Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Claude the Dog: A Christmas Story
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 30, 2003
This book is one of my all time favorite books. I first read it as a small child while visiting my aunt and I'd seek it out at every visit. As an adult I mentioned the book to my aunt as I wasn't having any luck finding it. She dug it up and sent it to me. Now I give this book to all the children in my life. This book exemplifies the giving spirit of christmas in a touching but simple fashion. Good reading level for young children.
on October 30, 2002
I will definitely rate the book "Claude the Dog" with five stars. It is the best kids book I have ever read. Not only does it teach a lot in this book about certain things, it also is just a great book to read over and over again and it doesn't get old at all. It is the perfect book for any young kid. it is about a dog named Claude who has a little boy as a master and about another real cute dog. Well the other dog doesn't have a master so he has to sit outside and freeze all winter with no friends except for Claude. For Christmas Claude gets a dog toy and a blanket. Claude sees his friend out side all cold, so he goes outside and gives his friend his blanket and his toy because his friend is lonely and doesn't have anything to keep him warm or to play with. His friend felt bad because he was taking all of Claude's Christmas gifts. But Claude said my best gift is sitting back at home. He was referring to the little boy. I think the story teaches kids that it is a very good thing to share with others. And that if you share it is possible for you and the other person to still be happy with what you have. Yes, I would definitely recommend this book to everyone and if you don't have it, you should run out and go buy it! And if the sharing thing wont get you to like it, the cute pictures of the dogs definitely will!
on May 23, 2005
This is the most touching children's book ever written. It still makes me cry every time I read it.

<3 Claude <3
on January 3, 2015
Wish they still published this book. Bought these over 30 years ago and the nieces and nephews wore them out. Had to buy for the great nephews, and had to purchase used. Minor distress, but mom's were very happy to get them for their boys.
on December 9, 2011
I found this book for my daughter's preschool teacher who is using it as part of her december curriculum. She says it is a great way for the kids to "get" the idea of homelessness and that others don't have as much as they do. She uses it for a week and wraps it into several projects: collecting food for a food pantry, baking cookies for the local homeless shelter, and toys for tots donations. It's great for the 3-5 crowd.
on September 29, 2004
I had this book when I was a little girl and loved it! I have been looking for it for a while now so that I could pass it on to my nieces and nephews. I think that it is a great inspirational book and it teaches a great lesson about sharing.
on December 21, 2011
Oh my. One of my very favorite holiday stories for little ones, but every year when I dust this book off at Christmas time, the first few times reading it I get teary eyed! I love this book, and so have my preschool classes throughout the years. It's a heartwarming tale about a dog named Claude who seems to have everything. On Christmas morning Claude shares everything he can with a homeless dog named Bummer who hasn't anything, not even a family who loves him.

I love to see the reaction of the little ones the first time I read them this book. Some of the children too become teary eyed the first time through. But ... Claude the Dog quickly becomes a classroom favorite they ask to hear over and over again because they love to hear and see the compassion and love that's shown throughout the book. It's a great tale of selfless love, but be forwarned, it *might* produce teary eyes and questions the first time or two through.
on May 7, 2012
My mother inlaw had this book in her stack of old books and my son loved it. The book was 30 years old and in bad shape. He loves the book and I was amazed it was still around and got two copies. One for my own home and the other to keep at the inlaws.

My son reads it at least once a week. He just loves this book so if you have a young child give it a shot it is a christmas book but its still a good book to read for the moral of the story. For a 2-4 year old age range of kids.
on October 14, 2014
This has been my favorite book since I was a child. I have searched for it in used bookstores for years because the price was always super high on amazon, so finding it for under $10 was a major victory.
Overall, a very sweet story that reminds us of the importance of giving. As a child, it really resonated with me, and as an adult, I am sharing the story and lesson with my son.
on December 8, 2013
Very warm story and good message for our kids. Gets them thinking about what Christmas should mean. It may bring tears to your eyes, but they will love it.
My 31 year old and 28 year old "kids" still remember this story. I recently bought a copy for my granddaughter.