Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on February 17, 2012
Had I been able to see this book in person, I would not have purchased it. The author advocates hormone replacement therapy (HRT) without providing much info on the risks. The book in general seems written on a less-than high school level. Disappointing.
on June 1, 2013
No, I have not read the book, I'll admit that at the outset. But I think it's fair to say that women are sick of being sold products supposedly for them, promising vitality, health and beauty, but packaged with pictures of beauty queens 20 years younger than the target audience. This is true for makeup, fashion, treatments and now, medical advice.

I find the use of a young woman especially galling in this context, since the inference is that a book from an apparently respected medical institution will be filled with information and solutions that we, as menopausal women, can trust.

I know I am not happy with the way my body is turning on me, and the loss of youth--so highly prized in our culture--is painful. There is something dishonest about using such a picture; offering impossible hopes to women struggling with very real issues.

What is so bad about using pictures of actual menopausal women? Are we SO distasteful that the cultural blackout extends even to supposedly authoritative books written expressly for us?