Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 24, 2012
First off, I haven't read any of the other Templar Chronicles books before this, I've only started with this short story, so I don't know the connections or anything, but it helped me ground Cade Williams for me and prepare for who I will read he will be before I get into The Heretic. Storywise, it's straightforward as an action-thriller with a nice dose of intrigue and supernatural mystery, including a new view of vampires I never thought of. Essentially put, now that I read this, I'm hoping I'm prepared for the mysteries and adventures of the Templars henceforth.
on July 24, 2011
I enjoyed this story and I have read the other three in this series. If you have also read them, this follows similar plot lines and it is worth it to drop a buck on it. If you have not read the series, but like the premise, pick it up. If you enjoy the writing style, you can pick up the other three books really cheaply individually or the bound set. If it was not your cup of tea, you will not have a lot of time invested.

I'l say it one more time, it is a short story. It seems one of the most common low rating causes is a low pages per $$ ratio. I like the story. If the thought of holy warriors operating in the modern world battling the forces of evil with a combat shotgun and long sword tickles your fancy, pick it up and enjoy it. You're in for a Hell (couldn't resist the pun) of a ride and have three more novels to look forward to

Art
on June 8, 2012
This is one of those series that when you finish the book, it makes you a little sad, especially if you're waiting for the next one. Not only is Cade Williams a rogue Templar, he fights MONSTERS!

Need I say more?
on October 13, 2013
I fell in love! He doesn't play by their rules - he has his own. I have not read anything by this author, but this book was offered for free through Amazon, so I thought I'd try it. Great action and fantastic lines! Can't wait to read more!
on July 30, 2013
I loved this authors other stories in this series. This one I just could not really get into. It made me sad. I want to really like this book. I switched to ther books and came back thinking maybe my mood was off No.... I just am not able to get into this one. It just did ot grab or keep me.
on January 30, 2013
I thought it was going to be another great Templar novel but it barely scratched the surface of a new novel. Ridiculously short and not worth the time
on January 9, 2013
Thought I was getting the whole story and just got a short story but it was free so I'm not complaining.
on January 4, 2013
I'm sure that the story line, characters, and plot are positives for many. For me, I just couldn't get into the story, the characters, or the "universe" the author was attempting to build...