Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on September 26, 2012
I've purchased Cleartone coated strings several times. After being totally delighted with a few sets that lasted for a long time I got one that I considered not up to the level as the others. I went back to Elixirs which never showed me any inconsistency. If you haven't tried Cleartones however and you want to experience the best, give them a try. They are more expensive than Elixirs but in a life time, they are worth the few extra dollars to find out if they do something special for you.
on March 12, 2012
I just want to start out by saying that these are good quality guitar strings. However, for the price of them I do have to say there are some equal alternatives. To start, these guitar strings are overpriced as I have said. Also they do not last as long as other guitar strings that I have used. In the past, I have tried many types of coated guitar strings, from D'Addario to Elixirs, and I stumbled upon to these Cleartone's which apparently were "all the rave" (or atleast on the internet) so I decided to try a set out. I use lights, always have. My latest pair of EXP16's lasted for about 6 months (probably would have lasted longer but sound quality was starting to take a dive), and that was with no less than 10 hours a week of playtime (I lead worship at my church so that is only band practice and the sunday services). These Cleartone's I have used for just over a month now and there is already corrosion showing up on my strings, and I can here a VAST difference from when they were first put on. Again, these guitar strings sounded GREAT when they were first put on, with awesome tone and sustain. But they do not last as long as others. Try em out, what do you got to lose if your interested. But don't think they will knock your socks off.
on February 9, 2016
These strings are great, they last a lot longer than Elixirs, at least for my somewhat aggressive flatpicking style, which can be hard on the coatings, and they sound and feel closer to regular non-coated strings - so much so that it can come as a bit of a surprise. I am using these on both my Gibson songwriter and my Taylor 814ce. So far I like them better on the Gibson which I tend to flatpick more often, still not sure how I like them on the Taylor which I tend to play more fingerstyle on. They work and sound great of course, but they do sound quite different to elixirs and for some folks it may take some getting used to after years of using elixirs exclusively.
on February 25, 2008
I was a bit disappointed in these strings. My recent reference points for string sound were the Elixir Phosphor Bronze Lights and the John Pearse 600s (also phosphor bronze). The Cleartones sounded pretty good but, considering their higher price, I was hoping for more. I haven't had these on long enough to determine how long they will last but I'm just not thrilled with them. On a 1-10 scale, I would rate these a 6 (Elixirs = 9 and John Pearse = 8). Judge for yourself, but these are coming off my Taylor guitar as soon as I make a trip to the store for their replacements.
on July 11, 2015
Received the Cleartone strings in great condition and fast. These are just as the seller described them. These are always purchased since they were recommend at a music store as being a better quality over what I was purchasing before. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a clear tone in their music.
on January 22, 2012
These strings are decent but not great, and given the price - I'd expect them to be great. They last really well, albeit not as well as Elixirs. The trebles are smooth and clear, but the bass strings are too bright (IMO) and don't have the kind of definition I'd look for. I tried these on my Taylor K24CE, and was very disappointed in the tone. After they died, I went back to using Elixir Phosphor Bronze Nanoweb strings (*not* the polywebs, which sound too mellow to me), and couldn't be happier.
on December 18, 2015
I THOUGH I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN MY NEW, EASTMAN ACDR1 WHEN I STRUMMED IT FIRST TIME. IT WASNT THE GUITAR IT WAS, THE CLEAR TONE STRINGS THAT CAME ON IT. GO BACK TO THE ELIXER NANO AND VERY LOUD CRYSTAL CLEAR SHIMMERING SOUND. SEEN A REVIEW ABOUT CLEARTONE STRINGS ON A GUITAR FOR A YEAR, MOST FAR FETCHED THING I'VE READ LATELY. 8 WEEKS ON ANY ACOUSTIC STRING IS AT THEIR LIMIT OF SOUND FROM ANY STRING.
on July 21, 2015
I have used Elixirs for quite a while. I am a big fan of coated strings and succumbed to the hype on Cleartones. What a disappointment! First off they sound good as new strings but have quickly lost their sharp sound after a few days. Now they are starting to sound quite dull (one week).
On original playing they turned my fingers black. Not a big deal and may be due to body chemistry.
A big complaint: very annoying finger squeaks on the wound strings. (Not so with Elixirs.)
They may last a long time but I'll never know as I will replace immediately with Elixirs.
In summary: mediocre sound, extremely difficult to control squeaking on wound strings, and not worth a premium price. I'm sorry I wasted time and money on these strings.
on September 20, 2014
Cleartone strings are The Best strings for acoustic guitar !
Over the past 40 years I have tried them all .
Cleartone are the best sounding the longest lasting ( many times over - except for Elixirs -
they only last twice as long as Elixirs :) )
I don't even consider using anything else .
on July 20, 2012
I have a Larrivee LV-03E and Cleartone Lights sounds tremendous on them. The Larrivee company actually recommend Cleartones for the guitar and they do that for good reason. Sounds even better than Elixir!