1,056 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKED FOR ME ON THE 1st TRY AFTER TTC FOR 16 MONTHS!!
Published on March 21, 2012 by stacy gallahue

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work correctly for me
Published 15 months ago by K. Tinsley

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKED FOR ME ON THE 1st TRY AFTER TTC FOR 16 MONTHS!!, March 21, 2012
stacy gallahue (Saint Louis, MO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test, 20 Count (Health and Beauty)
Let me start off by saying I had a tubal pregnancy (unplanned) which lead to complete removal of my right tube in July 2009. We started trying for baby November 2010. It was a little disappointing at first and then proceeded to be very frustrating as Aunt Flo kept rearing her ugly head each month (my cycles are very regular btw). I was going off of ovulation calenders, the small microscope that detects ovulation through saliva, and eventually bought cheap ovulation strips where the line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. Those are all just plain stupid and very inconsistent, IMO. I did have a hysterosalpingogram (HSP January 20th, 2012. It's a procedure where a catheter is inserted into your uterus & ballooned open. Dye is then shot into the catheter to see if the fallopian tubes (or in my case tube) have a clear path to the ovaries. Now, my doctor did said there could've been a small mucus membrane(s) that's blocking the path(s) but when dye is shot into them it can clear the path(s) for fertilization.

Anyhow, i was skeptical but purchased this anyways because a friend of mine said she knew a lady that got pregnant with in 2 months on this OPK. My smiley face came a day or two later than what I originally thought my ovulation would be (Day 18/19). I tested at the same time (about noon) the following day (Day 19) since I know ovulation only takes place for approximately 24 hours, another smiley! I wanted to make sure it wasn't a false reading so I tested again later that evening and my smiley was gone, which was a good sign! I took a pregnancy test on the 1st day of my missed period (a Tuesday), negative. I was not feeling any different & expected it to come within the next day or two. I still had not started by Saturday (St. Patty's Day) so I took another pregnancy test that morning and got my POSITIVE!!! I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday and we're due November 19th!! I am still in disbelief but super excited. I am not sure if it was my procedure that helped us or these OPK. I give credit to both actually since I was 2 days off every month & this OPK confirmed with a simple reading. I have a friend who tested too & she got her smiley face yesterday!! I will keep you all posted on her results in a few weeks...

TIPS:

- don't make these tests any harder than they are, they're simple in fact!
- insert the test strip into the reader with arrows facing each other
- wait for the blinking in the test window (blinking means it's ok to test & the strip is inserted correctly)
- i would recommend peeing in a cup then dipping (if you pee directly onto the stick, you could have too much or not enough urine for the test to read, which will result in an error message)
- do not use your 1st pee of the day to test. OPK are not like pregnancy tests. The LH surge is best detected by the 2nd or 3rd pee of the day
- make sure you have at least 2-3 hours in between times of urination so it is somewhat potent for the test
- best times to test are between 10am - 10pm

GOOD LUCK & BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, September 6, 2010
I have been TTCing for over a year now without success, expended time and money in IC's and never got a positive (I have long, irregular cycles after the contraceptive injection). I decided to invested in this product, the first month on CD33 and CD34 I got the smiley face, 10 days later I am pregnant with my first baby.

It definitely worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are awesome!!!!, November 4, 2011
After trying to get pregnant for 5 months my husband and I were getting frustrated. I decided to purchase a pack of these to try and see what happens. We got pregnant that month!!!! We now have a happy healthy baby boy. When we decide to start trying for number 2, this will be the first purchase I make.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work correctly for me, September 21, 2013
I wanted to write this review to give hope to potential others who are frustrated with negative results. I was using the wondfo "cheapie" strips along with these. The only day I got what looked like a positive on the wondfo strips, this clearblue test gave me a negative (circle). 1 day later I had my ultrasound, and confirmed, yep, I had a strong ovulation. I put a photo up in the photo gallery if anyone would like to see. I would advise saving money on these and just going with the wondfo cheapies... for me these were expensive and inaccurate. I used them twice a day also, so there is no way I missed my surge.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Sep 23, 2013 2:16:36 PM PDT
We're sorry you weren't pleased with Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests. Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests are over 99% accurate in detecting the LH surge which occurs before ovulation, and a great deal of research has gone into the design of our products to ensure that they provide clear results. In comparison, ovulation test strips are small & fragile, and the result lines are often difficult to read. In fact, a study has shown that 7 out of 10 women found ovulation test strips were not easy to use. We recommend testing with one product rather than with multiple devices, because other products may have different sensitivities. For a brief yet helpful video about how to use Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests, please visit http://goo.gl/mL9pp7.

