Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 31, 2004
In this compact text clinical anatomist and professor of surgery Harold Ellis has produced another excellent text (like Lecture Notes on General Surgery).
This "pocket-sized" (big pockets) book is portable and practical. It is well laid out by sections and each body area is examined in terms of systems. A clear explanation of superficial anatomy allows one to learn/revise on oneself (or a slim/muscular friend) the bony landmarks, muscular attachments and pulses. Bones, joints, vessels and nerves are dissected in a similar manner. Best of all, at each stage, common clinical applications are explained in clear language, so that it becomes easy to remember which nerve may be damaged by a dislocated shoulder, or structures are encountered in the various approaches for a hemiarthroplasty. The lucid (though never condescending) prose is well complemented by clear diagrams and imaging.
Some people will find this book is not detailed enough for them, and it does not claim to be a definitive anatomy text covering everything down to the vein supplying the rhubarb gland, but many more students will find it perfectly adequate for their requirements. Certainly as someone who learned lists of anatomy for first year exams, passed them, and -- I'm not alone here -- promptly forgot it afterwards, the old comprehensive parrot-fashion approach to learning was ineffective.
If you can read and recall all of the information in this book, you will be well prepared for most casual clinical requirements in many non-surgical specialities. I find that information presented in this manner is easy, even pleasurable, to read and, I expect, more likely to lead to retention than traditional dry anatomy texts.
on March 24, 2012
I had the opportunity to browse through this edition. I can't help but be amazed at how modern technology improved upon a flawless, established text. My anatomy professor basically scrapped Grey's and had us learn simply from Ellis. It makes anatomy make sense. It takes you beyond rote memorization so that you can learn how and why the body works, not just the names of parts.
It got me through Gross Anatomy 40 years ago. It is still the best shop manual of the human body ever conceived. No medical student should be without a copy.. IT'S A LIFESAVER!!!
on March 27, 2001
Concise overview of regional anatomy with emphasis on key relationships and clinical relevance. Not a comprehensive or detailed oriented anatomy but useful for quick review in the clinical setting.
on April 10, 2012
I like reading this book, it contain many clinically related point which can be missed in reading ordinary anatomy book..but it should not be the only book to rely on
on July 22, 2015
As I recall, I got item in time and in good quality.
on December 11, 2003
It saved my life when I did my 1st MB exam, my final MB exam and my FRCS exam. The best investment in my life.
on February 17, 2000
This is not going to teach you all the anatomy you want to know in a small book. It is concise, as it assumes you have some idea about anatomy, and just want pointers to keep up to date and also what is relevant clinically.
on September 15, 2008
The book was brand new; no highlighting or writing or torn pages. I'm very satisfied.