Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on May 12, 2009
I bought this book because of the positive reviews. I was very disappointed when I received it and it was not much more but a list of things to include in write-ups. The other reviews were written by new users who have only review this one product, suspicious.
11 comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
Do not buy. This is just an outline of basically how to do an H&P for different specialties and//or rotations. There is no actual written tips or help for each rotation. This author is a phony and I wish I could get my money back. Please, do not waste your money on this book.
on December 4, 2013
Bought this book out of desperation when I was starting clinical rotations as an M3.

Never really used it. Didn't see much utility in it. . .but yeah, I carried it--unopened--in my white coat pocket for a year.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2013
This book works well for acronyms and history taking requirements needed in each speciality. It has been great in my OB/GYN core rotation!
on December 31, 2008
The Clinical Smart Book is the Best book for the clinical medical school clerkship I have ever encountered. It has not only saved my life on many, many occasions throughout 3rd and 4th year, but it has gotten me several honors in areas where I would have been hopelessly lost otherwise. I am extremely grateful to the author for this great book that will not only help every medical student but will most likely save patient lives in the long-run. I HIGHLY recommend this book to all medical students. Thank you!
0Comment3 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2011
1. The reviewer Cecilia is absolutely correct: your gunner friends won't tell you about the Clinical Smart Book.

2. *Although the book is not meant to replace Bates* (this is directed toward you, Mr. One-Star Reviewer! ;), it extracts the most important information (that has already been digested via Bates or similar texts) and puts it into a format that is logically ordered and easy to reference. This is primarily meant to be a checklist for various H&P's and other exams. Think you're going to have time to go back and read Bates** during internship or residency? Think again.

3. Please try to fit Bates or similar textbooks into the pocket of a white coat. When you find out that this doesn't work, then try to scan and shrink your desired pages to fit. Still not working (and not able to efficiently reference the information you need in a succinct format)? Buy the Clinical Smart Book.

I will have this guide for a LONG time (unless a gunner steals it)...

**Although Bates has some incredible tables, it also has an organization that I personally find to be highly-convoluted. Therefore, the extraction and order of information the Clinical Smart Book provides is of high added value for me.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2008
This Book was a life saver. I used it every day of my surgery Rotation. Fortunately, I had the Best resident ever suggest The Smart Book to me.
0Comment2 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse