Cleopatra 2525 - Complete Series
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Distributed amongst 3 DVDs, we find all 28 "half hour" Episodes, NOT 30 as printed in error on the packaging.
1) Quest for Firepower 2) Creegan 3) Flying Lessons
4) Mind Games 5) Home 6) Rescue
7) Run Cleo Run 8) Choices 9) Perceptions
10) Trial and Error 11) Double 12) The Last Stand
13) Hel and High Water I 14) Hel and High Water II 15) The Watch
16) Baby Boom 17) Brain Drain 18) Mauser's Day Out
19) Reality Check 20) The Pod Whisperer 21) Out of Body
22) Juggernaut Down!Read more ›
All in all, it was cheesy, silly, had a lot of action, and I guess I mentioned all the hot babes. Okay, the only reason anyone would watch this is for the babes, but, that certainly sets it above all the equally stupid whows without hot babes, so there you go.
The best innovation this show had was that all the bad guys didn't have to miss the good guys all the time when firing hail after hail of energy blasts at them from all angles. The good guys (good girls, actually) had personal energy shields that would deplete over time and only then would you really have to duck every shot or hope they still missed you all day long. (Why on earth hasn't every sci fi action series snaked this idea and run with it, too?)
Anyway, there is a fair amount of humor that really works and some actual hard-core sci fi here and there. Mostly it was all about the action, though. Cheesy villians more often than not, but the over-arching enemy presence throughout was a race of huge, crazy-looking robots that ruled the surface of Earth in the far future, which were pretty cool, but not around in every episode.
Eventually, as the story went from half-hour shows to hour-longs, the writing got better, or maybe there was more room for story when the action quotient didn't have to be jacked up so high. Don't get me wrong, this was no epic story and it was never going to be, even though it got cancelled before its time (there is quite a cult following and more episodes were written and offered up on some website at some point, though never actually filmed).
If it comes out at a decent price for your budget, and you're into a fast-paced, light-weight sci fi romp, grab it up. Oh yeah, the main characters are athletic female actors who have all shown up in higher-profile projects since this and all fall into the category of "hot" . . . but that's actually not the best reason to watch.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A little campy, but still good fun. Certainly aimed at the guys, but if you like anything sci-fi its interesting. And there is a story that develops eventually.Published 1 month ago by Anthony C. Howe
I'd heard of this. I never saw it. I don't know anyone who has seen it.
It's pretty terrible,as far as quality, both production values and DVD transfer, but it hasn't... Read more
Love this series . just an FYI . the third disk is not bad .. it was fabricated upside down .. The good side is the side with NO label .. Read morePublished 4 months ago by C.Y. Mak
Weird at first but well worth a watching oh and Sarge is on Mutant XPublished 5 months ago by Bob Fox
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Television
- Movies & TV > TV