5.0 out of 5 stars These things are magic and they are *not* sponges
I learned about these from the supervisor of a moving company when he stopped by to remove some scuff marks he crew left on my walls. The walls were newly painted and I thought he was going to have to repaint some of the because of the damage. Boy, was I wrong. He wipped out his Magic Eraser and in a few minutes the walls looked as good as new!

These things...
Published on February 17, 2010 by Bob Tobias

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but wasn't sent what was pictured above.
Published on July 28, 2012 by Jamie

5.0 out of 5 stars These things are magic and they are *not* sponges, February 17, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Clean EXTRA POWER Magic Eraser - 10 Count (Health and Beauty)

These things plus a little water can do wonders for removing scuff marks, pencil marks, and all manner of blemishes from walls and woodwork. However, you should consider them consumable, just as you would with soap or detergent when used to clean the same things. (However, soap and detergent will probably not be anywhere near as effective.)

So, if you plan on scrubbing pans or bathtubs then use a sponge. If you want to remove marks from places where detergents, soaps, and other chemicals are ineffective then this may be your answer.

BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews can take the place of first-hand experiences that are lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've received from other reviewers and work hard to return the favor as best as I can. I hope you found this review helpful and if there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these things., September 22, 2009
These aren't all-purpose sponges for mopping up messes, these are for serious scrubbing when nothing else will work. As such, they won't last long, but they'll do the job and that's what I buy them for.

These sponges are made from melamine foam, a soundproofing material that just happens to have the extraordinary ability to clean up tough jobs like baked on oil (you know what I'm talking about, that brown film that looks like burnt sugar? The stuff that withstands virtually every other kind of abrasive?) black heel marks, and big, grimy marks on your walls. Don't waste these scrubbing pots unless everything else has failed because they are your final defense against dirt. If these things don't clean up the mess, you'll probably need a flamethrower. How does it work? Well from what I've read, melamine foam is a kind of resin which is, on a microscopic level, extremely rough and abrasive. But on a real-person level it feels kind of soft and squishy. Yes it does get used up fast which is why I say not to waste it on things that can be cleaned in other ways. And don't put too much pressure on the sponge; let it do the work, not your muscles. You'll both last longer. It also stains quite easily but it doesn't transfer those stains to other surfaces.

Can you use it on ceramic cooktops? I have and mine don't look any the worse for wear, but if you're scared to try, then don't. There are plenty of other cleaning agents for cooktops.

Long story short, they're fantastic for stubborn messes, but they do not last a long time like most sponges.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but wasn't sent what was pictured above., July 28, 2012
I love Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. So much so, that I decided to order in bulk and get a 10 pack. What I got was 10 individually packaged "trial - sized" Magic Erasers. What does this mean? Are they smaller than the normal kind? Also, they weren't packaged in a nifty tub like you see in the picture. A little let down by this, just because I feel like you should get what you see in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!, May 19, 2010
my friend recommended this for me because I bought white leather sofa. I have 2 young children and they like to draw. I used this to erase red ink on my white sofa and it worked great, like the red ink was never there to begin with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes cleaning a breeze, May 24, 2011
The Extra Power Mr.Clean sponges are amazing! It's definitely worth the extra pennies to "upgrade" from their original sponge; since they last so much longer. I do all the purchasing for a house cleaning company and these are must haves for our girls! They make cleaning nasty built up soap scum a sinch!! You can really FEEL the sponge working! My only warning is to read the label and make sure you don't use it on certain surfaces. We've also found that they will overtime take the shine of of granite/marble countertops so use with caution. Overall, and excellent time saver and a necessity to your cleaing tool box!

Tiffany

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Invention for cleaning in a Long Long Time, August 23, 2009
deb (Annapolis) - See all my reviews
These clean off ink, crayon, almost anything from walls, countertops, floors, etc. Not meant for dishes or bathtubs or such. Used properly it's a wonderful product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic is a perfect description!, May 26, 2011
Liz L. (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
We use these for a kinds of stuff around the house- kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and even walls.

I love these for walls! We have 3 dogs- 2 Saint Bernards and a Basset Hound. These dogs all slobber, and slobber gets on all kinds of things.. mostly the walls. These erase EVERYTHING on the walls.. dirt, scuffs, mud, dog slobber.. The only part I dislike is that you have to be a little gentle with colored walls, because it also slowly removes the paint if you scrub hard. We mostly use them on white walls, for which they are perfect.

If you haven't used a magic eraser before, they will get rid of all kinds of messes, but as they work they slowly disappear. I've just kind of dealt with that by getting more of them. As someone else mentioned, these are not sponges you will use over and over. Usually it takes one whole eraser to cover all the walls in our 1400 sq ft house. It takes about one to completely clean one bathroom, and about 2 to really clean our kitchen (including our glass stove top).

These extra power ones do not disappear as quickly as the regular ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made in Germany?, November 22, 2010
Elizabeth (United States) - See all my reviews
These Extra Power Magic Erasers are different. I opened the package of ten carefully, and up floated some micro capsule "dust" that is still making me cough. The second observation is that they are made in Germany. The third is that they are doubles, meaning that you have to pull them apart, two at a time. Also, they are thinner and longer than the other magic erasers I have bought in the stores here in the USA. Irony being what it is, I was in the middle of using one to clean up my white leather chair when a commercial came on TV for these Extra Power Magic Erasers. So I guess they are fairly new. The one I used did work well on my white chair. It did not fall apart as quickly as the old ones, and, in fact is still in one piece except for a slight tear and some "pilling" off the sponge.

1.0 out of 5 stars These seem to be intended to be free samples., September 5, 2013
A. Gray (Cape Ann, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
I have returned this purchase since what was depicted on the Amazon site was not at all what I received. Instead of the bucket of Magic Erasers, Prime eligible, I was charged $7.98 Shipping and Handling for "trial size" individually boxed sponges that look to have been intended as free samples. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are exceptionally useful however they have a very limited lifespan. Given the 1/4 size of these compared to the original product they would not last long enough for my purposes. I view this purchase as falsely advertized and am annoyed that more time and more money must be expended to send these back to Amazon.

Buyer Beware.

addendum: Amazon has credited the $7.98 S&H charge back to my account.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. Great, July 5, 2013
I put one of my wide's fancy Pyrex dishes on my BBQ and got it totally smoked. Tried to clean it several times and was not able. Once a while when she needed it, I was in trouble. I by chance used this magic eraser. It became new. Nice.

Mr. Clean EXTRA POWER Magic Eraser - 10 Count