Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on April 7, 2015
The package says that it holds 3 4"x6" pictures, but in reality it holds 3 4" by 5.5" pictures.

Here's two pictures to illustrate my point - one is a measuring tape clearly showing 5.5" as a height (right next to the product information that says "4x6"), the other is my attempt at fitting a 4x6 picture into the supposed 4x6 picture frame.
review image review image
on June 15, 2010
The important thing to know is exactly how much VIEWING space there actually is in a picture frame. While these 6x8 frames are very nice, what they don't tell you is the viewing space is 5.5" x 7.5+".
55 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2010
We had ordered some school photos for our 2 elementary school-aged daughters, and got a few 3.5" x 5" prints (one child per print) that happened to come out really well. We wanted to send the photos to the grandparents and a few other relatives. We also wanted to spare the relatives the hassle of looking for frames (otherwise they might never get around to displaying the photos), and we wanted the photos to go together as a "set".

We looked around the usual local chain stores for a dual frame that could hold both of these photos of this size side-by-side, and you'd be surprised how difficult it was to find this exact size and type of frame! It seems 4x6", 5x7", and 8x10" are much more popular and come in greater varieties.

So, we searched on-line, and even then, there were slim pickings, but thankfully we found this frame, so we ordered a few and had them sent to us. The frames are clean, simple, solid, and do the job. The 2 side-by-side portrait photos of the kids look great, and the relatives love the photos and are displaying them in their homes. The frames are nothing fancy, but they are certainly accpetable, and considering how hard they were to find, I'm very happy with them.
on May 30, 2011
I bought this frame to be hung on a wall and I had to remove the kickstand before I could do that. I wasn't aware from the description that it was meant to be put on a horizontal surface rather than a wall. Otherwise a very good frame.
on June 8, 2015
This frame is nice and arrived in a timely manner, but be forewarned--the openings are not 4x6. They are 3.5x5. I realized this when I went to put my recently-developed 4x6 images but they were too large. Got out the tape measure and they are 1.5 inches smaller than advertised. I was able to trim down my photos with little trouble and it still works, but the manufacturer needs to relabel because the openings are NOT for 4x6 photos.
review image review image
on October 13, 2009
this was a terrible experience. the openings are NOT 4 by 6. I ordered 4 of these frames and had to spend time chopping up perfectly good pictures. fits more like 4 by 5 pictures
33 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2014
Bought two of the 4 x 5 frames for some 3.5 x 4.5 prints. I had to use a mat board to hide the gaps. If you're going to use a mat board make sure it's thin because the back is going to be hard to close. The frame itself feels pretty good, has a nice weight to it and it doesn't feel cheap like other people have said.
review image
on September 15, 2011
As mentioned by other reviewers, this is a difficult size to find. The frame arrived much more quickly than advertised, was carefully and properly packaged. The clip style on the back that holds in the backing piece is much sturdier and locks in place better than "cheaper" frames and the stand will work both in vertical or horizontal modes. A quality product.
on January 7, 2010
I received this frame as a gift and was disappointed to find that I had to cut my 4x6 photos to fit the "4x6" frame size. There is a cheap cardboard matting behind the glass which is all there is to hold the photos. Most people would probably not care much about that, but I had to tape the photos to keep them from sliding around when I move the frame. The frame can be used horizontally or vertically, but if it's placed near any potential movement (like an office desk) I would not recommend the vertical orientation as the flimsy cardboard stand is insufficient to support the top heavy frame if it gets bumped. Clear tape is needed if used vertically to prevent the pictures from falling since there are no raised dividers between the photo openings. I would be able to live with it if it fit a standard 4x6 photograph, but all in all I'd recommend not buying this frame.
on June 15, 2012
The item pictured is a wide-border frame, which is what I needed. Although the total dimensions listed--2.8 x 4.8--are correct, the picture is misleading. Based on the photo, I expected a 2x3 opening with a larger border. The correct photo for this item can be seen with the Linear Black Frame 3.5x5 by Malden. This little frame wasn't worth $6.78, even with Super Saver shipping. Maybe $3 max. Amazon needs to take more care to ensure the right photo is pictured with its product listings.