Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 29, 2012
I bought this book after reading Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple, which had a ton of pictures and little tricks in it to help you remember microbiology. This book has none of that. It has endless pages of charts with no memorization aids. The charts are not even organized in such a way that would make memorizing the drugs simple! The charts are way too wordy and complex to make this a review book. The few pictures in this book are just pictures that you would see in a text book or lecture; they definately do not help with memorization. I am in medical school and I already have charts of drugs (that are much better organized by the way) from my lectures. If you are a medical student looking for a book to help you with memorization of pharmacology, or you are looking for a book to review for board exams, I would stay away from this book! This may be good as a reference book, but it does not belong in the ridiculously simple series, as it does not provide any help in learning the material.
on April 26, 2011
Pretty good book. Gives am overview of each system. I'm in the nurse practitioner program and this book is extremely helpful. This book is also an easy read.
on December 9, 2014
"Ridiculously Simple" should be in quotes, with a stipulation that you have mastered Anatomy and Physiology and Chemistry. I'm now having to go back through my A&P books to refresh my memory on the nervous system and other systems to relearn the chemical processes involved in the body's physiology. This book does go into a LOT of detail, on the M.D. level.

Just make sure you have a good grasp on pre-med classes before getting this, as you will need it.
on November 13, 2014
This book is great. I'm a PA student and sometimes pharmacology can be... Well, not my strong suit. This really breaks things down into simpler elements and explains things in a memorable way. The pathophysiology book is a great companion, as are most of the other books in this series. Best of all, after the class is over, you'll be able to refer back to this book for a quick refresher because, let's be real, who remembers everything?!
on April 3, 2013
It didn't really simplify pharmacology for me. It was still all memorization. Not as good as the micro made ridic easy or the neuro made easy
on January 13, 2013
I didn't like it. Superficial explanations, excessive tables, lack of mnemonics and sense of humour... I expected much more of it.
on January 7, 2013
When I received the book I was shocked to find that it didn't have any of the cute explanations and pictures in other "Ridiculously Simple" books that help you remember rote facts. Instead, the book is essentially a huge set of tables and charts that list all the drugs and some facts about them. You can find better organized, simpler, more complete, and more accurate charts with a quick Google search.
on May 29, 2013
This is excellent source to study clinical pharmacology . I totally recommend it. It is so easy to navigate and study.
on December 14, 2013
found this book tolerable, being a pharmacophobic…since I must study this subject right now, this book
approach was very reasonable…and not "preachy" about the billion dollar pharm industry, nor about medicalization
of non medical conditions.
on June 9, 2015
I find this book really helpful. I know some have complained that it's just a bunch of charts. Yes, there are a lot of charts but they're grouped in a way that flows and makes memorizing them much easier. The information on the charts proves to be no more or less than you should need to know about the drugs. Also there are some helpful drawings to jog your memory about different pathologies which is nice. The book assumes you've got a strong grasp on patho, which I appreciate. I'm not reading this book to understand what CHF is, there are other resources for that. This book gets to and sticks with the drugs.
This book was a gift from a friend who's a nurse before I started my nursing program. She said she still uses hers regularly in her NP program. I find this book to be 100 times more useful than my lectures, textbook or all the add-ons that came with the text. A great $20 investment.