4.0 out of 5 stars Positives and Negatives ....
Published on January 1, 2012 by Susan K. Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars too small
I agree with the other reviewer, this mat is too small (about the size of a hand towel). Although, I have to say, it really does absorb a lot more water than a regular mat. I wish it came in a more practical size.
Published on December 7, 2011 by JF amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Positives and Negatives ...., January 1, 2012
This review is from: Ontel Products CSMAT-MC6 Clean Step Door Mat, As Seen on TV (Sports)
Actually, we love this mat on the whole. We have a larger medium sized dog and 3 little dogs (all under 10 lbs) .. and were going nuts when it started raining and having the wet and/or muddy feet coming in from outdoors when they went outside as we have three little ones living in our home. We live with our daughter and son-in-law and 3 grandchildren in their home and they have white (of all things) floor in the laundry room, eating area, kitchen and hall ... not by choice it came with the house and the carpeting is a light beige. Normally, this is not an issue ... but during the wetter weather in this Pacific NW it had become a real issue as we could see all these paw prints and one of us had to go behind and wipe up each time we let one of the dogs indoors ... THAT WAS NOT CONVENINENT.

I bought this mat, not realizing how small it was (yes, it said the size but I was thinking of the convenience not the size when I purchased it). Now, we have had it a few months and the good news is that it DOES WORK .. the bad news is it is MUCH TOO SMALL. However, there was a Mail-in Offer for both larger rugs and a runner (which is what interested us as we let them out through the garage so there is a perfect little run for them to run through on the way to the laundry room back into the house) ... all very, very reasonably price. I was just so disappointed that I could not purchase any of these on Amazon.com ... but I AM going to place my order for one immediately.

Oh yes, they wash up great and easily... but YOU MUST FOLLOW the directions ... we just keep the directions in a ziploc bag under the mat .. for easy reference so we don't get confused when we need to wash it.

So, yes, I would recommend this great product I would just recommend a larger version of it, unless this particular size works for you ... as the product is great .... if it works for all FOUR of our dogs ... that must be a TRUE TEST! LOL!

3.0 out of 5 stars too small, December 7, 2011
JF amazon (Walla Walla, WA, US) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality, July 10, 2013
It does absorb the dirt BUT it looses the rubber on the back after one wash already. That could ruin the washing-machine. Very disappointed. I will toss it because also the fiber comes off after a while. They could do better. I brought two of these rugs from Europe and the rubber stuff on the back of the rug is much THICKER and it does not lose the fiber at all. I wash these 2 since 10 years now and NOTHING comes off. I was hoping I could replace them with the 2 I just bought here on Amazon but the quality is just very bad. Save your money.
Maybe I should not be so harsh by saying "save your money" because it actually DOES trap water and dirt. (If you have the right size for it. They do come bigger, you just have to search for it. The bigger the better this fiber traps dirt) The fiber they use on this thing actually works. It is one of the best absorbing fibers out there. Unfortunately, this firm or whoever creates it, is SKIMPING out with the material. Like I mentioned before. It does brake the rubber back in the washer (maybe depending on your washer, but that is unacceptable. The once I brought from Europe used MANY different washing-machines and NOTHING happened to them) but if you are unlucky, maybe you have a washing-machine that brakes the rubber back of this mat faster/earlier. Whatever the case, I did not want to leave it by saying "don't buy it at all". The fiber is good for the water even though they skimped out on cluing or installing it correctly onto the back of this mat. (makes me so angry when they take a good product and make it CHEAP) Trust me, the fiber they are using really works. If it does not for you, you might need a bigger mat (or 2 of them)of this kind. I would love to write to the company that produces it and tell them that they REALLY DON'T need to rip off people like this. If they would spend the $2.50 more (that was sarcastic, of course) they actually would have an AMAZING product. If you desperately need something that traps your mud and water, this will do (bigger of course, or 2ea of them) but you just have to deal with the fact that it will lose the back of the rubber after a while (or if you are unlucky, after the first wash) and it will lose this so outstanding fiber. If you don't mind these two things, this mat will do the job for a while and hopefully some other and better firm will come along and is NOT SKIMPING out and give us the product I brought back with me from Europe and what is working with me for 10 years now. (its faded now and that is why I wanted to replace it but it STILL DOES THE JOB AND THAT IS WHAT WE WANT AND DESERVE. Shame on you, whoever is producing this mat. Where is your honor? You actually have something here that does work but you make it NOT WORK by not cluing it correctly onto the rubber and by making the rubber so thin that it comes lose in the washer !!!)))

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!, May 14, 2012
Ordered direct from Clean Step Mat and washed before use as instructed, wash in cold water, dry low heat... backing coming off in several places. Very poor quality! Called for refund and have to pay return shipping to get refund for this DEFECTIVE product!!! Customer Service Rep did not sound surprised when I told her the backing was coming off.

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, February 22, 2012
great item. We bought two of these and as soon as we put them down we noticed a difference. We recommend this, i'm sure you will notice the difference too

4.0 out of 5 stars Go to the commercial laundromat for the large mat., February 22, 2013
I purchased the large size locally. Washed it in my Samsung HE toploader, an expensive one.

It stopped spinning and couldn't get the water out. No matter what my wife did, washer wouldn't drain. This is a very heavy mat when full of water. The mfg should specify washer types.

Removed it by hand, full of water, and placed it in my nearby sink to drain some water. Then put it on a wooden rack to dry.

From now on, I'll only wash it in a commercial washer. I think this could well damage the washer/dryer. Remember, I purchased the large mat.

5.0 out of 5 stars clean step mat, February 5, 2012
I am very pleased with the clean step mat. I have one in my entrance and am amazed at how it keeps my floors so clean..nothing seems to get tracked in anymore!

3.0 out of 5 stars It helps- better than normal floor mats, February 28, 2013
It's not going to be the total answer to no mud/debris tracking into house but it certainly is better than a normal floor mat. You do have to wipe and wipe and wipe as thoroughly as possible instead of the portrayal where just by walking on it with muddy, wet shoes you magically won't track anything past that.

1.0 out of 5 stars The size of a postage stamp!, October 10, 2013
The pictures are very misleading. I can barely stand on this rug by myself. The pic of a kid and a dog on it are ridiculous unless they are miniature or they used a bigger rug in the photo shoot. I don't know if it works or not because it went right back in the box due to its short comings. Do yourself a favor and buy something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind, February 28, 2013
I have 2 dogs, a large Weimaraner and a Beagle. They are each still young and quite feisty as a pair.
They have the luxury of a doggie door leading into a large backyard where they romp around. They have the fun and
I have to keep up with dirty floors! I really like the clean step mat because it collects the mud and sand on the dogs'
feet, prior to them stepping onto the kitchen floor. It surely helps cut down on messy floors as it collects the bulk of the mud and dirt.
I would recommend this product.

ARRAY(0xa58b32b8)