4.0 out of 5 stars accurate, easy to read, no confusion
Published on October 11, 2010 by Laura B

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positive
I just returned from the doctor's office and found out I am not pregnant, despite the positive read from Clear Blue Easy. Still in disbelief, I took another test and sure enough it says positive too. This test obviously needs to go back to the lab. After two miscarriages, this is a tremendous disappointment.
Published on April 6, 2006 by Disappointed in Arizona

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positive, April 6, 2006
This review is from: Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown, 3 Count (Packaging May Vary) (Health and Beauty)

1.0 out of 5 stars You could be wasting a life right along with your money!, July 16, 2010
I have never had a problem with any other pregnancy test (even the ones that were mini chem labs). I had gone through spinal surgery and my period was late by about 1.5 weeks before my husband bought me a two pack of the Clearblue Easy digital pregnancy tests. I actually got angry with him for wasting money on these expensive things when any test would have done. I took one and it was a clear negative. I called my obgyn and was told to give it another week, week and a half, because my body was probably just out of whack due to the surgery (it was major) and the meds. I took their advice, waited another 1.5 weeks and took the second digital test in the pack. Again, it was clearly negative, so I made an appointment with the obgyn. I was a 31 year old mother of 3, so they knew I knew how to take a pregnancy test. My doctor was in the process of writing a script for something that would start me menstruating when I mentioned that the tests were the Clearblue digital. Thank goodness they decided to err on the side of caution and have me take a test right then. I would have miscarried my daughter if I had taken that medicine! So, I wasn't early, I was way late and still got two false negatives. I almost killed my baby. I don't mean to sound so "overdramatic", but just use the regular old stick tests. Please do not use this product! I can't believe it is still on the market.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two False Positives - One Emergency Room Visit, March 31, 2006
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

This is very painful for me to write. I have had two children and never had a false pregnancy. I have never had an incorrect pregnancy test result until now. I've believed for the month that I was pregnant and my entire extended family has been thrilled. Yesterday I went to the emergency room sobbing that I was hemorrhaging and miscarrying. Hours later after many tests, the doctors told me that I was never pregnant and only menstruating. I asked them how that was possible - I was over a month late for my period and had passed two digital pregnancy tests a week apart (by the way, purchased at different stores). I've had to tell the story over and over again to my relatives and friends, coworkers. This is the most painful thing I have dealt with. Apparently, I was never pregnant; however, I feel as if I've lost a baby. And as soon as all of the pregnancy and baby magazines that I've ordered start arriving, I'll have a constant reminder of what is not. Thanks, Clear Blue Easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars accurate, easy to read, no confusion, October 11, 2010
Laura B (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I consider myself to be a bit of an expert when it comes to pregnancy tests--I've taken far too many in the last 7 years of trying to get pregnant. I've seen a few positives and too many negatives in that time. The "analog" ones with the two lines or the +/- drive me crazy. I've been known to stare at it for what seems like hours trying too see if there is a line or not. I've pulled them out of the trash to double-check (a big no-no since you should only look at them within a certain time frame or shadow lines appear). The +/- are the worst--they gave faint false positives on every one of them for me.

I am a fan of anything that keeps me from obsessing. That is what I love about the digital tests...no guessing, no obsessing if there is a line or not. It is either "Not Pregnant" or "Pregnant."

I am a prime candidate for a false positive. I did IVF and took an Hcg shot before the retrieval. I also am impatient and never wait a full two weeks to take a pregnancy test. The hcg should have been out of my system within 10 days, but it can take a little longer to flush through the system. I took my first test at 11dpo (4 days before expected period - 51% accuracy according to the box) and it popped up with "Pregnant" within 90 seconds. Of course, I didn't trust it quite yet seeing that there had been plenty of false positives reported. I waited until the next day and took another one--within 60 seconds "Pregnant" popped up again. Still, I didn't quite trust the results, so I waited one more day to take another test. Another "Pregnant" popped up even faster! The next day was my beta blood test and the results came back at 163, so the digitals were clearly accurate for me!

I don't like that the results go away in about 24 hours, but that is only because of my obsessive nature--I stare at the results to make sure they don't change on me. ha,ha. I did take an analog test at 14dpo and it came up with 2 very clear and dark lines.

Overall, these are probably my favorite pregnancy tests. They are pricey, but worth it for me not to hold the test up in every different direction in all different light to see if there is a second line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Devastated, October 25, 2009
Ani (Melbourne) - See all my reviews
I used this test and was over the moon to see "Pregnant". As others have said, it was so exciting to be able to show it to my husband and not confuse him with lines he wouldn't understand. Unfortunately when I double-checked with other brands later, it turned out I was among those to receive a false positive.

Seeing the word "Pregnant" made it seem so much more definitive, "unmistakable" just like the ads say. I wish I'd stuck with the traditional lines and allowed there to be an element of doubt. I completely got my hopes up, I thought it was really happening, I'm glad I only had a few hours of excitement before it was shattered. I understand about false negatives but I had no idea there was a likelihood of a false positive. I'll be sure to temper my excitement next time around.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 flase positives, February 4, 2006
My huband and I have been disappointed three times by this product during two different months. My doctor confirmed that we are not pregnant with both blood and urine tests. Clearblue will only refund for one test.My doctor has ruled out ovarian cysts with an ultrasound and I'm not on meds so false positives can occur with this product. buyer beware!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but they worked for us when we needed a more clear indicator of early pregnancy, June 24, 2014
Atomicwasteland (Rockville, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is little more annoying when you read the results of a tradional paper strip pregnancy test and of the "two" lines that are supposed to appear, one is really faded -looking nothing like the bold double line that is what you are looking for. We took the test several times over several days but the line was so hard to see, and the test directions always said "oh, you'll KNOW! The lines will be very obvious." Well, this being my first child I had no idea what very obvious was, and when I googled positive test strips online those pictures were NOT what we were seeing. Ours was (I guess) outside the norm; we had a very, very, weak second line.

In any case, we were tired of not knowing for sure so I bought a pack of these Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Tests (identical to the ones I just received), and we used them. Seeing the words "Pregnant" show up brought us a sigh of relief, and this was confirmed by the doctor a couple of days later.

So, here's my advice. If you are worried about an accidental pregnancy and you don't want to mess around -buy these.

But if you are trying to become pregnant I recommend using the cheaper alternative first: (http://www.amazon.com/20x-Step-Pregnancy-Test-Strips/dp/B001FYGQ5I/). AND, if you start to receive results that you are having trouble interpreting and want a more obvious test, then get a pack of these to do a final confirmation. It'll calm any doubts you have over the other test's mixed results.

Overall expensive, but recommended if other tests are not working the way you'd like.

2.0 out of 5 stars Notsomuch, July 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the last 10 years my husband I have not been preventing pregnancy, but not trying either. In that time, I've had to take several tests as I am irregular and not taking birth control. I normally use the cheap HCG pregnancy test strips, but don't (didn't) actually trust them. I decided to try the Clearblue ones, as it's pretty hard to misinterpret the reading of "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" and sometimes I just need to keep it simple. Plus, now we are actively trying to conceive and excited about the possibility of being pregnant.

I used the HCG test 30 days after my cycle and it read negative. But I felt a little nauseous, we just started trying, I figured it was a good possibility. The Clearblue test read "PREGNANT" - yay! But that other test strip was still nagging at me. So I tried another one - no dice, only one line - not pregnant. So I just decided to call my doctor and go in to find out once and for all. NOPE. Not Pregnant. Now, I am out my stupid co-pay too. I will stick to my cheap HCG strips and now I trust them. Whereas these Clearblue? Notsomuch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, Easy to Read, May 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've long felt like digital was the way to go when it comes to pregnancy tests. Yes, they're more expensive but, for most women, you're only going to be using them for time it takes to conceive and the ability to have a simple yes or no answer--in the form of "pregnant" or "not pregnant" on the display--rather than squinting at a line and wondering if you're only imagining it's there, alleviates a good deal of anxiety, making it worth the extra cost.

The additional feature on these new versions of the countdown to an answer is also a nice touch for the overly anxious tester, eliminating at least a little of the "is it ready yet?" angst.

At this point, the technology has assured that almost all pregnancy tests are super accurate, at least when used the day after your cycle was expected to begin (a.k.a. your first missed day), so ease of use and readability are what makes this brand stand out. For me, Clearblue excels at both, making it my go-to for each of the three times we've worked on expanding our family.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positive!!!, July 12, 2011
So upset! Took one of these test and came back positive. Wanted to confirm everything the next morning so I took a First Response - came back negative. Continued taking First Response and all came back negative. Confirmed I was not pregnant. Never buying Clear Blue again!

Rate and Discover Movies