5.0 out of 5 stars NO ODOR cat litter.
The Silica Crystals is great for cat litter. They absorb a vast quantity of liquids.

Published on April 5, 2008 by E. Christina Dabis

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, bad price with shipping
Works well, but I hadn't taken the shipping cost into account well enough - this is no cost savings (and no better of a product) over name brands at your local grocery, once you account for shipping.
Published on May 31, 2007 by Chezna Warner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars NO ODOR cat litter., April 5, 2008
This review is from: Clear Choice Silica Crystals Cat Litter Pail, 12-Pound (Misc.)

We have four cats and we change the litter weekly. For one cat, a tray of litter would probably last a month. There is NO URINE ODOR!!! It also absorbs feces odor IF the feces is covered with the silica crystals which most cats do. The Silica Crystals are flushable in SMALL quantities.

What's best about this brand? It was the cheapest, but now there's another one in a 27-pound bucket (the poor UPS delivery people).

What's the cheapest brand? Tidy Cats Scoop Crystals Blend for Multiple Cats. It is sold through Amazon by PetFoodDirect.

I strongly suggest that you order the product THROUGH AMAZON because if you order it directly from PetFoodDirect they will spam your e-mail address incessantly! In order to make them stop spamming us, we cancelled our account with them. Their prices are great, their spamming practices are not only a violation of state and federal laws, they are unacceptable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 15, 2005
Luminus (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I've been using this stuff for over a year now and there is nothing wrong with it, if used properly.

If you want to keep the litterbox area odorless, AND I DO MEAN ODORLESS, you can use half of this bucket for two weeks at a time.

DO NOT use keep litter in for more than 2 weeks at a time, or it will begin to give off a choking ashy cloud when you scoop it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, bad price with shipping, May 31, 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars Large crystals; expensive shipping, July 19, 2009
Ashok Aiyar (New Orleans, LA United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased Pestell Clear Choice Crystals Cat Litter to use with the ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box. We found the size of the crystals to be too large to work effectively with the ScoopFree. The crystal litter gets pushed to both ends of the litter box. This is not a problem with FreshStep crystals.

The litter is also fairly pricy, especially when shipping is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great absorption, expensive shipping, July 2, 2010
I have tried this and the "Just the Crystals" litter. This one (Pestell) seems to have a higher absorption, however with the shipping it ends up being more expensive. Just another note: Pestell's crystals are too big for the Forever Litter Tray.

1.0 out of 5 stars WORSE litter EVER! I wouldn't waste your money on this crap., December 4, 2009
Sally T (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
So like many of you, I've read all of the reviews about the Pestell Clear Choice Low Track Silica Crystals cat litter before purchasing and made my decision because it got good reviews. I'm using this in conjuction with the Self Scoop Litter Box with the hood attachment which I got as a bday present from my boyfriend (which is working like a charm ever since my cat decided to use it). This litter unfortunately is extremely dusty and it does not trap any type of odor. I only have one cat who has normal bathroom habits, but my apartment smelled like cat crap along with this cloud of dust in the air that's working my asthma to the max! Here's the kicker, it's only been 4 days since my cat has used this!

Every time she digs around in the hooded box; dust gets into the air. You can't see the dust but you just get hit with this sudden inability to take a normal breath and my cat has a dusty smell. To further prove this litter is super dusty, I saw fine dusty particles clinging to the inside of the hood and at the opening to the litter box. So, even though it's been challenging to get my cat to be accustomed to change from using clay litter (finer) to this crappy crystal litter (coarser)- which took about 3 weeks- we had to get rid of this! So we got rid of the Pestell litter and replaced it with the Fresh Step crystal litter that came with the litter box. Luckily, the cat took to it right away because it's a finer crystal so I'm sure her paws are happier too.

We're happier because the Fresh Step crystals are not dusty and the crystals are small enough to pass through the rake and trap odor. It's a win-win finally for cat and us. In the end, the lesson in all of this is, don't get Pestell litter! It's super expensive (~$[...] for the bucket and it doesn't qualify for free shipping), it's a dusty mess, it doesn't trap odors at all, and if you bought this for the scoop free litter box, and it doesn't pass through the rake bc it's too coarse.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crystals are great but please DO NOT FLUSH, November 10, 2009
There is only one "name brand" crystal product currently available and it is in almost every way inferior to the several brands sold here, doesn't really absorb well, and it is just as expensive, including the shipping, even when bought at Malwart. There is somewhat of a problem with the size of some crystals being too big for the scoopers.

I prefer brands that don't come in these ridiculous industrial-weight plastic tubs. You can get Fresh Magic at Amazon in a cardboard box with just a heavy plastic bag holding the crystals.

PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH this stuff (or any other cat litter, for that matter). It cause all kinds of problems with municipal waste water systems - if it gets that far and doesn't mess up your own drains.

1.0 out of 5 stars kitty litter everywhere, September 15, 2010
Kostina (Pittsboro, NC) - See all my reviews
I don't normally purchase this brand of crystal kitty litter, but my usual brand (Just the Crystals) was temporarily out of stock so we decided to give this a try because, you know, kitty's gotta go.

As far as product performance goes, the crystals are much larger than our usual brand and did not work well with the rake in our auto-kitty box. I had to change the crystals more frequently because this brand does not control odor as well and kitty began refusing the box. This brand also produces more dust than our regular brand.

Aside from product performance, the packaging was a nightmare. I came home to discover my front porch covered in kitty litter because the 12-pound pail had come open during shipping. Not only was the pail opened, but it was completely split down the side and across the bottom, which meant most of the litter wasn't even in the pail when I received it and I had to find another container to store the litter in.

Just a bad experience all around. Thankfully, our regular brand is back in stock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Found, December 1, 2009
I did alot of shopping around for crystals for my ScoopFree litter box with the Forever Tray. These crystals are the best value I've found even including local stores. There is no urine oder from my litterbox even when it's time to change the litter (I do remove solids everyday). They are rather large but maybe this helps them last so long. Each pail will fill the litterbox two times. To get around the shipping cost, I buy in bulk (six pails at a time, same shipping fee). Mine have always been delivered in excellent condition - well packed with absolutely no spillage. They last my one indoor cat about 10 days in the summer, alittle less in the winter due to humidity. They really DON'T track. The only reason I didn't give these crystal five stars is due to the high shipping cost. Also, I walk around barefoot in my home. I tend to make a mess when I change them and you do not want to step on these large crystals barefoot. But they don't seem to bother my cat's paws, just buy in bulk:-)Also, do not try to use a small hand vac to clean up these crystals - they gump up the motor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystals rock; this is a better deal than most., June 4, 2009
Although expensive to ship, the pail price for the Pestell Clear Choice crystals still makes it the least expensive bulk crystal litter option on Amazon. Crystals really are better - my cats prefer them. The odor control alone is worth it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›