Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 29, 2008
This is one of the most helpful texts that I have purchased in the past year. It is easy to read and gives lots of examples as well as many points to ponder. HOWEVER, (if it matters to you)- make sure that you do not get the BOOK ALONE version. There is an online component that you need an access code to, which doesn't come with the book unless you buy the other version (I believe it said "with myeducationlab" in the item description). As a matter of fact, it's cheaper that way by about $8.00 believe it or not. I had to buy access separately because I waited too long to return the one that I bought which was book alone. I guess you have to live and learn... I hope someone benefits from my mistake!
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2000
Specific suggestions and tips help teachers solve common organization and management problems *Case studies at the elementary level provide teachers with realistic expectations of what they will encounter in the classroom and how to deal with a wide range of different situations. *Case studies give teachers real-world examples on managing cooperative learning, literature-based and whole-language learning, and inclusion classroons. *The authors have increased the coverage of diversity in student populations and have added new suggestions for working with special needs students.
0Comment34 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2006
Having purchased many types of teaching resources over the last few years, I have finally found one more helpful than all the others combined. Evertson not only outlines the procedures in an easy to read manner, but she also gives excellent examples of her theories in practice. I was expecting a book that strictly dealt with keeping order in the classroom, but what I received was so much more. This book describes ways to teach that will ensure that classrooms run smoothly and more importantly the students learn. I only hope that other new teachers find this text at the beginning of their careers as the advice contained is invaluable. If your budget or time schedule only allows for one book, definitely buy this one!
on November 19, 2006
"Classroom Management..." is THE book for those who are looking for the proverbial Teacher's Manual. Apart from covering all the basics in a lot of detail, it offers checklists and (so-called) case studies. The downside of this is that the book starts out a bit dry and too straightforward, with instructions so clear-cut you would think they are for operating some sort of machinery. The "case-studies" are examples rather than studies, so the objection here lies with the misnomer. These are clearly minor drawbacks to a great book that only gets better as you read on. With a fabulous Further Reading section after every chapter, and delectable cartoons sprinkled throughout the book, it is an essential text for every teacher's personal library.
on May 18, 2012
I got exactly what I paid for. Sure the book is damaged (as was stated in product description) but it's completely readable. The shipping was prompt and I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be buying more of my textbooks here. As long as I can read them I don't care what they look like. I just paid 16 bucks for an 80dollar book. For. The. Win.
on December 25, 2012
This book is packed with all sorts of ideas for managing a classroom. The chapters are short and easy to read. The various subjects are clearly marked and easy to follow. Not to bad for a textbook.
on January 4, 2008
Very good reference on how to handle an elementary classroom. Children's environment and temperament were considered. Sample lay-outs included.
on October 2, 2013
I loved my purchase. much better than I expected. There were minimal flaws Just what you would expect from some one who would carefully use their book I would not hesitate to purchase again.
on August 31, 2013
I purchased this book for one of my college courses and so far the material is great! It's written in an easy to understand manner and it's full of very helpful info.
on July 21, 2012
It looks new! I like it---classroom manaagenmet for elementary teachers. It's practical with many cases in it.And there're also checklist in each chapter.