Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 27, 2012
This is great pocket companion to have one hand for clinical. We often get our assignment that day and many times there is a diagnosis that we have not yet covered. This guide gives a quick overview as well as key assessment techniques that I found very helpful on a busy Med/Surg floor.
on November 6, 2012
Great book- bought it for my sister in nursing school. Easy to read, concise and to the point. Small and lightweight making it easy to put in your book bag and take to clinicals/work.
on June 26, 2013
I really like that this companion-size book breaks down exactly what you need to know about a disease process without all of the fluff - it definitely makes it an easy reference when at the clinical site!!! Keep up the good work :)
on May 27, 2014
This book has been helpful for several classes. I can't say it gives me the best grades, although without it, I could do worse.
on October 13, 2013
I bought this book in digital format, when having tried a sample.This 7th edition had been updated considerably. In this format, the table of contents are cast on the same table of contents of the larger one. Incorporated in this edition, there are overviews of physiology and pathology. Besides there are anatomical structural illustrations which help to improve conceptual understanding. In previous editions, the aforesaid was omitted. However one cannot expect circumstantial information, as the purpose of this book is to provide the basic guidelines.
on November 30, 2014
This book helps greatly with clinicals! I used to carry both my Vol. 1 and 2 to all clinicals, but with this book, I can carry a much smaller book, and it has all of the same information. It seems better too, because it's set up by alphabetizing, instead of chapters. I love my companion book!
on July 31, 2015
Great little book! Cuts out all of the fluff. I bought as a reference while studying for the NCLEX and to bring with me to my clinical site. I only rated it 4 starts because I miss the tables from the big book and haven't really used it enough to give a 5 start rating.
on August 30, 2013
Was very helpful, was organized to find information quick when I needed to look up something during the clinical setting in nursing school. Its a smaller version of the big med-surg text and it was great to carry this small book around than my huge text book.
on June 21, 2015
This is so helpful at the post-grad level! I only wish I'd had it during nursing school. Good clinical interventions for each disease process accompanied by a thorough explanation of the patho of the illness. The sparknotes version of the med-surg main book.
on March 18, 2014
I spent most of my time in this book rather than the big book. It has concise information about the disease processes, and nursing interventions bulleted for you. Plus it's about 50 lbs lighter than the big book. I highly recommend it.