Please give us a call at 1-800-321-3279 so we can talk through your questions and help you further. We're available Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm Eastern time and would be happy to help. Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, mess free, good price for the value, and it works!, September 19, 2014
I'm not one of those reviewers who will write that they got pregnant the first or the second month they were using this ovulation kit, but I can verify that this test works. When I first got this kit I also started charting my temperatures just to verify that I ovulated (the ovulation prediction kits can only detect that you are about to ovulate, but they can't confirm that you actually ovulated). It was my first experience using an ovulation kit, and I didn't trust it 100%. The first month I was using this kit, it detected my ovulation on the fifth day of testing. My temperature rose two days later and it remained elevated through the end of that cycle indicating that I ovulated. The second month this test detected ovulation the day before the spike in my temperatures. In other words, the test works, and it is accurate in predicting ovulation, which puts my mind at ease and probably means that I can stop charting my temperatures. This is great news because I really like using this test. I find it to be very convenient and mess-free. It comes with 20 test sticks and one test result reader stick. It is very easy to use, and if you want to carry it with you to work for testing during the day (which you don't have to do because testing in the morning before you leave the house is sufficient), you can. Convenience was very important to me, and I didn't want to stress and fret too much about testing, peeing in the cap, interpreting the results, etc. This test gives me just that. You insert a test stick into the reader, pee on it, and then three minutes later you have the result (smiley face for ovulation, empty circle for no ovulation). If your cycles are relatively regular, this is a great test to use. I used five sticks in the first cycle (you start testing 17 days before your expected period), and four sticks the second cycle, so basically this one box will probably last me close to four cycles which is a good value for the money it costs. When you are done with the test just press the "eject" button, and discard the testing stick. The result will first disappear after about a minute or two from the time it is first displayed, but when you eject the stick the reader will display the result again for a short while which is great if you want to quickly jump in the shower or get interrupted immediately after testing.

In summary, using this test can't guarantee that you will get pregnant as soon as you start using it, but it is accurate in predicting ovulation which is obviously one of the most crucial things for getting pregnant and for gathering information about your cycles.

Comment added 10/21/14 - I have realized that if you don't have regular cycles, and can't anticipate your ovulation date with a pretty close degree of accuracy, you would be better off testing twice a day (morning and evening/afternoon) to make sure you don't miss the surge, and to give you the optimal chance of scheduling intercourse *prior* to your ovulation in addition to the ovulation day. By just testing once a day you might catch the LH surge on its way down, when the ovulation is impending, and your peak fertility days are five days prior to ovulation and on the ovulation day. Technically you should get two days notice with this test because LH surge starts 36 to 24 hours prior to ovulation, but if your LH surge is on the shorter side (24 hours prior to ovulation), and you catch it on its way down, then you really get only few hours of notice. This is especially important if testing in the morning you don't have a chance to have relations until that evening/afternoon. If testing in the afternoon you might want to not urinate for at least four hours prior to testing (just make sure you are still pretty well hydrated so your cervical mucus is not affected).

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Glad they work for some, but didnt work for me., September 8, 2014
Used as directed, never got a positive read. Defective product? Was hoping they didn't work because I was pregnant, took 2 pregnancy tests, not pregnant. Very disappointed with this product. Please note, box states PCOS may impact the validity of these tests, I DO NOT have PCOS and they did not work for me.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Sep 8, 2014 12:08:38 PM PDT
We're glad you tried Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests & know it must have been disappointing now to have received a positive result. Occasionally some women have an LH surge that is too low for the test to detect, or they may not ovulate during a cycle thus won't see a smiley.

