5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE FOR DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS/NURSNIG SCHOOL
OH my. If you told me last year I would have to learn this math/way of doing it to pass nursing school, I would have laughed in your face and said I can't go to school. I was terrible in Math. ALWAYS. This book has been my bible and I have now gotten 100 on all my medical calc tests. This is MUST HAVE for anyone, and If I can do it, YOU CAN DEFINITELY DO IT. Best book.
Published on January 15, 2013 by cait

3.0 out of 5 stars Clear Explainations but contains errors
Using the techniques laid out in this text, you can easily master clinical calculations. However, the step by step solutions did not always show the same steps and there are a few problems where the answer provided is just plain wrong! There are many practice problems provided.
Published 19 months ago by Sheila Flucke

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE FOR DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS/NURSNIG SCHOOL, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Clinical Calculations Made Easy: Solving Problems Using Dimensional Analysis (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Clear Explainations but contains errors, July 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, February 11, 2013
I bought this product for school. It was a great value and it fit the necessary requirements I needed it. Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars One cannot calculate too much, December 17, 2012
Hobbitears "Carol Cassedy" (Whitestone Farm, Kentucky, USA) - See all my reviews
Practice makes perfect. I have tried several books and this one does it for me. It is systematic in its approach to calculating medications with lots of review and practice. I especially appreciated the review of Roman Numerals (who does math with these bad boys?), the arithmetic review, fractions, etc. The chapter on systems of measurement and conversion is especially helpful, some facilities still use apothecary measurements. The book then has a section explaining dimensional analysis and how to use it in solving medication dosages. Each following chapter then leads you through a series of problems related to different routes of medication and concludes with practice problems. If you purchase a new book there is also a related website that can be accessed with a scratch off code.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was an easy to understand book that gave clear explanations and examples, December 12, 2013
This was an easy to understand book that gave clear explanations and examples. I did find a couple of errors in the answers, but it overall was a helpful book for dosage calculations.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if required by your school, October 30, 2013
I was required to buy this book for school but I honestly almost never used it. It's filled with examples and not enough explanations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! worth buying!, August 28, 2013
This book is really amazing! I'm able to do Med Calc without a second thought using dimensional analysis. Happy that I invested in this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Required for class, August 8, 2013
This book was required for my nursing class. It increased difficulty in each chapter. Not a bad book for self teaching.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., July 21, 2013
I was getting back into nursing and I needed this book for the test. Its a good book, as in they have LOTS of examples and practice questions. However, there are some questions that need explaining and this book does not do the best of explaining. So I would follow the questions, look and the answer and try to figure out how they got that answer. The moment I would get it, I would look at another one, and it would be different.. So it would be nice to have some explanations. However, like I said, lots of practice questions and 80% of it is explained.

5.0 out of 5 stars OH my, the things you will learn., July 8, 2013
Okay let's start with some of the simple facts. I graduated highschool in 1970, became a nurse in 1978. have used calculators, computers, fancy medical calculators, Ipods, Ipads and Palm pilots all with medical programs that help you figure out dosages on the fly. So a few little math problems were no big deal. Well, surprise, surpise, when I openned the text and the pre-test was there, I had the panic attack from H_LL. My god the things that I had forgotten hit me HARD in the face. I'm a college graduate so it should not have been a biggie. The text is written in such a reader friendly way, broken down into the basics that it makes it so comfortable to get the pencil and paper out and do the math. The step-by-step aproach is the best way to learn and have FUN doing the math. The skills come back to you and you remember why and how the calculations are done. The title tells it all. This book is a fantastic way to learn, refresh and acquire the knowledge needed for clinical calculations.

Clinical Calculations Made Easy: Solving Problems Using Dimensional Analysis
Clinical Calculations Made Easy: Solving Problems Using Dimensional Analysis by Gloria P. Craig (Paperback - February 16, 2011)
$78.99 $57.59