Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 18, 2012
I had previously ordered one of these scarves last winter and was very happy with it. Being thick, well-made, and quite warm, it easily deserved a 5/5 star rating. I liked it so much that I decided to order another (in black) this winter to give as a gift, but the scarf I received this time was not at all like the previous one...

I ordered the newer, lousy scarf in black. It arrived with a large label reading "100% Pashmina".

Pros:

** Price: I paid $13. I listed this as a "pro" since it's cheaper than many scarves you'll find locally, but honestly I felt the price was too high as it's not suitable for cool weather.

** Sizing: The scarf is indeed 72" x 12" as advertised.

** Appearance: Looks as expected. The fabric is noticeably thin even at a distance, but some people might find it useful as a fashion accessory.

Cons:

** Quality: This scarf is incredibly thin, around 0.5mm or less than 2 hundredths of an inch. Holding the scarf up to my eyes I can read this review as I type it. The material looks and feels more like a mesh or fine netting than a woven fabric; I have no doubt that I could tear the scarf using just my hands and a modest effort. The wind easily penetrates the thin material and the lack of air-trapping means this can't keep anything warm.

To sum up: If you receive the same version that I received in November 2012, then you're in for major disappointment. I decided to write this review as a warning that despite very positive ratings, the seller is substituting an inferior scarf for the previously well-received version.
on December 16, 2010
Would be better if there wasn't a huge tag on these that says CASHMERE FEEL

like a huge advertisement that says.. HEY IM CHEAP LOOK AT ME, I CANT AFFORD A REAL $50 SCARF

But yeah, they are actually nice, I'm just going to cut the stupid labels off with a destitcher
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
I'm allergic to wool. This scarf is 100% acrylic but soft as cashmere, as stated. It looks and feels luxurious.
Great length - wraps a couple of times around my neck with enough left over to hang nicely in front. I'm going to buy a few more so I'll always have one (in case I can't find the same one again later on).
on March 28, 2011
After a lifetime of wearing itchy wool gift scarves, it finally occurred to me to purchase something more comfortable all by myself. This is exactly as advertised, very comfortable to wear. I also got a few compliments on it -- the color I chose, (camel) is quite striking and flattering. The price is a bargain!
on October 16, 2012
I lost my scarf from last Winter and needed a replacement. I had bought the previous one cheaply at the local big box store and figured I could get something similar from Amazon for about the same price. So after searching for Winter scarves and finding both the reviews as well as the price agreeable I purchased this one.

The Good: Seems to be well-made, and was well packaged.

The Bad: VERY thin. I couldn't believe this was anything but a fashion scarf when I took it out of the packaging; I have summer tee-shirts that are thicker. You can easily see through the scarf when held up to the light, it might be a decent blindfold if folded in half. Maybe.

Honestly if they did not claim this was a Winter scarf and marketed it as a fashion scarf then I wouldn't have given it such low marks. The fact that they are fobbing off something to people who are deliberately looking for the opposite is despicable. I didn't give it one star because it is at least put together well even if it is useless.
on July 31, 2011
I bought a couple of these scarves: a gray and an "Off White" one. Nice scarves, great price. More than adequate lenght, warm, soft and look fancy. Additionally, my items were delivered much before the deadline. Really recommend both, this product and the seller :-)
on December 7, 2012
Premium acrylic (Seller TrendsBlue guarantees the product is 100% acrylic not pashmina)
...uh, its pashmina.
And there's a huge sticker that says 100% pashmina.
And the quality of the workmanship is awful.
on November 30, 2011
I absolutely adored this scarf! It is extremely soft and warm. The shipping was fantastic; very fast. I received it a day before its delivery estimate. Other reviewers wrote that it was stiff and the tag on it made it appear cheap. The tag is removable as someone said, it's just an adhesive that you can peel off immediately.The scarf is a little stiff, but it does not distract from the immense comfort of it! The color is fantastic as well; I got the ivory. The scarf goes with everything and is lightweight enough to wear in warm weather but heavy enough to wear during winter. All in all a great scarf!
on February 3, 2014
Pros - Long and wide, soft, quality, price, look

Cons - Thickness

I read some of these reviews, like the guy who said this is pashmina which is the finest cashmere in the world what a idiot, and with the mixing of good and bad I had to get one and GLAD I did.

This thing is excellent length. Wrap it over your head and throw it around your neck. Thickness is nice, I could not see through it, just barely see some light.

Soft, oh my gosh it is soft. And it looks great. Not just cause it is on me but it is just a really nice looking.

The price for what you get is excellent. Want more go to another site and spend $60 just a little more. I looked at a few outdoor type sites and to spend 6X more for something shorter and narrower that would never flip around the neck or over the head and around your neck was not up my alley.

Being in the South you can not find scarfs at all. We just did the winter freeze of 2013 and the January 2014 freeze. For a week we were less than 40F and two days we were a high of 33F & 34F. I froze.

Would I suggest this for the frozen north? NO but for the south with mid 40's low 50's for 3 months of the year, Or just to accessorize on cool evenings this is great. I wore it around the house and in 70F I did not get overly hot. But when riding my Harley Davidson, in low 50's, with this wrapped around my neck it did a good job of keeping me comfortable.

If I needed another one this is what I am gonna buy.

2/13/14 Addendum

After wearing this thru the 2 polar vortexes of 2014 Jan and Feb I have to say this thing is better than expected. It did a great job of, while wrapped around my neck, keeping the cold air at bay.

It was actually way warmer than I gave it credit for. And I have gotten lots of complements about it.
on April 25, 2013
I bought these based on the good reviews, but now I'm disappointed with the three scarves I purchased. Apparently what I got is not what most reviews were based on. The material is very soft and has a nice sheen, but is it is extremely thin, so it's hardly useful for providing extra warmth under your coat. The material easily snags, and I'm constantly pulling threads back into place. If you only need a scarf as fashion accessory it is probably fine for that, but just be very gentle with it. Otherwise, I do not recommend buying these.

See 1 answered question