We invite you to call so we can learn more and answer any questions you may have. We can be reached at 1-800-321-3279, M-F from 8:30am-5:00pm ET. We'll be glad to assist you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked the first time!, October 13, 2012
Purchased this after one year of trying to conceive, and found that we're pregnant after the first month of use. Easy to use, quick results, and worked extremely well for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, November 29, 2013
I have an average 28 day cycle, some months it's 27, 29 or 30. So it was a bit difficult for me to guess when I ovulated. I do have strong symptoms of ovulation every month so I kind of knew but not for sure. This is my second month TTC baby #2 and I tried this test. At first when I started testing I was a bit anxious because I just was wondering of I would ever see the smiley face and indeed I did!
I started testing on CD9 only once a day. The best time to test is 2-3pm. I tested between 2-6. It was always accurate. On CD13 I was definitely feeling signs I'm my body the ovulation was approaching so I started testing twice a day. Once at 2pm - smiley face and then at 6pm empty circle (my urine was too diluted). On CD14 I tested at 5 am and then again at 6pm, both smiley faces!!! On CD15 I only tested once at 5pm because I had figured that I had already ovulated and I was right- empty circle. We had intercourse everyday in my fertile window and twice on CD14. We kept intercourse every 24 hours until CD 18. I am praying a lot too :) so we will see if it is God's will. I also recommend reading about the SMEP. I will come back and update this review in a couple of weeks. Hoping I get a BFP.

Update: I did gert my BFP!!! I tested 11 DPO because I had a strong feeling and becuase I had a dream that night that I tested positive. The line was faint 11 DPO but a line is a line. I tested two more times, each 2 days apart and the lines kept getting darker. Now I am about 5 weeks pregnant.I did A lot of prayer and kept my faith. Baby Dust to all of you ladies!

5.0 out of 5 stars just buy it, dont wait, March 12, 2013
When I puchased this I had been TTC for 5 months and "thought" I knew when I was ovulating. I read all of the reviews for this produtc and they all seemed positive so I figured for the money it was worth a shot. I was naturally skeptical. The order came very fast, just in time to start after my cycle. I started the process on day 2 after my period. There are more than enough sticks for 1 month, if not 2-3 depending on when you start testing. Per the ovaulation calendar I was previously using I was estimated to ovulate between days 10-14, during those days there was nothing on the sticks, I became discouraged and thought I wasnt ovulating. Then on the 16th AM I got a smile face " : ) ", which couldnt be any easier to understand. My husband and I didnt "do it" for 4 days prior to that day, tried that night, and then didnt do it again for another 4 days. I took the test the following day (day 17) and it was negative so I know I was only fertile for that short perios of time. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and I know for 100% certainty it would not have happened without this test. It really does work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable results so worth the $$, December 29, 2011
My husband and I have been trying for a over 3 years already and we have even took tests at IVF. We were told there was no problems with both of us but we can try the IVF procedures. As I am getting older, I have been very stressful in trying to get pregnant. I did tried ovulation kits before but it's really confusing when the fainted line is actually indicating that I will be ovulating. So I am in the point where I feel so stressed and want to go ahead and try the IVF. But I purchased this kit thinking that I still want to try naturally and I am giving it a last try. The kit is so worth the price.

1) I love the fact that this comes in packages so I dont have to throw away the package after a month, because one of the other ovulation kit (20 days ovulation kit) that I used before states that I should not use the kit after 30 days. So I dont have to be wasting my money buying more kits. Before, I tried 2 other kits, it show that I ovulation on the 17th day of the month, so I automatically think that I will ovulate on the 17th day of the month every month. So all these years, I was thinking that I ovulate on the 17th day of the month. So after testing for 3 months, we found out that we were having intercourse on the wrong days before. Because my cycle is not normal, so I actually ovulate in different days of the month. So this test takes away the guessing.

2) I love the happy face. I do feel happy to see the happy face. I read the reviews saying that I should test in the morning and in the late afternoon. It's true. I tested once in the morning, and it didnt show the happy face. When I tested in the late afternoon, the happy face shows up.

3) It really works!! After the 3rd month of trying (and I was anxious because I only have less than 10 ovulation sticks left), we tried again and I was pregnant! I found out that I was pregnant on Christmas Day which is the best Christmas gift I ever got!

I really have to say this is the best Ovulation kit!! It's so worth it, because I dont have to go thru IVF ( even though my insurance cover it) but I am pregnant now naturally. I wished that I have purchased this ovulation kit few years ago.

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test, 20 Count