5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Crunchy Snack

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Published on July 25, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Crunchy Snack, April 6, 2012
J. Haynes (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I just got these in the mail, and I've enjoyed them, they seem made to compete with Nature Valley Granola Bars. You can definitely taste the white chocolate and macadamia nut in them, they taste similar to the regular white chocolate and macadamia nut Clif Bars, but these are drier. They have a somewhat crumbly texture, so you have to be careful about dropping crumbs, but that's just how granola bars are.

You should be aware that Amazon's title is a little misleading. The Amazon title says "1.5-Ounce, 10 Count" which makes it seem like you get 10, 1.5 oz packages. You actually get 5, 1.5 oz packages, since each individual package has 2 smaller bars inside. The box says "10 Bars" in big print, and then under that in smaller type it says "5 Two-Bar Pouches."

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Clif Crunch Granola Bar, Peanut Butter, 5 Two-Bar Pouches 7.4 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
Along with some other reviewers, I did not get what I expected. I was expecting 10 "servings" per box. Instead there are five packs with two bars each, with the nutritional information even labeling it as 2 bars per serving. It's very misleading to advertise these as a 10 pack. I was pricing it out as the cost per bar, not serving... not such the great deal that I thought I was getting. I also was thinking these were the Crunchy Peanut Butter (energy) bars, which are different than the Crunch Peanut Butter (granola) bars. That's my mistake certainly, but naming is confusing!

But the bars are good, just messier/crumbier than the energy bars. Also, I realize I could have avoided these issues if I just read the reviews first. But they're granola bars... didn't think reading reviews were important. Lesson learned! Glad to know you're taking the time to read them first! ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars basic granola bars with pb flavor, August 27, 2012
powerop (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought the peanut butter version for a 5-hour roundtrip hike through the bamboo forest in Maui. I practically went through the whole box because its only 5 packs of two thin granola bars each. These are probably best described as glorified crunchy granola bars with peanut butter flavor. It is labeled as 70% organic, so goodluck on the other 30%. I always read the Nutrition Facts so here it is for convenience.

Nutrition Facts

Vitamin A ........0%
Vitamin C ........0%
Calcium ..........2%
Iron ..............6%

As an energy bar I hesitate from recommending these as I know other bars out there with better nutrition and are more filling. As a snack item, I also hesitate because the total fat and total carb content are high enough that it should be burned off through some light exercise. So all in all, these bars are Okay so I am rating them as an average 3 stars. But if you just like the taste of peanut butter and granola, then these are perfectly adequate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a mess, but tasty, April 22, 2012
First off, I'll agree the title is a bit missleading - there are 10 bars, but each serving is 2 bars so there's 5 pouches - but I blame this more on cliff bar than anything. It's not a negative, you can eat each bar on its own, just something to note.

While I enjoy the taste, I find these more than a bit messy. Open the package and there's crumbs inside. As you eat you'll have a bit of a challenge in not getting more crumbs elsewhere. I usually have to brush/shake them off before hand or eat them over the sink or something. It's not impossible, but it's more trouble than it should be hence the 1 star off. Otherwise a great product, nice to get something crunchy - just needs to hold together better.

3.0 out of 5 stars misleading title: "10 Count" = 5 small packs with 2 very thin bars inside, June 19, 2012
Pros: Taste good and crunchy.

Cons: misleading label. Only has 5 packs and 2 thin bars inside. (why not say 20 counts and make them even thinner) small portion.
Messy to eat no matter how careful you are. Eat it outside to avoid attracting ants inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good granola bars, April 15, 2012
I was looking for an organic, non-gmo version of the Nature Valley Granola Bars, and these are the best I've found. They're good. They're a crunchy granola bar, but they are a bit softer than most other granola bars. Personally, I like them better a little soft, but they do have a tendency to get stuck in my teeth. I guess you take the good with the bad. They have good flavor. I was particularly pleased with these because I was trying to transition my 7yo son off of the Clif ZBars and onto something a little more grown up and a little less like a brownie. I'm very pleased with these. They do come with 5 packs to a box, and each pack contains 2 slim granola bars. This is the way most boxes of granola bars come, as far as I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a fan., July 11, 2012
Clark (Sautee, GA) - See all my reviews
As an avid cyclist, I have used Clif products for years. The larger, softer Clif Bars work well in my system as fuel for longer rides when eaten pre-ride. Sometimes you don't need that many calories, and these fit the bill nicely, and offer a different texture as well. As mentioned, this is a 10 bar box, and it is packaged 2 bars to the pouch, meaning you only get 5 pouches in the box. It is printed pretty plainly on the packaging, but just restating this in case you missed it somehow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious., July 11, 2012
Clark (Sautee, GA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loves these., June 5, 2012
These are 10 bars (2 per pack). They are granola bars, not a regular Clif bar. I was buying other brand granola bars and my husband always says that they are too hard. I decided to try these. He really likes them.

Sometimes you have to look at the package and the description together on Amazon to try to figure out exactly what you are going to get. If you look closely the box says 10 bars total but also says 5 packs of 2.

2.0 out of 5 stars A crunchy mess, May 12, 2013
Roobah Fox "roobah" (Tooele, UT United States) - See all my reviews
I bought several boxes of these on subscription. First of all these are not like the larger 2.4 oz chewy bars, these are more like crunchy granola bars. One bite of these bars results in a shattered mess of crumbs. Tasty, but a crumby mess. No matter how carefully I bite down on these bars, it is impossible not to have a huge pile of crumbs in front of you when you consume these.

Needless to say, because of the mess, I will not be buying these ever again. I'll buy the chewy (2.4oz)model instead.

Rate and Discover Movies