4.0 out of 5 stars High Energy Symphonies
If you want some Classical music to sleep to, don't buy this CD. If you want some high energy symphonies, however, I highly recommend it. From Bach to Vivaldi, the pure energy of this CD will give you a new understanding of the joys of Classical music. Just don't listen to Track 25, because I have no idea why John Philip Sousa is included with Tchaichovsky.
Published on August 2, 2005 by J. Hollopeter

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to listen through
The songs and artists are selected without much attention to the way the CD sounds when listened through. Very disconnected.
Published 13 months ago by Sarah Elizabeth Zoutendam

4.0 out of 5 stars High Energy Symphonies, August 2, 2005
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless masterpieces for an affordable price., June 3, 2000
Roberto Lopes (Sao Paulo, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
If this record costed ten times more it would have still a small price.
The selection is excellent. In my opinion, the record has some of the most remarkable works of art ever created.
Some of my preferred are Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and Symphony in D, Tchaikovsky's Russian Dance, Vivaldi's The Four Seasons and Violin Concerto No. 1 and Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3.
It was a pleasant surprise to see a so good record costing so little.

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 Famous Classics, August 16, 2000
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
The 25 selections are all well performed and are popular classical compositions. Mozart's music, Tchaikovsky ballet music, including the beautiful finale to Sleeping Beauty "the Panorama" scene. The music of J.S. Bach, his 1st violin concerto and Rachmaninoff's piano classic Rhapsody on a theme by Paganini. These are a great collection of music for a beginner or a fan of classical music. I recommend it highly. I am a fan of Mozart, Grieg, Mendelsshon, Wagner and Tchaikovsky. Grieg and Wagner are not to be found here. That would usually be under the Romantic Era composers. There are many cd's under that category. The Cd is "Classical" favorites so the emphasis is not so much on emotions. The emphasis is on instrumentation and orchestration. These are all very exceptional and I garauntee satisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised! :), October 29, 2005
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
I'm not much of a classical music buff, but I realized not too long ago that I do like many of the "popular" classical music tracks. Since then I have been on the lookout for a collection of "famous" classical music tracks that would appeal to the layman (so as to develop my interest in classical music further, and also to familiarize myself with some of the more famous classical tunes). Saw this CD on sale and bought it on a whim, and I havent been disappointed. The collection is indeed very nice, and my only gripe is that there isnt a single Beethoven track!! (and I wonder why non of the other user reviews mention this).

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous collection, August 12, 2001
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
Mozart, Brahms, Chopin . . . need I say more? This offers a great introduction to anyone who has not yet given classical music a try. And, if you absolutely love classical pieces, then you won't regret purchasing a cd that includes varying composers and well-known pieces.

4.0 out of 5 stars for $5 its a steal, March 13, 2008
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
This turned out to be the right pace and type of classical music that I was looking for. (I like and appreciate classical music but can't stand, nor understand, a lonesome violin screeching away for 55 minutes).
I think this set is a great gift and/or as an introduction to classical music especially to younger audiences.
As for the sound quality - it sounds like...well..a regular "Digital Audio" CD. Nothing to write home about. Its not the audiophool quality recording you might be looking for. Some tracks are recorded better than others. But if you think MP3 sounds freakin' awesome, don't worry about what I said about sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the classics - timeless, February 4, 2002
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
The Cd is "Classical" favorites so the emphasis is not so much on emotions but rather on instrumentation and orchestration. These are all very exceptional and I guarantee satisfaction. Anyways, I am not a classical listener as far as radio stations go but my musical tastes vary dramatically. I found this album to be a phenomenal bang for the buck as I can, on occasion, listen to the classics of which I have heard and thoroughly enjoy listening to. This album has it all.......Mozart, Brahms, Chopin, Bach, Pagony, Tchaikovsky, etc.
I really like listening to this CD........
Musical tastes vary dramatically which, if you think about it, is kind of ironic given that a CD is anywhere from 60-90 minutes and a book may take 3-5 hours to read but, for some reason, people tend to be socially grouped more by music than books. Just something to think about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, February 15, 2007
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
It is an excellent collection of classical music. I would recommend this CD if you have a friend who don't like classical music, since it has the most beautiful overtures and portions of famous artists. If you are a Classic Music Savvy you probably will not be impressed by it, unless you want to play the CD as background music in a friends gathering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality music, February 19, 2004
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
I had purchased an abundance of the "Favorites" collection, and some were better than others.
***This one stood out from many of them.***
Only flaw:
I was kind of perturbed when some same tracks on this CD were on another CD, and visa versa.
Excellent price for this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE VERY BEST OF THE BEST, August 18, 2006
This review is from: 25 Classical Favorites (Audio CD)
This is indeed a very awesome cd for me, because i would not have known which artist to buy, this way you get a variety of them. this cd is great for beginners such as I am.

Thanks!

25 Classical Favorites
25 Classical Favorites by Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky (Audio CD - 1996)
Rate and Discover Movies