5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems here
Published on February 28, 2010 by Jo-Jo

3.0 out of 5 stars Mesh Soda Siphon
This soda siphon replaces a Liss brand. The Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon is very attractive. Compared to the Liss soda siphon, it is far easier to install the carbon cartridge. The one complaint is that this soda siphon produces far less vigorous fizz in the water.
Published on December 4, 2010 by Jo Ann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems here, February 28, 2010
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have been using this siphon for about six months now, and have gone through about 100 liters of water, and I haven't had any problems mentioned by the others. The soda is fizzy, tastes great, and is easy to make. I did figure out that if I screwed the charger on slowly until the CO2 container was just punctured, and waited for it to charge the water it carbonated better than if I screwed it on quickly (in which case some of the CO2 leaked out around the CO2 holder).

3.0 out of 5 stars Mesh Soda Siphon, December 4, 2010
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
The instructions with the bottle suggest that the head should be screwed down firmly but not over-tightened. However, if not tightened very firmly, soda water leaks out the top. The company reports that this may mean the gasket needs replacing and the company will send a replacement gasket at no charge. The manufacturer included supplemental instructions based on problems customers have had with this soda siphon. These are very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 1, 2010
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
I love this soda syphon. It works great and the water stays carbonated for a long time. I have been using it for almost a year. I bought it to cut out the waste of plastic bottles and it has absolutely delivered. I keep it in the fridge all the time, even when I am not using it. I don't know if that helps or not, but I am very happy and completely satisfied with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great, but bottle assembly is iffy, January 9, 2011
Catch-22 (Long Island, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
I have no complaints about the taste or function of this siphon, but for the money, it was very surprising to see that the bottle did not stand up straight on its base. You have to wonder about a company without adequate quality controls like this that would allow a visibly tilted assembly out of the factory. I would not order again or recommend it unless the buyer is set on a glass siphon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and great product!, July 8, 2010
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
I like this product. I had some trouble at first getting the flow to come out and Christian at customer service helped me solve the problem by adjusting the cap (at the top) counterclockwise to open it slightly which allowed flow to come out. Great customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, works well, August 24, 2010
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
The bubbles this makes is not as strong as you would expect from carbonated water you get from the soda fountain, or in a bottle of mineral water or club soda. The bubbles this makes are smaller and don't last as long after you dispense it. This is fine for me, I really like the soda it makes!

I've gone through a couple boxes of CO2 cartridges, but I've yet to discover the perfect procedure. I fill the bottle with filtered water and put the whole thing in the fridge until its as cold as it will get. I then install the CO2 cartridge and inject the CO2. Without removing the cartridge, I shake the bottle for about 30 seconds and put it all back into the fridge for an hour. Doing it this way gets me the most bubbly water, I think.

Probably a cheap way to have soda water at home, and I think it is cheaper in the long run than buying bottled soda water. I can't say that I've stopped buying the bottled stuff all together, but with this and a box of cartridges, I've got enough to last me for a long time.

It looks cool too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy classic, November 26, 2010
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
I love this soda siphon. Everyone comments on the design and it works perfectly (best option is to have the water chilled when charging!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I ever put in my fridge, March 1, 2011
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
I don't understand the bad reviews, either. I follow the directions exactly, and I always have icy cold water that stays fizzy for as long as it hangs around the inside of the fridge door. Sometimes I drink a full quart in a day, and sometimes I forget about it for weeks, but no matter how long it sits around, this container is always full of sparkling fuzz. I love that it's made of glass in this world of plastic, and it's also nice to be able to avoid added sodium found in so many sparkling waters.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew Up!, September 16, 2010
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
Mine blew up last night when I was re-charging it. Scared the hell out of my two goldens and me. I was sprayed with small pieces of glass but no big chunks. I was wearing glasses. Maybe an alunimum one would be safer.

1.0 out of 5 stars You will get carbonation, but no satisfaction from using this inept product, June 21, 2010
WafleCone (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
I'm seconding other reviewers complaints about the looks. It's cheapie looking with clanky components. The plastic ring at the base of the bottle comes of easily, the red line started rubbing off on the second day of use. The bottle itself is large and heavy and doesn't fit in the refrigerator door.

The functionality didn't get far ahead of the looks. While it will carbonate the water to a satisfactory level, you have to wait for a few hours after you charge it for the desired result. The water comes out of the siphon in a trickle, and really, part of the pleasure of using this type of siphon (as oppose to more modern soda makers that have a base and reusable plastic bottles) is the pleasure of seeing the gushing frothy water that comes out with an ooomph!

This one is going back. Will be reading the reviews more carefully in the future and will not buy a product on the looks alone :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›