Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Scent Name: Vanishing|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What is Clearasil's "Ultra" Rapid Action vanishing Treatment Cream? It is a cream containing 10% benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient. The other, inactive ingredients are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Bentonite, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PEG-12, Isopropyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, and Propylparaben.

The product is advertised as showing results in as little as four hours. This is prominently displayed on the front of the box. I view this as marketing more than anything else, for a few reasons:
1. The product claims to use Acceladerm technology, but little information is available on what this "technology" does. It claims to accelerate the active ingredient's work.
2. The product package states "as little" as four hours, which by contrast may mean "as many as x hours."
3. This is a 10% benzoyl peroxide solution, so while it is strong, it is no stronger or faster acting than any other 10% benzoyl peroxide product.

I am not saying it is a bad product, not at all. It is good. But the manufacturer may be taking a few liberties.....such is the marketing world.

When it comes to strong OTC acne medicine, typically you find a cream/gel that contains 10% benzoyl peroxide or 2% salicylic acid. Another typical strength you may see is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Being a 10% benzoyl peroxide product, this cream does work. Carefully applied to a pimple it will go to work and should reduce it, etc. Again, 4 hours seems a little optimistic.

I noticed that, when applied as directed, it did minimize a significant pimple within a day or so. Also, for a smaller pimple, it will noticeably diminish it in a few hours. Vanish? No, but it will greatly minimize it. As with other creams of this type, drying/flaking can be an issue, so apply as directed, only onto a pimple itself, not clear skin, and don't over-do it.

As with any benzoyl peroxide product, avoid getting it on clothing, towels etc. as it will stain like a bleach.

Overall, it works - I don't think it works any more quickly than any other product, such as Oxy 10 Maximum or a less expensive store brand. I do like it, I just think the 4 hour thing can be misleading.
on April 8, 2013
Scent Name: Vanishing|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My daughter has recently started breaking out on her forehead. We purchased $60 in Proactive products and it only slightly helped. She was washing her face twice a day and other parts of her face were drying out and getting irritated. When I saw this Clearasil, I decided to try it because it could be applied to just the problem area without affecting other areas. Within two days (applying twice a day) this product had completely cleared her forehead up. We are sold! I would definitely recommend this product.
Scent Name: Vanishing|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using 'Clearasil' products over 25 years, especially 'Clearasil Creams.' This new improved rapid action vanishing cream is very gentle. Both my daughter and I put it to the test, and as with all Clearasil Creams I've ever used, this one also has good results. Very little is needed, it's not messy, and it works fast. This Ultra Clearasil Cream contains Benzoyl peroxide 10%, which obviously aids in the treatment. Not only would I continue to use this product, but indeed recommend it to others for a rapid vanishing treatment that has proven to be extremely effective. In addition, as with all products, always check the expiration date. My sample expires 10/14, so there was no outdated problems. As a consumer, I never purchase any product, before checking the expiration date for safety.
on March 10, 2016
I'm a grown woman who still breaks out like a hormonal teenager. I've searched far and wide, but this is the ONLY acne cream I have ever used with consistently positive results. It can zap a pimple overnight. Keep in mind it can dry you out if applied where it's not needed or too frequently, so use appropriately.
on August 2, 2015
As someone in their 30's who still gets occasional random pimples, this stuffs the only thing that works for me. I don't get acne, just like one or two random pimples if I don't shave for a few days. I put this stuff on as directed and the pimples usually go away by the next day.
on October 9, 2015
Product wasn't expired
But also haven't seen any benefit
I truly believe it depends on your skin type
My skin recovers faster simply with less hormone stress, more water and salicylic acid - not benzoyl peroxide
on August 20, 2011
I'm an age 54 year old male who occasionally gets a pimple. I bought this stuff and it literally blasts away pimples in 1- 2 days. Definitely worth the money, although I'm not quite sure if I would use it for anything other than a random pimple because I think if applied all over my face it would dry it out too much.
on September 24, 2013
I used this in highschool and it worked like magic. Now, as an adult, it does nothing. So, don't buy it if you need something for adult acne. I like Acnevir for adult acne issues.
However, even in highschool it was lying in that it doesn't really make a difference in four hours. Wish it did more to battle redness too. The dual pack is nice though.
on November 15, 2013
Product arrived and it was already passed the expiration date. Looked like someone had tried to hide this fact. I think the age hurt the quality of the product because it did not work as well as one I had purchased in the store that was over a year before it expired.
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2013
Scent Name: Vanishing|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Benzoyl peroxide has been a staple of acne treatment for decades now, so there's nothing startlingly new about the active ingredient, but the particular formualtion of it (the "Rapid Action" part, probably having to do with nano technology), really does seem to make a difference. In years past, even the best BP treatments have had an oily feel to them, and sometimes and odor and sting. Not so with this product, which truly disappears into the skin shortly after contact. That makes it easier to control the amount used and seems to lessen the risk of an embarrassing white residue appearing after the product has finally dried (as has happened with other products).

And a small esthetic triumph: I like the feel of the tube, which is more like a foil I associate with prescripton topical medications than the cheap, stiff pastic tubes other products use. I'm not sure what the practical value is, but it does feel more pleasant to use this style. As part of my skin care routine, I will be turning to Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action, unless something better comes along (I keep hoping that someday retinol products might become available over the counter, because as a topical, they offer superior effectivness, but until that day....)