exposed (see product image for a better idea of what i am referring to) (annie)
review image
on July 29, 2015
Just a day of usages and lines appeared on the board that cannot be earsed. The hexagon grid on the board is also not consistent. Those at the edge of the board are warped as though they are over stretched.
on August 13, 2014
after using for 2 mths the doodle board had shown a black PATCH about 18cm by 1.5cm @ the top edge of the board.
if i just look on the bright side, i still got a large portion that my kids could still use but come on man fisher price shouldn't make such a poor quality product. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!