5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good overall
I bought this from Clear, not from Amazon, but thought I should write a review after 1,5 years of use, for potential customers.
SPEED: With Clear monthly subscription, and strategical placement, I get <1 megabyte/ sec speeds most of the time (even though I'm not close to any of the closest towers)
DURABILITY: This is one of this gadget's strengths, in my...
Published 7 months ago by Nuri K

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from this vendor they ship an inferior device.
Do not buy this product.

I have a clear account. I have an older model clear spot device that looks the same as the voyager. I called clear tech support and they said I should upgrade to the voyager with the part number shown in this ad.

Published 3 months ago by Brit

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good overall, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
DURABILITY: This is one of this gadget's strengths, in my experience. Dropped dozens of times from 3-6 feet heights, briefly exposed to rain so many times, etc . After over a year of such abuse, it's still going strength.
BATTERY LIFE: After 1,5 yrs, I can still get a solid 7-8 hours whenever I leave the house. (For longer trips, you can always carry a portable charger with micro-USB output, and extend this, obviously.
SIZE/WEIGHT: about 1/3 the weight of an Iphone 5, maybe even less, and 1/2 the latters size, approx.
SIGNAL STRENGTH: NOT as good as most traditional modem/router combos, but works fine up to 20-30 feet, depending on the interference of walls/doors etc.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this gadget, provides quite decent speed for browsing, non-HD streaming etc (though not comparable for Cable), sturdy, everything you could ask for pretty much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats UNLIMITED 4G and PORTABLE!!, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
I've had clear service for about 3years now and it has been my constant companion ever since. I never leave home without it, like my cell phone. I use it so much I cancelled my home internet service and reduced my cell phone internet service to the most basic plan, I would have cancelled it completely but AT&T won't allow you to when using a smartphone. It's bs, but whatever. I always have my cell on wifi, my ipad and my laptop using super fast 4g speeds. Try finding unlimited internet these days and you can't do it. I can watch all the netflix videos I want and YouTube and don't have to worry about going over my limit. For the price, you really can't beat this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great clear service, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
It absolutely meets my needs. Carry this everywhere I go. I have no interruptions in my service. And I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised, June 22, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
I very much enjoy my Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot. I only wish that Sprint had not bought them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
the device works great, it came quickly and connection was all ready set up to go. very easily switched over to my own account only $39 a month for wifi hotspot amazing the best deal anywhere in California US

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from this vendor they ship an inferior device., September 4, 2014
Do not buy this product.

This company has shipped twice to me. Both times they did NOT ship the voyager with the part number in this ad.

False advertising. Bad on you Amazon for allowing this. Frustrating for me. I am wasting time returning devices that are not the correct part number. If you buy from these guys you get the older model with less reception. These are the words from clear tech support.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Clear device worked fine in NYC, August 25, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
The Clear device worked fine in NYC, but when I went to Hudson NY it did not work. I was under the impression from the reviews that one could use this while traveling.

5.0 out of 5 stars clear hotspot, August 9, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
Wonderful device to have on the go and the signal is very fast. I will definitely recommend this product to other people.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a durable and excellent piece of equipment by Clear, October 10, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
I did not get my Clear spot from Amazon but let me say, this is a durable and excellent piece of equipment by Clear. I will really miss my device, it was stolen with numerous other electronics after wife and I moved to another location in Houston, Tx. It was so dependable. I am really going to miss it, I was hoping to find another one out here but did not want to spend $299 again.... lol I was hoping someone out there had one and was not using theirs and wanted to get rid of it. So this is a plus plus in my book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blinq supplier has good service, Clear Spot voyager not so much, August 28, 2014
This review is from: Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot (Electronics)
I previously wrote that this device has been nothing but trouble. I want to clarify that Blinq, the supplier is NOT the problem. the product was delivered in a timely way. The issue is Clear. This one was replaced by Clear as connection was awful and after trying everything they (Clear) sent me another device and tagged the original device as faulity.. the replacement is even worse if that's possible No more Clear.

Clear Spot Voyager Wireless Hotspot