5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great music.
Now that the posts made it aware that it was for bass, which it doesn't specify, I'll give it a full five.

I'm a relatively new bass player and it's done great for me. Dazed and Confused and The Lemon song have some of the two coolest bass lines ever, and what you hear from sources other than the official book will always be atleast partially inacurate...
Published on December 28, 2004 by dprime

1.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Tab Book For Bass !
I purchased this item thinking it was a tab book for guitar. When I got it, I found out that it was for bass guitar. I'm mad because Amazon didn't state that it was a tab book for bass plus paid $30 for it. I'm not buying anything from Amazon again.
Published on August 1, 2001 by Harry Truman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great music., December 28, 2004
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)

If you're a BASS player and you like Zeppelin, buy it. It's that simple; how could it be any other way?

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great - one very big problem, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
Quite an impressive set of music. A few bends missing here and there, but shockingly, half of the key signatures are wrong. Super annoying and makes you doubt the quality of the overall work. The notes are right but they've just thrown a random key signature at the front of half the pieces. You can just ignore it of course..but bad form!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, September 23, 2009
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
This helps the bass player get inside the music, not only to be able to access it for him/herself, but also to understand the complexity and brilliance of it. Highly recommended, though the novice should be warned: the tab is not easy technically, and so perhpas should not be one's first choice if one is easily discouraged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zep I & II for bass, September 4, 2009
Carchop (Tampa, FL U.S. of A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
Bass tab can be hard to find, and it was great to find, in my opinion, Zeppelins best 2 albums in one book. Blues based rock was brought to new levels when these albums were released, and for those having trouble picking up the bass lines, these books should be a big help. For some reason, the tablature numbers are a lot smaller than normal making it hard to stay with at times if playing along with the albums. Had they used a larger font, this item would have gotten 5 stars easily.
It would be great to have more of these available, and a thing of beauty if "show me how" DVD's were made available also.
CD's that accompany some are helpful, but well done DVD's are the real ticket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cheat book for bass!, April 30, 2008
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
While tab books for guitar abound, there has been a more limited selection for bass players. Thankfully, this situation is changing thanks to books like this one. This book and the III & IV book have been a great help to me in learning John Paul Jones' bass lines for many favorite songs. If you need this kind of help for other rock groups, check out the "Bass - As Recorded" series from Hal Leonard music publishing. Worth every penny, the transcriptions are darn close and can save many hours of listening time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate, June 8, 2009
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
A very accurate writing of Mr. Jones playing, which I'm sure wasn't an easy task. I would suggest bassist to read the notation and decide on their own fingering thought, as the tabbing is often needlessly difficult, for example often suggesting position changes when there doesn't need to be one. looks to me like they wrote the notation, and let the notation software decide on finger position, which is often disastrous.

The book also write the chord chart on top, nice to analyze how Mr. Jones decided to play out each chord. There are neat ideas in there that can be applied to your own composition, or used to bring color into jam sessions. So, there's more in there than straight cover playing.

My only real grippe is the fact that they did not include Bonzo rhythm track. Frankly, the rhythm section should be thought as one, since often what makes a great bass line is the relationship it bears with the drums, and that's especially true when you have John Paul Jones and John Henry Bonham holding the beat; well, you don't get that in there sadly. If they were really short on space, they should have removed the vocal track instead, which is of limited use for bassist anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job I Bought It For, September 22, 2009
Samuel Taylor (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
I am a relatively inexperienced bass player, but big fan of Zeppelin, and coming from that stand point, this book is fine. Within a few days of purchasing this book, I was jamming out on some of their easier tunes. I appreciate the multitude of intensity levels, from the relatively easy (How Many More Times, Whole Lotta Love, Baby I'm Gonna Leave You) to the more difficult (Lemon Song, Good Times Bad Times). As mentioned before, the font of the tablature is pretty fine (about 8pt) and can get kinda dicey at times of quick reading. Also, I'll agree that a drum track instead of vocals might help accuracy, however the vocals do aid in finding your place in the song quickly. The book did fine for what I needed it to do, and Im about to buy the second book. Good Luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Print seems smaller than other books, November 4, 2007
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
This is a great book and it was clear on the site that it was a bass book. The only negative I have is that the print quality is a bit poor and seems smaller than other books. I can read other music books just fine but this book puts a strain on the eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Led Zeppelin.. Enough said..., August 23, 2013
Miller (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) (Paperback)
Music notation w/tab for Led Zeppelin 1 and 2, their best albums. For BASSISTS. Don't give it a low rating if you're a guitarist and don't want bass music. It's five star material, FOR BASSISTS..

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 16, 2014
Great teaching tool.

Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar)
Classic Led Zeppelin I & II (Bass Guitar) by Josquin Des Pres (Paperback - January 1, 1992)
Used & New from: $41.81