Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LISS Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon - 1 Quart (Liter)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 28, 2010
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have been using this siphon for about six months now, and have gone through about 100 liters of water, and I haven't had any problems mentioned by the others. The soda is fizzy, tastes great, and is easy to make. I did figure out that if I screwed the charger on slowly until the CO2 container was just punctured, and waited for it to charge the water it carbonated better than if I screwed it on quickly (in which case some of the CO2 leaked out around the CO2 holder).
on December 4, 2010
This soda siphon replaces a Liss brand. The Classic Glass Mesh Soda Siphon is very attractive. Compared to the Liss soda siphon, it is far easier to install the carbon cartridge. The one complaint is that this soda siphon produces far less vigorous fizz in the water.
The instructions with the bottle suggest that the head should be screwed down firmly but not over-tightened. However, if not tightened very firmly, soda water leaks out the top. The company reports that this may mean the gasket needs replacing and the company will send a replacement gasket at no charge. The manufacturer included supplemental instructions based on problems customers have had with this soda siphon. These are very helpful.
on April 1, 2010
I love this soda syphon. It works great and the water stays carbonated for a long time. I have been using it for almost a year. I bought it to cut out the waste of plastic bottles and it has absolutely delivered. I keep it in the fridge all the time, even when I am not using it. I don't know if that helps or not, but I am very happy and completely satisfied with this product.
on March 1, 2011
I don't understand the bad reviews, either. I follow the directions exactly, and I always have icy cold water that stays fizzy for as long as it hangs around the inside of the fridge door. Sometimes I drink a full quart in a day, and sometimes I forget about it for weeks, but no matter how long it sits around, this container is always full of sparkling fuzz. I love that it's made of glass in this world of plastic, and it's also nice to be able to avoid added sodium found in so many sparkling waters.
on July 8, 2010
I like this product. I had some trouble at first getting the flow to come out and Christian at customer service helped me solve the problem by adjusting the cap (at the top) counterclockwise to open it slightly which allowed flow to come out. Great customer service.
on August 24, 2010
The bubbles this makes is not as strong as you would expect from carbonated water you get from the soda fountain, or in a bottle of mineral water or club soda. The bubbles this makes are smaller and don't last as long after you dispense it. This is fine for me, I really like the soda it makes!

I've gone through a couple boxes of CO2 cartridges, but I've yet to discover the perfect procedure. I fill the bottle with filtered water and put the whole thing in the fridge until its as cold as it will get. I then install the CO2 cartridge and inject the CO2. Without removing the cartridge, I shake the bottle for about 30 seconds and put it all back into the fridge for an hour. Doing it this way gets me the most bubbly water, I think.

Probably a cheap way to have soda water at home, and I think it is cheaper in the long run than buying bottled soda water. I can't say that I've stopped buying the bottled stuff all together, but with this and a box of cartridges, I've got enough to last me for a long time.

It looks cool too!
on November 26, 2010
I love this soda siphon. Everyone comments on the design and it works perfectly (best option is to have the water chilled when charging!
on October 7, 2012
It didn't take long before it stopped functioning properly. Water starts leaking from the top of the siphon as soon as new cartridge is put in. After that a very low carbonation remains for the rest of the water. And, as others mentioned, it does look cheap. Would not recommend.
on July 24, 2011
This thing garners envy every time my designer friends come over.

We have converted a lot of Pellegrino addicts to DIY soda water just by breaking it out.

The water is a lot bubblier if you refrigerate it overnight before sticking the CO2 cartridge in.

We also have a nice iSi Soda Siphon, but this is better because it's clear (so you can see when the water is up to the line) and because it looks awesome. It is quite large in comparison, though.
on September 16, 2010
Mine blew up last night when I was re-charging it. Scared the hell out of my two goldens and me. I was sprayed with small pieces of glass but no big chunks. I was wearing glasses. Maybe an alunimum one would be safer.