5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Hematologists,Lab Professionals&Students Alike, July 23, 2004
This is the best color atlas I have seen. As a student, this has proven to be an invaluable tool in laboratory. I have recommended it to every other student in my laboratory. The photographs have amazing clarity and consistency. The text beginning each section and descriptive text following each photograph provides indispensable additional information for identification and understanding. It is very rare to see the backgrounds for each of the photographs a pristine white, so that the fine details can actually be distinguished. Each section is written with great care and with complete forethought. Even though this may not matter to many, but to me, the fact that is was spiral bound shows the amount of consideration to detail the author put into this atlas. There is nothing more frustrating then trying to keep a book open to the correct page, the ability for a book to be able to be lain flat on a table, and the having no problems with binding (e.g. broken binding resulting in loose pages). The comprehensive index helps you find a cell's information and/or photograph with just one quick glance. The amount of pages doesn't even begin to show the amount of knowledge that is encompassed in this book. You can believe this, as I go thru my student courses & when I begin my career as a clinical laboratory professional, this book with remain on my shelves as a ready-reference for any questions I may encounter along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and very well organized., November 4, 1998
This review is from: Clinical Hematology Atlas, 1e (Paperback)
This atlas is a student's dream come true. It is very well organized and beautifully illustrated. With its very affordable price tag, every student interested in hematology should have the Carr/Rodak Atlas in their own library!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, September 10, 2001
This review is from: Clinical Hematology Atlas, 1e (Paperback)
This is a really good atlas for a person who see cells at work.
I like it, is small, easy to use and the pictures are very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and to the point, March 11, 2006
DB Tzitzivacos (Bedfordview, Gauteng South Africa) - See all my reviews
Excellent book for beginners.It is simple and to the point without waffle.Beautiful pictures with good resolution.

Improvements: expanded differential diagnoses and more pictures of the same features showing variations that we see in practice.

Dr D.B.Tzitzivacos

5.0 out of 5 stars triple C's(clear,costs low and cool), September 1, 2000
This review is from: Clinical Hematology Atlas, 1e (Paperback)
I'm using the atlas now as a reference material in the hematology section and the details are well illustrated...I recommend it to Hematologists and Medical Technologists(in general).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great descriptions and pictures, February 11, 2006
Fleur de Lys (Weirton, WV USA) - See all my reviews
I like this book for blood cell maturation pictures and descriptions. I really like the spriral binding for ease of use. The only complaint that I have is that it does not use all three origins for describing the cells, even if the infrequently used names were in parentheses, it would be better than eliminating them entirely, i.e. Proerythroblast (pronormoblast, rubriblast). I had to write all over the book including all of the naming conventions, so I thought they should have been included.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful reference, March 31, 2009
Lyssa "CLS Student" (Jonesboro, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clinical Hematology Atlas, 1e (Paperback)
This is not the atlas that we used in my Hematology classes, and I wish it was! I came across this one in the lab when I started my clinical education. It is a wonderful reference. Even the Hematology specialist at the hospital uses it as a quick reference for some of the pathology. It is extremely well organized, with clear pictures, and a good description of the morphology, defining characteristics and the pathology associated with each cell type.

The first sections are also a good reference for development and differentiation of the various white blood cell lines, such as the differences between the promylocyte and mylocytes, a topic that students sometimes have difficulty which. In addition to the images of peripheral blood smears, there are micrographs, illustrations and bone marrow images.

I highly recommend this as a reference for any clinical professionals library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Desktop Atlas, November 25, 2008
D. Clark "Detritus2099" (Carnarvon, Western Australia) - See all my reviews
This atlas is a nice quick reference for the desktop. It is spiral bound and soft covered, so not the fanciest book on the shelf, but definitely worth a look. It has extremely good photos and diagrams of a wide range of haematalogical conditions, however the malaria section lets the book down - it is alright, but not up to the same standard as the rest of the book.

All in all, a welcome addition to any haematology library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lab Pick, October 9, 2005
This is the lab atlas selected as "most preferred" by the hematology staff at my lab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hematology Necessity, May 13, 2007
This book was my best friend through hematology and advanced hematology. Exceptional pictures of all cells and their developmental stages, as well as many pictures of various abnormalities. I used it through two heme classes and to brush up before clinicals. My clinical site was very impressed with the atlas and purchased one to keep with their reference materials.

Clinical Hematology Atlas, 1e
Clinical Hematology Atlas, 1e by Jacqueline H. Carr (Paperback - January 15, 1999)
Used & New from: $6.54