4.0 out of 5 stars Bad review, Andrew
Published on December 23, 2010 by P. Romberg

2.0 out of 5 stars Yikes...
Published on May 24, 2010 by Andrew

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad review, Andrew, December 23, 2010
This review is from: Classic Fantastic (Audio CD)
While I would agree that this is not as good as "Come Find Yourself" or the even better "100% Columbian," I think it is probably their best album since those, maybe on the same level as "Loco" which I thought was also very good. It feels like there is a little more of that jazz-funk style on this on as opposed to the last 2 albums. And as for the statement in Andrews review "when all you care about is dancing, drinking, and getting into the groove", well yeah, thats exactly why people listen to FLC. They are Fun. If you want music that isn't fun then go listen to some other mopey bastards; God knows they are plenty of them out there. Just listen to the title track on this album, that pretty much tells the listener all one would need to know about FLC's music and style. If you like it, then I would encourage you to check out the rest of "Classic Fantastic" and their other albums. If not, then move along to the next thing. These guys are a great mix of rock, hip-hop, jazz, lounge and blues, and they put it all together in some catchy tunes. My only complaint: the availability of their work stateside.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yikes..., May 24, 2010
This review is from: Classic Fantastic (Audio CD)
I used to listen to the band's first two albums quite frequently years ago, and just recently got back into them again. Having read up on their subsequent releases -- primarily available in Europe -- I knew I should expect that their act was played up more and that their tongue-in-cheek humor was at the forefront. NONE of that prepared me for the downright cacophony that is CLASSIC FANTASTIC. The album starts off horribly with "Mars", where they sing about partying in space until they implode (REALLY??) and it doesn't get any better. By the time I hit the skit "Conversations with our Lawyer", with its SOPRANOS/DEADWOOD-like dialogue, I knew I couldn't lower my expectations enough. (Also, I'm not a prude for profanity, but when it's all you can say, isn't that a bit...shallow...and childish?) I don't think I finished any of the tracks on the album, not for lack of melody or production, but for how BAD they are lyrically. Nothing has changed subject-wise for the band in years, and they've cranked up their faux-gangster image far beyond most people's tastes. It's like, "Huey, you're in your forties. You're really kickin' a*s on the streets, eh? Forty years old and still filling in lyrics with 'the FLC', eh?" It's no wonder they're huge in Europe and ignored in the U.S., because they're nothing but a joke anymore. They probably put on a helluva good show -- it's obvious that they're MUSICALLY talented -- but when all you care about is dancing, drinking, and getting into the groove, do you really care how stupid the songs sound?

Take my advice - stick with their first two major studio releases, back before they became a little jack-in-the-box and lost all restraint and creativity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to Andrew!, December 20, 2010
Don't listen to Andrew!
Go look at his reviews for other things and you will understand!
He clearly is a jealous x-musician or artist with little to no talent!
All he does is diss everything and one things for sure, he aint got a clue about what the FLC are about!
If you like their old albums, you will like this!
They don't take themselves seriously and why should they?
Sometimes music is meant for having fun!
This album rocks and its because of narrow minded people like Andrew that they are not successful in the US!
It feels great to be from Europe where we can listen to any type of music without any prejudice!

Classic Fantastic
Classic Fantastic by Fun Lovin' Criminals (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies