5.0 out of 5 stars My Life is About to Change Dramatically
It took me awhile to write this report because quite frankly testing it out takes a while. The first thing I had to do was attempt to get my wife pregnant and I'm not making this up. We get three sticks giving us three attempts. The best test would be to have a negative result and a positive result to verify the accuracy. On our first attempt my wife went it to the...
Published on December 5, 2010 by E. David Swan

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positive
I just returned from the doctor's office and found out I am not pregnant, despite the positive read from Clear Blue Easy. Still in disbelief, I took another test and sure enough it says positive too. This test obviously needs to go back to the lab. After two miscarriages, this is a tremendous disappointment.
Published on April 6, 2006 by Disappointed in Arizona

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positive, April 6, 2006
This review is from: Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown, 3 Count (Packaging May Vary) (Health and Beauty)

1.0 out of 5 stars You could be wasting a life right along with your money!, July 16, 2010
I have never had a problem with any other pregnancy test (even the ones that were mini chem labs). I had gone through spinal surgery and my period was late by about 1.5 weeks before my husband bought me a two pack of the Clearblue Easy digital pregnancy tests. I actually got angry with him for wasting money on these expensive things when any test would have done. I took one and it was a clear negative. I called my obgyn and was told to give it another week, week and a half, because my body was probably just out of whack due to the surgery (it was major) and the meds. I took their advice, waited another 1.5 weeks and took the second digital test in the pack. Again, it was clearly negative, so I made an appointment with the obgyn. I was a 31 year old mother of 3, so they knew I knew how to take a pregnancy test. My doctor was in the process of writing a script for something that would start me menstruating when I mentioned that the tests were the Clearblue digital. Thank goodness they decided to err on the side of caution and have me take a test right then. I would have miscarried my daughter if I had taken that medicine! So, I wasn't early, I was way late and still got two false negatives. I almost killed my baby. I don't mean to sound so "overdramatic", but just use the regular old stick tests. Please do not use this product! I can't believe it is still on the market.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two False Positives - One Emergency Room Visit, March 31, 2006
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

This is very painful for me to write. I have had two children and never had a false pregnancy. I have never had an incorrect pregnancy test result until now. I've believed for the month that I was pregnant and my entire extended family has been thrilled. Yesterday I went to the emergency room sobbing that I was hemorrhaging and miscarrying. Hours later after many tests, the doctors told me that I was never pregnant and only menstruating. I asked them how that was possible - I was over a month late for my period and had passed two digital pregnancy tests a week apart (by the way, purchased at different stores). I've had to tell the story over and over again to my relatives and friends, coworkers. This is the most painful thing I have dealt with. Apparently, I was never pregnant; however, I feel as if I've lost a baby. And as soon as all of the pregnancy and baby magazines that I've ordered start arriving, I'll have a constant reminder of what is not. Thanks, Clear Blue Easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Devastated, October 25, 2009
Ani (Melbourne) - See all my reviews
I used this test and was over the moon to see "Pregnant". As others have said, it was so exciting to be able to show it to my husband and not confuse him with lines he wouldn't understand. Unfortunately when I double-checked with other brands later, it turned out I was among those to receive a false positive.

Seeing the word "Pregnant" made it seem so much more definitive, "unmistakable" just like the ads say. I wish I'd stuck with the traditional lines and allowed there to be an element of doubt. I completely got my hopes up, I thought it was really happening, I'm glad I only had a few hours of excitement before it was shattered. I understand about false negatives but I had no idea there was a likelihood of a false positive. I'll be sure to temper my excitement next time around.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 flase positives, February 4, 2006
My huband and I have been disappointed three times by this product during two different months. My doctor confirmed that we are not pregnant with both blood and urine tests. Clearblue will only refund for one test.My doctor has ruled out ovarian cysts with an ultrasound and I'm not on meds so false positives can occur with this product. buyer beware!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positive!!!, July 12, 2011
So upset! Took one of these test and came back positive. Wanted to confirm everything the next morning so I took a First Response - came back negative. Continued taking First Response and all came back negative. Confirmed I was not pregnant. Never buying Clear Blue again!

