5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT but much cheaper at grocers
I live in central Georgia, and Claxton fruitcakes have been a Christmas tradition. When my daughter was young, they were always "Jesus' birthday cake," eaten for breakfast on Christmas morning. She is now living in San Jose, CA, and she called me this morning to ask that I bring one with me when I fly out next week.

Claxton fruitcakes really are GOOD. They...
Published on December 17, 2008 by Susan

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent
My family and I are Claxton fruit cake customers for several years. Because of seasonal-only availability here in the Northeast, this is the first year I have ordered them online. This purchase of the 5-lb. regular recipe was somewhat disappointing. Two of the loaves were satisfactory, two were somewhat dry, and one was extremely dry. I keep them refrigerated for easy...
Published 9 months ago by Johanna Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT but much cheaper at grocers, December 17, 2008
This review is from: Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe (Misc.)

Claxton fruitcakes really are GOOD. They don't have the icky citron pieces... just the good cherries and pineapple bits, along with nuts and a dense, sweet cake. The flavor and texture is a perfect blend. And the best part is, they sell for $3.50 (price updated 2/2014) at the local grocery stores. If you know anyone in the southeast, ask them to mail you a couple of these instead of paying these high online prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fruitcake ever!!!!, February 10, 2010
Love Claxton Fruitcake. Lots of pecans. Firm texture.Fine fruit flavor. I ordered 10 for gifts and now need to order more for me.Really makes you appreciate a good cup of espresso when you combine it with a slice of Claxton. My favorite breakfast menu.

5.0 out of 5 stars Claxton Fruitcake, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe (Misc.)
We discovered this delicious product when we lived in SC in 1960. We have always searched for it when we were in the South. I saw it listed on Amazon and odered a 5-lb box. It is quite fresh and just as delicious as we remembered. Thank you!!!Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular (White) Recipe

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, June 5, 2010
This review is from: Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe (Misc.)
This is my most favorite Fruitcake. Well I did have a homemade one once that was out of this world.
I have been buying Claxton fruitcake for over 35 years and never tire of them. Only problem is that I eat more in one sitting than anyone should. Sometimes one never even makes it from the store to home. As the first reviewer said, it is just the right blend of nuts and cherries and raisins/dates that you could ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Great Fruit Cake, August 4, 2011
The 10 lb size is a good deal at $5 and change per lb it is cheaper than the Claxton company site.

5.0 out of 5 stars claxton fruit cake, February 25, 2014
This review is from: Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe (Misc.)
this my favorite fruit cake delivery was fast quality was excellent price was the most reasonable I have found this wiil be source to order from next year

5.0 out of 5 stars Fruit Cake, April 23, 2012
This review is from: Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe (Misc.)
These have been around since I was a boy. Made in Claxton, Georgia. Still the greatest fruit cake make. And it's good year round.

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy, December 12, 2011
Kay (Pennsylvania, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe (Misc.)
Claxton fruitcake is moist, fruity, not too spicy, in short, the very best fruitcake I've ever eaten! My husband likes the dark best, but I love both the dark and regular versions!

5.0 out of 5 stars More like an energy bar - not like any other fruitcake, July 23, 2011
Altmed (California United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
If you've received that mostly cake-like substance that is passed off for "fruitcake" & are totally convinced you don't like fruitcake at all, then you've clearly never had Claxton fruitcake.

I would likely never have tried this, except my brothers sold this as a fund-raiser when we were kids.

This is more like compressed dried fruit with a tiny bit of cake here & there to hold it together.

If you like sweet dried fruit w/ pecans, you'll likely love this stuff!

Our family has had this stuff for roughly 40 years & we still love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars FRUITCAKE, November 25, 2007
awritervaate (Puget Sound, WA.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe (Misc.)
THIS IS THE BEST, SIZE, PRICE AND CONTENT. I'LL REORDER MORE. THANK YOU.

Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular Recipe