Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 1, 2015
I've owned 2 devices in the last 7 to 8 years. The service is great. But clear just sent me a letter saying they are discontinuing services on Nov 2 2015. They are handing it over to sprinT. They are cutting usOff. So if I want to continue I have to join sprint clear won't exist. This suck s balls!! I love clear. They are abandoning us. So there's no point to buying this device soon.
55 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2014
I bought this from Clear, not from Amazon, but thought I should write a review after 1,5 years of use, for potential customers.
SPEED: With Clear monthly subscription, and strategical placement, I get <1 megabyte/ sec speeds most of the time (even though I'm not close to any of the closest towers)
DURABILITY: This is one of this gadget's strengths, in my experience. Dropped dozens of times from 3-6 feet heights, briefly exposed to rain so many times, etc . After over a year of such abuse, it's still going strength.
BATTERY LIFE: After 1,5 yrs, I can still get a solid 7-8 hours whenever I leave the house. (For longer trips, you can always carry a portable charger with micro-USB output, and extend this, obviously.
SIZE/WEIGHT: about 1/3 the weight of an Iphone 5, maybe even less, and 1/2 the latters size, approx.
SIGNAL STRENGTH: NOT as good as most traditional modem/router combos, but works fine up to 20-30 feet, depending on the interference of walls/doors etc.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this gadget, provides quite decent speed for browsing, non-HD streaming etc (though not comparable for Cable), sturdy, everything you could ask for pretty much.
on May 27, 2014
I've had clear service for about 3years now and it has been my constant companion ever since. I never leave home without it, like my cell phone. I use it so much I cancelled my home internet service and reduced my cell phone internet service to the most basic plan, I would have cancelled it completely but AT&T won't allow you to when using a smartphone. It's bs, but whatever. I always have my cell on wifi, my ipad and my laptop using super fast 4g speeds. Try finding unlimited internet these days and you can't do it. I can watch all the netflix videos I want and YouTube and don't have to worry about going over my limit. For the price, you really can't beat this.
on June 17, 2015
This product is no longer supported. You can buy the device, but then there is no way to activate or use it since the company was taken over by Sprint.
on April 28, 2015
Have been a Clear subscriber since 2009. Have had This device for 2.5 years! Works great!

BUT!!! SPRINT IS KILLING WiMAX towers by end of 2015!!!

on June 22, 2014
I very much enjoy my Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot. I only wish that Sprint had not bought them out.
on November 11, 2015
Clear stopped service as of Nov. 6, 2015. If you buy this device you will be wasting money.
Check out Karma LTE wireless which operates on the same principle and monthly fee but the initial cost is pretty high.
on November 30, 2015
Loved CLEAR when they were in service. They stopped on 11/6/2015. I went with Boost Mobile which was a mistake. They offered a $50 modem for $10 and I paid $50 for 10 GB a month (which must be used within the month). However, I used up my first 10 GB before the month was up. I paid for another month online but had to call Boost Mobile for a new month to be activated and my internet usage could restart - very bad web site design. I will be be switching to Karma because it has unlimited data usage at a 5 mbps speed limit and an upfront $149 to buy their mobile hotspot. After my experience with Boost the cost of Karma will be a lot cheaper in the long run. At least I will not have to constantly monitor my data usage or call Boost every time I need to have my internet restarted after I make an online payment.
on June 27, 2015
I received ONE email from Clear, about a month ago, saying that Sprint has bought them out and they will no longer be in business. The change over will take place in November. That's fine by me. I was looking around for another portable WiFi hot spot anyway.

Clear was good 2 years ago when I first got the device. Since then the service has progressively become worse and more expensive. I think it became too popular too fast and they couldn't keep up. It's a good thing Sprint snapped them up. They needed the help. However, I'm done. I've already found another hot spot device with a different carrier.
on June 20, 2014
the device works great, it came quickly and connection was all ready set up to go. very easily switched over to my own account only $39 a month for wifi hotspot amazing the best deal anywhere in California US