From the Back Cover
Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers, 8/e
Evertson /Emmer (0205578624)
Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers, Eighth Edition, gives teachers the information and skills they need to establish management systems in today's rich, multicultural classroom, based on the authors' 30 years of research and experience in more than 500 classrooms.
- Introductory section providing a brief account of the authors’ and others’ classroom research studies supporting the book’s management recommendations for new teachers.
- Chapters 1-3 contain updated questions, activities, and current references that help new teachers consider their management decisions and integrate them with their own philosophies of teaching and learning.
- Chapter 4 includes expanded coverage of parental involvement, including examples of home-school communication, new references, and example letters.
- Chapter 9 has expanded coverage on bullying, power struggles, defiance, and school violence that teachers often face. Includes new strategies for use.
- Chapter 10, “Managing Special Groups,” has updated-coverage of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) with new web sites and references addressing how to include special needs and diverse populations in the classroom.
- Updated references including numerous chapters from the new Handbook of Classroom Management (Evertson/Weinstein, 2006).
- Provides more than 30 web sites with new interactive problem-solving activities and practical suggestions from practicing teachers.
What your colleagues are saying:
“I consider this book to be the definitive text for beginning teachers who often struggle with the challenging task of learning to manage classrooms.”
- Laura M. Stough, Texas A & M University
“I love this textbook — I have been using it (or an edition thereof) since graduate school and think it is one of the most well-organized, practical books a new teacher can read.
- Melissa Marks, University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.