5.0 out of 5 stars Renal Diets Cookbook---AWESOME!!
Published on January 9, 2001 by Tambrey E. Groves

3.0 out of 5 stars The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Creative Cooking for Renal D
Published on October 10, 2000 by Nancy Kenner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Renal Diets Cookbook---AWESOME!!, January 9, 2001
This review is from: The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Creative Cooking for Renal Diets (Paperback)
I am very happy with this cookbook...my husband has an inherited kidney disease and my son has inherited potential cholesterol and heart problems from hsi fahter's family...I have tried unsuccessfully to create meals that are healthy and appetizing and finally this book has managed to help me meal plan for us all...and since we are a family of 3, we will have meals to freeze or take to lunch the next day...I would recommend this book to ANYONE in need of low protein, cholesterol, sodium diets...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Source of Recipes for Renal Diets, September 3, 2007
My mother was recently diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and told to reduce her protein, sodium and potassium intakes. The doctor's office provided no sources for preparing meals to meet this criteria, and a visit to a hospital dietitian was not very helpful for renal specific needs. We found this book through our own internet search, and have been very pleased with its contents. My mother recognized many dishes which she has prepared in the past (modified somewhat for the new diet requirements) and was able to relax a bit after the shock of her diagnosis. This book is one of her two favorites that we have acquired. I would highly recommend this book to people who need a renal diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cookbook!!, July 13, 2002
Leslie E. Dias (Dale City, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I have had this book for several years, we have tried just about every recipe in it and they are all great! I get complements all the time on the wonderful food, no one believes that the recipes are from the Renal cookbook.
My grandchildren especially love the spaghetti sauce.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Creative Cooking for Renal D, October 10, 2000
Nancy Kenner (Getzville,NY USA) - See all my reviews
I feel that although this cookbook is a good resource for Dialysis patients that it can be improved with some updating. Nutrition and cooking trends have changed, not only for the general , but also for Renal Community. Some of the basic recipes are good, I have actually tried them myself. It would be nice to have a few ethnic recipes also, as this seems to be a very popular trend. Patients could also see that a favorite family recipe representing their ethnic origin can indeed be adapted to fit their renal dietary guidelines. This familiar association would only be an encouragement, thus improving nutritional status. Photographs of the finished recipe may entise the reader to actually try the recipe if they liked the way it looked. It could be a guide to the finished product for the beginner. Many patients have not cooked or paid attention to their diets at all up until the point of needing dialysis. I believe they would be inspired to try a recipie if they could see what the finished product looked like, and also a few diagrams for the steps neccessary to get to the finished product. The print is large in this book making it easy to read for patients. I included this cookbook as part of a Holiday basket for a patient raffle. The patient that won the basket said she never owned a cookbook prior. It gave her the extra encouragement to stay on the diet and now has recently obtained a transplant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Eats....., February 13, 2007
I find the recipes in this book very good and quite simple in preparation.While there are many restrictions for the kidney patient,I find these recipes meet their needs, one doesn't have to give up taste as in so many other health plan diets and allows for a good variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Clevland Clinic Foundaton Creative Cooking for Renal Diets, March 18, 2007
The recipes are good besides being healthy for a CKD patient. They are used by the whole famiy without complaint,eliminating preparing two separate meals. After being raised on meat and potatoes and having to change eating habits, this cookbook comes as close to "normal food" as I have found.

3.0 out of 5 stars Questions on up to date info., October 9, 2008
The recipes are wonderful and easy to follow. However, it wasn't until I had used the book for some time that I discovered that it was published in 1987. So now I am questioning whether or not it contains the latest research on diet for the renal patient. Quite a few of the recipes call for the use of coffee rich (a liquid). When I went to the store to find some the manager said that he had not seen coffee rich for about 15 years. So I wasn't sure what to substitute. I know that things are constantly changing in the medical world and what used to be okay may not be today. So I do question it. I'd like to hear from someone that is in that field that is familiar with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Gift, December 28, 2000
Our hemodialysis units recently purchased 500 copies of creative cooking for renal patients from Mr. Jim Senay of Senay Publishing. Mr. Senay was a pleasure to work with and provided the books at an excellent discount. We feel we are providing our patients with a resource which will promote their health care and enhance their enjoyment in cooking. All the recipes are in large print and are divided into catigories for easy use. If you are interested in offering this resource to your patients I would highly recommend you contact Mr. Senay.
ecdjdjdj

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book!, November 20, 2009
This book has been a blessing. It is so easy to follow! The receipes are great! There are a lot of receipes that we would normally eat. With these receipes my husband feels like he's eating a normal diet and not a "special renal diet". The receipes are easy to follow with foods I already have at home. It is a great value for the price! The print is large and easy to read. The nutrition information at the back of the book is great and neatly organized. The book is definitely worth purchasing! THANK YOU for this book!!

1.0 out of 5 stars not for a kidney patient, June 25, 2008
C. Bryngelson (st petersburg fl) - See all my reviews
the book is very poor for a person with kidney damage. the vega diet is very good. however. the protien intake, based on the meals in this book, is extremely to high. as a result it may good for some one that wants to eat healthy, but can only make a damaged kidny worse, and has no value for a kidny patient. i placed the book in the trash and and know i spent the money for nothing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Creative Cooking for Renal Diets
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Creative Cooking for Renal Diets by Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Paperback - June 1, 1987)
Used & New from: $24.95