1.0 out of 5 stars And another one, February 7, 2012
I will never purchase these test again. I've had seasonal sinus issues the past few weeks that made me nauseated, so, about six days before I was due to start (and late at night), I decided to take a test just in case and to ease my nerves. The test flashed for a little longer than normal, but still within the allowed time frame, before the word "PREGNANT" filled the screen. I was shocked. After a lot of hyperventilating and yelling at my husband, I decided to take another (From the same box). NOT PREGNANT. and then another (still from the same box). NOT PREGNANT.

I've always heard there are no false positives,so, I still didn't believe that it was a fluke. I also had a First Response test (pink dye) and I took it. One line. Negative. I STILL didn't think that false positives were possible (since I have no medical condition and take no medication). The next morning my husband brought home a generic brand test and a box of E.P.T. I took the generic brand (another pink dye) with first urine of the morning. Still one line. The next day I repeated the process using morning urine and the E.P.T. One line. Finally, I was beginning to see that I, too, had received a false positive and had never been pregnant (no chemical pregnancy, either). Now, right on time, I've started my menstrual cycle.

I cannot believe these test are still on the market after all of the false positive reports. I know they were recalled around 2006 for the same reason, but you would think that they would have fixed the problem before they released the product again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Waste!, February 16, 2006
I had experience with pregnancy tests of all kinds until this! I used this for the first time and it said "not pregnant" 2 days in a row right around my missed period...but the ejected stick had a faint second blue line. I called ClearBlue and they told me to ignore the lines, that I am NOT pregnant. I asked them how it works then, the actual mechanics of how the reader works and what does the second blue line on the stick mean...they said that is proprietary information and got 2 other people conferenced on the line to gently convince me that I am not pregnant. On day 3 I tested with a standard Early Response test....I received a faint blue positive line about the same strength as the digital sticks from clearblue. I tested again, and again on day 4 and 5 with the standard first response stick tests and the line got darker each day. This was 2 weeks ago and I am now 7 weeks 3 days pregnant. The digital tests are gimmicks. How hard is it to just buy the normal "sensitive" tests and interpret the lines??? there is no guesswork...you see a faint line or you don't! If you dont, or if its TOO faint, TEST AGAIN LATER! The rollercoaster of seeing a "not pregnant" digital reading and sticks that have a positive result is a waste of energy. The digital test will not detect an early pregnancy, and I am convinced the sticks picked up my early levels of HCG but the reader is not built to tell you your pregnant until IT is sure that you are. Why not just use the regular sticks...saves money and is not rocket science to read them! Would you rather let a $15 digital device do the "guesswork" with something as important as a pregnancy??? You are smarter than these things!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed as well,, June 7, 2006
I have been trying to concieve 13 years now, I got the flu 3weeks ago and since have been tired my 13 yr old daughter said "mom, I know your pregnant, I just feel it" so I went and bought a test easy enough pregnant or not pregnant right, well I took the test in the morning 1st thing and it said pregnant I was on cloud nine in shock my husband and I were elated, but I wanted to be sure before I got telling people outside my immediate family so I had a blood test "It was Negative" I'm so tired from this emotional rollercoaster and I called Clearblue they said they want all the packaging and are sending me an envelope to send it in to them for their lab to review,, I looked here and it seems I'm not the only one, what emotional distress, I think I'd pull this product until the testing phase is over, or until all the kinks are worked out..

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!, May 25, 2012
Had the 5 pack of Clearblue Digital. Took the test after period was due, NOT EARLY. 4 of 5 said "pregnant". I took a couple first reponse as well after reading the reviews on Clearblue, they both came up negative. The next day, my period came. After reading reviews, and going through the same situation as most, I am not sure how it is aloud that they can even be on the shelves. That is very terrible to have your hopes up like that. Not just one test, but 4 of them came up as positive. I have told many people who are also trying to have a baby not to buy this product and to pass it on. Wouldn't want someone else to go through the same disappointment I did.

Rate and Discover Movies