Classroom Management for Middle and High School Teachers, 8/e
Classroom Management for Middle and High School Teachers, Eighth Edition, gives teachers the information and skills they need to establish management systems in today's rich, multicultural classroom, based on the authors' many years of research and experience in more than 500 classrooms.
New to this edition:
- Introductory section providing a brief account of the authors’ and others’ classroom research studies supporting the book’s management recommendations for new teachers.
- Chapters 1-3 contain updated questions, activities, and current references that help new teachers consider their management decisions and integrate them with their own philosophies of teaching and learning.
- Chapter 4 includes expanded coverage of parental involvement, including examples of home-school communication, new references, and example letters.
- Chapter 9 has expanded coverage on bullying, power struggles, defiance, and school violence that teachers often face. Includes new strategies for use.
- Chapter 10, “Managing Special Groups,” has updated-coverage of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) with new web sites and references addressing how to include special needs and diverse populations in the classroom.
- Updated references including numerous chapters from the new Handbook of Classroom Management (Evertson/Weinstein, 2006).
- Provides more than 30 web sites with new interactive problem-solving activities and practical suggestions from practicing teachers.
What your colleagues say about this book:
“This is the best that is out there in the market. The authors are obviously familiar with secondary management issues and their knowledge comes through loud and clear.”
-- Gail Gregg, Florida International University
“This is an excellent book for any methods and management education class!”
– Carole D. Errett, Schreiner University