Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clinical Neuroanatomy Made Ridiculously Simple (3rd Edition; Book & CD-ROM)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on June 28, 2002
In my graduate Neuropsychology course, we were expected to already be familiar with brain anatomy. I wasn't. This book gave me a wonderful quick review and served as a reference through the rest of the course when I needed clarification on the location or purpose of a given structure. It is so well written in an easy-to-read style that it deserves a Pulitzer.
on September 15, 2002
I'm a emergency physician. In my junior residency,i had a hard time approaching the neurology patients, so needed neuroscience knowledge urgently. However most books i had met were tomes and time-consuming for me, also i had to get more back of neuroanatomy for understanding big books. Accidentally i started this book. it's took only three days even in busy resident period. OH!!! It's a magical experience. This book prevented me from being burned out and saved my day and also gave me self-confidence on the neurology. At last,I could understand - the notorious - "one and a half syndrome" which even Adam's neurology failed to teach me. So fantastic. I couldn't forget that feeling. I highly recommend this book for all beginner stuck by neurology.
on July 31, 2005
I used this book to review for the USMLE Step 1 and really enjoyed it. In general, I've found the "Ridiculously Simple" Series to be better for me that "High Yield." Although the "Ridiculously Simple" books don't always pack in quite as much information, they are much better at helping you remember things with their clever drawings and mnemonics. And in the end, it's not what you went over but what you REMEMBER that counts. I also found this book quite useful for clearing up several clinical points that were not well covered in my neuroanatomy course. The only reason it gets 4 stars is that I wish some of the figures and drawings were a little better. But overall it's a great little book!
on June 27, 2000
During my medical study I always saw 3 mountains for my eyes. The names of which were - Hematology, EKG and Neuroanatomy. With this book I found a good path through one of them. One can always add details to her knowledge but time -resistible foundation of clear concepts is needed first. I retained more N/A knowledge from this "simple" book than after all exhausting learning of sophisticated texts years before.
on August 14, 2003
As a medical student, I suggest that this is the first place you go to learn about neuroanatomy. It gives you the basics and builds a foundation that you can build on. After a few hours with this book, I was weeks ahead of my classmates!
on April 9, 2006
This skinny text is one of the few books that all medical students can read and benefit from. When I took neuroanatomy, it was regarded as the most difficult course in our first-year curriculum. Having read this book early in the course, and referring back to it several times, I got off to a great start. It won't tell you eveything you need to know, nor in the depth you'll need to know it. But 15 years ago, it was the most gentle introduction to neuroanatomy around; I'll bet not much has changed.
on April 18, 2007
If you are the type of person who doesn't prefer non-informational quirks and innovative spins used in the presentation of hard scienfitic facts, then this book isn't for you. However, if you happen to find learning more entertaining and engaging when it includes a little bit of humor, imagination and creativity in its descriptions of what otherwise would be pretty dry material, then I would definitely suggest this book. Some people may find the kind of format it uses to be inappropriate or distracting, depending on their attitude towards learning in general, but I personally found it to be so witty and vividly personable compared to most textbooks that I almost felt like I was reading for recreation again (which I haven't done really to any extent since I enrolled in medical school and have had my head buried in books out of obligation).

On the whole, however, this book should be used only as a supplement to a conventional neurology text in order to gain a better conceptual understanding of neurology and a basic overview of the organization of its components and how they interact, because it actual content is abbreviated to the point where specific details that I will be required to know for exams are excluded.
on January 1, 2003
Goldberg just hit a home run with this book and anatomy made ridic simple. Neuro combined with the high yield fix book complement each other so well. Together they should be your primary board review. They are also great to read for you med school course also. Beautiful books
on March 16, 2006
The book, in general, is excellent. It takes a very complex subject and tries to make it easier to understand. The addition of the CD for practice is very helpful indeed.
I would like nevertheless to say that the book is practically the same as in previous editions, up to page 83. Perhaps the addition of certain details would have been even better. For example:
In the Willis' circle to explain what happens in anterior communicating artery defects, in defects of the posterior circle. Mention the "arteries of stroke."
Please, do not misunderstand me. I am only making a suggestion. I have a great respect for professor Goldberg.
on April 9, 2006
An essential starting point. use it before heading to the big, hefty text you've been assigned. Extremely helpful during troubling times at lectures.