5.0 out of 5 stars Great medical thriller!
Published on July 11, 2010 by A.Z. Paris

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to give it 5 stars
Published on December 21, 2011 by G. Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Great medical thriller!, July 11, 2010
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
I truly enjoyed this medical mystery thriller. There was enough "medical" in it to make it exciting for those who work in medicine or simply enjoy the excitement of a good medical whodunit. On the other hand, the medical part was not weighed down by a bunch of uninterpretable jargon that leaves you scratching your head. The culture of modern medicine was accurately portrayed and the protagonist, Dr. Curtis Scott, is frustrated with the reality of needing to keep costs down and still practice good, sound medicine. He has just finished his residency and has taken a position in an HMO, and so he sees patients in the outpatient office as well as those in the facility's hospital. He is on call, at times gets very little sleep, and he is married to a woman with champagne tastes. He uncovers some medical chicanery going on at the HMO and is determined to get to the bottom of it and put a stop to it, with the incentive of his and his wife's survival hanging in the balance.

I'll be looking for more from this talented author!

4.0 out of 5 stars If You Liked "The Firm" You Should Like "Clinical Judgment", February 10, 2011
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
This book reminded me of Grisham's "The Firm." The rapid pace, plot twists, closed-in feeling of an institution (a hospital here, a law firm in Grisham's book), a husband and wife caught up in something dangerous and not understood, all are similarities. Mr. Egerton writes well and certainly knows how to craft a page-turner. Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
I really like the time and details that went into writing this book. While some authors skip over the details and just try to knock something out, I felt this book delivered on this and gave me a book that had some meat to it.

A good gripping tale that makes you want to finish it. That is what writing is all about after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read!!, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
This book was awesome! Unexpected twists, and a really awesome plot. A must read!! I would love to read more books by this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frightening but good!, May 27, 2012
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
I am always reading 3-5 books at once so usually it takes me a while to finish anything I read because I rotate books. But I was so curious to know what would happen next that I finished this book quickly! I really enjoyed reading it. It was intriguing and scary. I liked the way the story ended. I liked the twist. I have not read a book on Kindle and I enjoyed that a lot. I am going to read Clinical Trial (I just found out about it) on there too, starting now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Medical Thriller, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Paperback)
I read this book on a cross country flight and couldn't believe how short the flight was! A Must Read especially for anyone in the medical profession!! I couldn't wait to see how it ended...Wow you should have started writing sooner!!! I can wait for the sequel ... Yes I need a sequel!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to give it 5 stars, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
I really wanted to give this book five stars but can't in good conscience do it. I liked the premise of the story. Scares me how medicine is practiced today and the influence of insurance companies etc for cost control. Could happen the way it is described. What I didn't like was the loose ends. I didn't care for the ending. Left me wondering who was really responsible for the murders, where did the actual killers end up and why were some characters included. Much of the book is very well written. Just too many loose ends for my taste. Maybe the author is planning follow up book or books. Don't know if I would read them or not.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clinical Judgement, July 7, 2013
Sherry F. Linssen (Oconto Falls, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
Clinicl Judgement by John Egerton was an okay medical mystery. But, it was not the christian mystery I prefer to read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, March 3, 2013
Cheryl (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
I found it to be too easy a read and although I finished it, I was bored and just wanted it to end.

2.0 out of 5 stars Skip it., January 8, 2013
This review is from: Clinical Judgment (Kindle Edition)
Could not get into this one. It happens. I just had no connection to the characters . If I have to make myself turn the page I just move on.

Clinical Judgment