Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

73%
27%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 20, 2005
The west coast Wu-Tang? I think so. Living legends is a collective of 9 emcees from the bay area and LA. Last year the dropped their first group album in several years and it was met with only luke warm results. Now a year later they drop a 15 track deep album with all 9 emcees and dubbed it classic because they new what they were making was real. Although the first song is simply titled "Intro" it is so much more than your typical rap album intro skit with an amazing beat and some sick lyrics. This is the formula throughout the album: amazing beats and sick lyrics. All the 9 of the guys drop dope verbal's for ya to devour. A lot of the production is kept in house but they do branch out some with Madlib stopping through and DJ Khalil doing a track. If you dig real beats and some simple man rap then be sure to check this album the first classic album of the 2 double oh 5.
on March 9, 2005
Finally, the first worthwhile Hiphop album of the year! I mean I liked these guys a little already, but I wasn't expecting something of this high of a quality. They really put their heads together, concentrated, and came up with a gem! This album is very "deep" all-around, I couldn't believe it. Definitely better than last year's "Creative Differences," although that album wasn't bad at all. All eight of them truly put their hearts and their souls into this recording.
I can't remember the last time I was so stoked and into a cd like this. Track #7, "Never Falling," really moved me and the album is outstanding from then on out. I've only got through it once so far, but "Wise Is The Way" and "Deepest Breath" also stuck out. The first half of this cd is good too, a little lighter, but starting at track #7 till the end is the featured portion of "Classic." I couldn't believe how they restrained themselves from going off and doing party songs (which they are decent at) on this album! The whole album is incredibly cohesive and fluid. The producing all-around is unique, infectious, and sometimes even jaw-dropping.
Though the Living Legends may possess a pretentious name, and this album's name is pretentious as well, no one will be complaining once they listen! "Classic" is the first must-have Hiphop cd of this year, and will be a contender for the year's best. Go out, buy this cd, and tell your friends about it. HIPHOP IS BACK Y'ALL!
on November 1, 2005
When first listening to this album, I didn't know what to expect I knew a little about L.L. however certainly not as much as many peeps in the HH community. When first spoting the album title my initial reaction was 'man that's a big claim' and thought they might just be setting themselves up for a fall yet when the first beat rolls in on the intro, I'd have to say it's one of the best intro i've heard in a while, I started to get the impression they might just of done it. However as the album progresses the real tone of the album is set which for me is that of a little unpredictability. When these guys get it righ tho,t they get it so right songs like good fun, brand new, tears & pain, even though and after I'm gone, raise the bar. However some songs either mis the mark a little or become forgetable like man who sold the world and deepest breath. All in all tho, the guys have definately got chemistry together and have got me doing my research on a back catalogue, that like this album, I'm sure overall won't disappoint.

****

One.

Pj.
on January 20, 2015
Heard this album when I was 13 and fell in love with hip hop. With production from DJ Khalil and Madlib on tracks like "Never Fallin'" , and "Blast Your Radio" it's hard not to label this album a classic. "The Gathering" followed this album up a few years later, being a short EP, "Classic" was the last full-length album us fans will ever get from The Legends. With that said, it only adds to the title and exclusivity of the album. 5 stars for the album and The Legends.
on March 10, 2005
This album is AMAZING. EVERY track is top notch. Every song has 5-star production and 5-star lyrics. This album is worth EVERY PENNY. Just pop it in, and listen to it straight, from the first song, you will be amazed.

The track produced by Madlib is HOT. As usual, the Legends have their first track featuring every member spitting battle type rhymes. I admit, this first song surpasses "What Would You Do?" from the CD "Almost Famous".

Throughout the CD, every member's verses are strategically placed through out the tracks so that their voices and styles greatly compliment each other or stands out.

I recommend this CD for everyone. If you would like to take a break from commercial rap that's about jibberish, buy this. If you're tired of listening to nerd rap, stuff that makes you say "WTF?" buy this. Its some classic Living Legends material.

The name suits the album very well, indeed a classic.
on March 14, 2005
LL COMES BACK WITH MATERIAL THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND, IN COMPARISION TO A CLASSIC CALLED "ALMOST FAMOUS" THIS ALBUM MEETS THOSE STANDARDS AND WILL MOST LIKELY SURPASS THAT EXCELLENCE! VERY HEARTFELT AND EVENLY DISTRIBUTED WITH ALL LL CREW ON EVERY SONG!!COP THIS ONE, YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED
on March 8, 2005
It's on a different level than 'Almost Famous'. Supposedly all these songs were done during February 2004 when all of the Legends joined together in Maui to record. Truly a "Classic" album!
on February 5, 2009
For the longest time I have not listened to rap but after my friend introduced me to Living Legends, I cannot get enough. Aside from having very good and varied beats, the lyrics actually mean something believe it or not. Standout track for me is Down for Nothing as it perfectly describes someone you surely know in your life to be a slacker, pretender, or along those lines.
Also enjoyable is that you can listen to the entire cd w/o skipping tracks since the songs are all pretty good.
on August 24, 2007
This CD is awesome, every song is dope. All the beats are on-point, and the rhymes are flawless. The Living Legends return with a great album that makes me forget all about the disappointing Creative Differences. It's hard to pick which songs are my favorites because they're all so good. Any Living Legends fan should have this, you won't be disappointed.
on March 8, 2005
Although this new release cannot compare to their best album in my opinion Almost Famous, it is still a pretty tight cd. It has sweet beats, lyrics by the best two mc;s in my opinion Murs and Asop. If you like the albums Almost Famous, and Angelz With Dirty Faces buy this. I also recommend Asop's solo album, Headshots Se7en Mixtape, and Murs Rules the World.