Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Flavor: Chocolate ChipSize: 12 CountChange
Price:$9.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 28, 2014
I've tried tons of different energy bars but they all tasted aweful. Some have a powdery feel to it and very bad texture. These cannot be used a meal replacement bars as they have high sugar. Although, I now take a Natural Appetite Suppressant to control my appetite, they are the perfect fix for my cravings. This is among my favorite of all the bars I have tasted so far. I also love the Dark Chocolate and Nuts bars by KIND.

These are useful when you are doing activities involving high cardio. It will help bring up your glucose levels. Moreover, they are very nutritious with 23 Vitamins and Minerals.As they have no artificial sweeteners and preservatives and are made of organic ingredients they are a healthy choice.
0Comment78 of 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 3, 2012
I absolutely love these bars, however better price at WalMart instead of the subscription price here. About ten dollars a box at WalMart. In any event, they taste good and I've been eating one of these bars for breakfast, skipping lunch and eating a sensible dinner for about six months now. I've lost 40 lbs and I feel great. I'm currently at 194 lbs and being just shy of 6' I'm almost at an ideal weight for me. I realize these are not meant as a diet supplement or meal replacement bar but they certainly fit the bill for me. I'm tempted to eat more than one since they taste so good but I refrain. At 240 calories per bar I wouldn't reach for one of these as a snack but as a meal replacement bar or energy bar, as intended they are great. I believe these bars really helped me loose the weight I wanted to.
33 comments52 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2011
This has become my husband and my new favorite Clif bar. It reminds us of a healthier Somoas cookie!
11 comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2012
Great bars but what the heck happened to the price?!

Just a few months ago, I was ordering several flavors of Clif Bars through Subscribe and Save for about $.85 per bar. Now the prices are 15.43($1.29/bar) Subscribe & Save: $13.12 ($1.09/bar).

This is now more expensive than most local stores like Target. I will not order these anymore when they're charging these prices, esp. for packages of a dozen...
55 comments52 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2012
I agree with the post on the pricing. The $1.09 a bar at subscribe and save (which is not now in stock) is higher than Walmart ($0.93). Have not checked Target. And the current "available" pricing of $1.92 a bar is silly.
on April 11, 2012
I use these bars mainly to kill my rumbling stomach after a long workout or rugby practice. For a workout bar, they are pretty tasty. The macadamia nuts add a nice crunch and the white chocolate has a good consistency without that chalky feeling that so many protein bars have. They fill me up quickly and keep me full for a couple of hours. Amazon seems to overprice, though - these are usually cheaper in brick and mortar stores, so be aware of the price. If you're paying more than $1.25/bar you are paying too much.
0Comment19 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2010
The Banana Nut Bread Clif Bars taste great on my palate. They aren't as sweet as some of the other 'flavored' Clif Bars (ex. Black Cherry Almond or Blueberry Crisp), which I actually prefer.

Re. the smell that some others have complained about: I've only had bars from two boxes so far (one shipment), and while they don't smell great, they're far from being so pungent as to keep me from eating them.

Overall I think this is one of Clif's best flavors.
on September 24, 2009
I'm trying to up my protein intake while reducing calories and fat. I tried the Banana Nut Bread bar because I usually like anything banana-flavored. This is very much like eating a slice of banana nut bread. It's not overly sweet. The previous reviewer noted that it's "greasy." It does have a somewhat moist/oily consistency, but I wouldn't call it greasy. I didn't find it to be objectionable because otherwise the bar would have been too dry and impossible to choke down. I didn't think it was gritty, either.

Bottom line: I like the flavor and the protein content, plus it's got some fiber (5 grams) and magnesium (25% RDA), which is a mineral I'm trying to increase in my diet. The bar isn't not over-sweet. Like other protein bars, this isn't low-calorie, so I have to keep that in mind.

What I do like is that the Clif bar is another thing that I can take to work and keep in my desk, to avoid going to Starbucks or the vending machine.
on October 14, 2015
I bought a bar from Publix to try these out before ordering a box and I felt like it was just ok. It's more of a cocoa taste than brownie. It has a crunchy texture. A mix between what feels like oatmeal and the crunchy things in a nestle crunch bar. Overall it was just ok. Not going to order them off here. Don't mind my bite :)
review image review image
on August 29, 2015
I think These energy bars are pretty good, I got the chocolate brownie flavor. It is very chunk like in texture almost moist but not too much. Does provide quick nutrients to supplement you when in need of energy between intermittent fasting or when on the go (work breaks or between classes). These won't get you full, but they are good when you can't get a full meal. I d recommend.
review image