5.0 out of 5 stars Clean Dr. VHS Video Head Cleaner
Published on March 8, 2011 by Wilbur G. Whetzel

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality
The product received was not the same as pictured. The liquid was not contained in the cartridge. The tape would not run at normal (play) speed. I had to fast forward in order to get the tape to move.Don't feel the heads were cleaned properly in this manner. I ran it 5 or 6 times.
Published on October 5, 2012 by rmaes

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean Dr. VHS Video Head Cleaner, March 8, 2011
This review is from: CleanDr 60128 00 VHS Video Head Cleaning Kit (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I have several VCR's and they all are very old never cleaned them, but started to see not so clear pictures when I would play back recorded programs so did some research on line and found that the problem could be that the heads needed cleaning so I figured that what do I have to loose cause I was just going to disgard of the units beings I also have the new CD recorders and players. I ordered this Clean Dr. and cleaned all three of my VCR's and now they work like new I am getting alot better play back pictures. Yes I would recommend this product and also Amazon for having for the best price. :>)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality, October 5, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed to clean my VHS system!, July 11, 2010
We have a TV with a VHS and a DVD system. The VHS is for our library of old videos. This product was just what was needed to clean the heads on the VHS

1.0 out of 5 stars useless, dangerous, February 6, 2011
I followed the intrsuctions of the manufacturer. After pushing START there was a short noise and then my VCR shut itself off. Now I can't get the cassete out of the VCR, it is just stuck there. Don't buy it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured! I received a dry only head cleaner, March 8, 2014
The description and picture of the product on Amazon clearly showed a wet/dry head cleaner (solution vial stored in a compartment in the cassette; a small port where you add drops of the solution). I received a dry-only head cleaner: no solution/compartment; no place to add solution. (I know how these work...I've had several in the past...yeah, I'm old...:-)

Searching for the manufacturer's product number (6012800) and the UPC code on the box I received, it appears the manufacturer produces both wet/dry and dry-only head cleaners USING THE SAME PART NUMBER. (!?) With a manufacturer like that, I suspect nobody knows what you are likely to get.

As a dry head cleaner,it worked as expected.

Disappointed with my purchase as it isn't what I wanted, and I could have saved some money if I wanted a dry-only head cleaner.

1.0 out of 5 stars hard to use, September 18, 2013
maplelef (San Angelo, TExas United States) - See all my reviews
The directions are unclear as to WHERE you are to put three or four drops of the cleaning solution, there is not a clear access point, I used it twice each time after use the next tape in brought up the message "HEADS NEED CLEANING", buy the $5.00 dry head cleaner it worked perfectly this one is a dud

5.0 out of 5 stars This worked Great!, July 14, 2013
My VCR was playing but every movie we tried, the picture was terrible. All I needed was the Head Cleaner and now every movie is crystal clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, so far!, October 5, 2012
I'm completely satisfied with this liquid and cassette VCR head cleaning product. It has removed all the snow from the pictures when I play my video cassettes. It has also cleaned up the 'tracking' problems that I was having before. RECOMMENDED.

1.0 out of 5 stars DESCRIPTION INCORRECT, NOT WET BUT DRY, February 27, 2014
This is a misrepresentation if you want a WET head cleaning system. The picture still shows (as of the date this review is written) a tape cleaner with a bottle of fluid and in the description it states "Easy cleaning process - just add drops of fluid where indicated, insert into VHS device..." I needed a wet cleaning tape to gently clean the heads on my two VCRs that are over ten years old. So I ordered two based on the picture and the description. I was shipped two DRY tapes which I received yesterday. I cannot use them and did the procedure to return to Amazon. Turns out this product is not eligible for free return. I had to pay for the return postage myself today. I am hoping Amazon gives me a credit for my postage since I did not receive the items I thought I was ordering. Do not trust that you will be one of the lucky ones to get a wet tape cleaner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product, February 11, 2014
As soon as I received it, I immediately packaged it to return it back. The tape was not the same as pictured and seemed as a cheap product (made in China). Waited so long for nothing. Will not recommend it.