Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 10, 2010
Love Claxton Fruitcake. Lots of pecans. Firm texture.Fine fruit flavor. I ordered 10 for gifts and now need to order more for me.Really makes you appreciate a good cup of espresso when you combine it with a slice of Claxton. My favorite breakfast menu.
on December 9, 2015
I fully believe that if more people ate GOOD fruit cake that there would be a lot less criticism of it. You all know the face you get when you ask someone if they want fruit cake. Good fruit cake, to me, should be moist and tasty. To get it moist, it has to be soaked (slowly over a couple of weeks) in the medium of your choosing. I prefer amaretto, but I've seen recipes that use plain old orange juice (for those that don't want the alcohol).

The Claxton Fruitcake is a good first step. you don't have to make it yourself, just unwrap each 1-lb slab, wrap it in cheese cloth, and place in a large pan. Pour in a bottle of amaretto and turn them a couple times to get the cakes fully coated. Then, set aside in a refrigerator. Next day, turn them over. Repeat turning over for the next few days, then let them sit in the liquid for a week and turn again. Let sit another week and they will be wonderfully moist and delicious.

Amaze your family and friends when you finally get them to try a taste.
on February 19, 2015
I do not recommend this. I love a good fruitcake. Sorry, this isn't one. (2015) I sliced into this half an hour ago & shuttered at the green things that might be "candied fruit", though this is not listed in the ingredients. There are cherries & almonds that have no cherry or almond taste but do "taste" like the greennies. The pecans I have not found yet, and the walnuts are hidden too, and so it goes. It was somewhat dryish and crumbled under the knife, though expectedly sticky it still didn't hold together. My nine-yr-old liked it, but the older three of us didn't. "Famous for quality" doesn't say what quality. Being Ford tough when compared to itself doesn't say anything either. 100% of a minimum daily requirement is still just the minimum. The proof really is in the taste, and I give it a 1.
on February 23, 2012
We discovered this delicious product when we lived in SC in 1960. We have always searched for it when we were in the South. I saw it listed on Amazon and odered a 5-lb box. It is quite fresh and just as delicious as we remembered. Thank you!!!Claxton Fruitcake Five Pound Regular (White) Recipe
on December 17, 2008
I live in central Georgia, and Claxton fruitcakes have been a Christmas tradition. When my daughter was young, they were always "Jesus' birthday cake," eaten for breakfast on Christmas morning. She is now living in San Jose, CA, and she called me this morning to ask that I bring one with me when I fly out next week.

Claxton fruitcakes really are GOOD. They don't have the icky citron pieces... just the good cherries and pineapple bits, along with nuts and a dense, sweet cake. The flavor and texture is a perfect blend. And the best part is, they sell for $3.50 (price updated 2/2014) at the local grocery stores. If you know anyone in the southeast, ask them to mail you a couple of these instead of paying these high online prices.
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2015
I have bought this three times and I have to say, it's SOOOO good.

Bad fruitcake is bad, right? Life's just too short to screw with bad fruitcake. The fellas making this stuff know what they are about. This is RICH cake batter with a buttery sweet taste. The nuts are fresh and the fruit is sweet and hearty. None of that bitter taste you can get in lesser quality.

This is a delectable treat I have been buying for my father and I.... a great tradition.
on January 5, 2016
While at lunch with some friends someone mentioned fruitcakes and I said that the Benson cakes were delicious another friend said she loved the Claxton cakes so I said that I'd Google them. Well happily I found that Benson is now Claxton and was available through Amazon. The cakes were just as delicious as we remembered, made great Christmas treats and were delivered as promised. Very satisfied.
on February 5, 2016
Always a favorite not just at Christmas. We freeze these and defrost as wanted. One stale batch was reported and they replaced it immediately. Reliable and have a lot of new products that look tempting to try, but oh the calories. A small slice with some good coffee and it's a nice afternoon treat or snack.
on September 3, 2015
I have bought way to much of this stuff over a long period of time. Must be 15 pounds or there
abouts. I am a diabetic and tired a long time ago got of those bars when I need a little sugar. Of course I can only have a small slice (restraint a necessity here) but what a pickerupper.
My heart bleeds for those onesy and twosy stars and I feel sad for the threesys and foursys.
on November 27, 2015
always a favorite around here and hard to come by unless you have a Sam's card. Came in a heavy box, very secure and in good condition. Price is a bit high but in comparison to other online fruitcakes or ordering directly from Claxton, is reasonable. These are always better when chilled in refrigerator before slicing!