Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 28, 2012
Simply put, these are great bars if you're looking for a bar that has a higher amount of carbs and fat and lower protein than the standard protein bar. Tastes great, easy on-the-go snack or occasional small meal replacement. Perfect for a runner not looking to build mass (than you might want a protein bar).
on March 27, 2007
Clif Bars are a fairly feel-good food. 20% recommended DV fiber per bar! In this day and age, that's hard to come by. The ingredients seem health- and environmentally friendly, and the bar also supplies a good chunk of minerals and vitamins, as well. Works like a charm as an energy bar - I feel light-footed during a jog if I throw one down the hatch a few hours before.

As for taste! Well, my palate places Cool Mint Chocolate in the clear lead, and Carrot Cake near the bottom. I do recommend buying individual bars from a local retailer to sample the flavors so as to avoid being stuck with a bulk shipment of a variety that tastes like chemicals and looks like compressed cat vomit (I refer to the Carrot Cake).

Aside from that, I adore my Clif Bars. One is enough to serve as a meal for me, and a 250-calorie meal is nice and light.
on February 8, 2012
This is my favorite flavor of energy bar. It's perfect for eating during a long bike ride, I've tried energy gels, but I like the bars better since it's more like "real food", and the cool-mint flavor is nice on a warm day.

They're easy to digest and easy to eat on a bike ride (well, best eaten while stopped, but I have been known to pull one out of my back pocket and tear it open with my teeth to eat while riding). While running, I've found them to be kind of dry so I still prefer gels when I'm running.

They have 50mg of caffeine, which must help give a bit of an energy boost but it's not a huge amount of caffeine. In comparison, an 8 ounce cup of coffee has around 150mg of caffeine (so that's 225mg for a Starbucks 12 ounce "Tall" or 300mg for a 16 oz "Grande").
on April 17, 2012
My active teen and I really love these Clif bars. We are big-time fans of many Clif bar flavors, but the Cool Mint Chocolate flavor is just so good. It tastes like dessert -- even for breakfast! We love the easy portability of these, the always-sounds-good-when-nothing-else-does quality of Clif bars, and the nutrition they pack into each yummy bar. Even my pre-schooler loves them.

It is a comfort to this mom to know that when we're in a rush (which is way too often...), there is good nutrition for my kids and me. We have Clif bars tucked in purses, backpacks, car storage, bedroom drawers [midnight hungries...] -- EVERYWHERE! :o) They are really our go-to for hungries for breakfast, and for snacks. No need for junk food! Yay!

I very much like that after eating a Clif bar, hunger doesn't come back soon at all. It TOTALLY carries each one of us over until mealtime, even if mealtime is many hours away. When that's true for a busy, growing teen & pre-schooler, you know this is good stuff!

Highly recommended!
on January 2, 2016
Great price for a good tasting cookie for the outdoor activities I do like to do: hiking, backpacking and snowshoeing. They do not crumble or break down inside a backpack after a number of days. They are not messy in high temperatures and do not break your teeth when cold.. I can fit a lot of them in my bear proof food containers. For the carbs and calories they do not take a up a lot of storage space.
on February 17, 2016
Soft, yummy, chocolate deliciousness. One of the FEW energy bars that don't contain walnuts, almonds, and peanuts (disclaimer: please check the product labeling to ensure that yours are nut-free) as I have a nut allergy. Very pleased and will purchase again.
on March 25, 2012
My second favorite regular clif bar next to the chocolate brownie. I eat these mainly when i exercise because of the extra energy they are supposed to provide. Very tasty high in protein and not too sweet.
on July 5, 2015
Grocery stores aren't carrying this flavour and I don't know why. I love it. It seems silly to buy a huge package of these but when you just want some mint chocolatey goodness buying these do the trick.
on July 18, 2011
I've been eating Cool Mint Clif bars as a snack and after workouts for years. The flavor was great and tasted almost like a chocolate mint candy bar. However, over the last year of so, the flavor has changed. I don't know if it is a quality control issue or a new recipe, but they now taste basically like raisins, with a hint of chocolate and perhaps a trace of mint.

I'll never order them again, and the ones I have are going to the homeless people on my block.

Edit:
I tried them again a couple of weeks ago, and they taste like they are back to normal! I have bought them from two different locations, and the old taste is back. I asked their customer service people if anything had changed and they said "no", but they taste good again.
on May 6, 2013
We were running low on a 12-count box that I bought direct from Clif Bar, so I bought this 24-pack from Amazon. And now we are completely out of them, as of this morning. The flavor is great, they are perfect for breakfast-on-the-go, and they have just enough caffeine to get us out of the house and moving (and then the walk to the bus stop wakes us up the rest of the way). I'll be buying more of these!