Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Classic Vs Artisan Hi can anybody tell me what is the difference between the classic model and the the Artisan model and which is better model ??? Thanks

cthara
asked by cthara on November 23, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 33 answers
A
The Artisan model has a larger mixing bowl (5qt) with a handle on it, and a larger motor 350watts. Easier to use than the Classic due to the ergonomics of the bowl, less motor strain when mixing heavy doughs or large batches.
James Woodard answered on April 16, 2011
Comments (2) | 42 of 42 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
David Deihl answered on December 28, 2009
Comment | 45 of 46 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
DW answered on January 9, 2014
Comment (1) | 38 of 39 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mosfet50 answered on January 8, 2008
Comment (1) | 81 of 94 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Jason Jones answered on December 21, 2007
Comment | 77 of 91 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a Classic Plus model, 275 watts. I was doing a little research, I think the main differance is the motor, the bowl, and the color options. I haven't used an Artisan personaly but I have bought a 5 quart bowl with the handle that comes with the Artisan and use it in my Classic Plus. It works just fine. My wife makes big batches of cutout cookies every year and it boggs down a bit with that kind of load, but that things a tank, it just takes it and asks for more!
Parker answered on November 20, 2011
Comment | 17 of 17 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Classic has a 250 watt motor while the Artisan has a 325 watt motor. That is the biggest difference.
drycreek answered on November 26, 2007
Comment | 21 of 25 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Don't buy either, IMHO. I wanted one for years and finally bought an Artisan, though I only use them for family dinners.

On its 5th or 6th use, it dumped grease oil in the food. Just sitting, it started dripping oil, and the gears started sounding distressed.

KitchenAid support said this is normal. They said I should run the mixer every couple weeks. On average, over 3 calls to customer support, they indicated it was normal for the gear grease to separate and drip into food.
Michael A. Perry answered on February 6, 2012
Comments (3) | 42 of 55 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Joanne answered on April 25, 2012
Comment | 15 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
D. C. Haraway answered on November 24, 2013
Comments (2) | 8 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product