Clippers that work on cat hair Help! I have a cat with extremely matted hair. He's an ferral cat we tried to domesticate, but he left then came back. Now he's part indoor/outdoor cat. Does the Oster Groom Master Animal Clipper work on cats with extremely matted hair?
asked by Alicia C. Bryant on March 31, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
HI ALicia...by the way...that is my name as well...:-) Using husbands account. Anyway...I said I would get back to you on this once I tried it? Well...i did...and you HAVE to get one of these..no kidding! I shaved my cat in about 10 minutes with this and she had hair matted pretty bad. She was nervous at first *freaked out*... is a better word...but she calmed down because these are not that noisy..and they kind of had a massaging effect on her after her initial scare. It cut through the mats like a hot knife in butter. I'm so happy I got these! Before it would take me all day to do one cat...with the cheaper clippers...and they would over heat and stop cutting completely. Get these and you're going to be happy you did.

Best Wishes with your Kitty Kats. They'll love ya buying them too.
Bella answered on March 11, 2008
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have 5 persian cats and I sure hope these clippers work! The matts apear on their bellies---I'll let you know as soon as these clippers come how well they work.
Gloria Boshinsky answered on April 3, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You have to be careful with these though. They are VERY sharp and can cut their skin in an instant. Not really made for fine haired animals but more for large, thick coated animals such as dogs, sheep, ect. I wanted to let you know this. The blade that comes with these will cut your cats if you're not careful....and cut them pretty bad. You have to stretch the cats skin so it does not crease or fold when shaving them or other wise you may 'skin' them deeply. Buy a full toothed blade for smoothing...around a 10 or 15 for them. But still be careful...if you use them.

:-( I cut my one of my kittys with them...I feel so bad now.
Bella answered on March 12, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi, I also have five Persians who have the same problem. I just bought me one of these clippers but haven't used them yet on any of them. They are so paranoid of clippers, so not sure how easy it's going to be using these on them. They might as well be ferrel cats when it comes to grooming them. But...I did ask the groomers at the pet store, who also uses these, which blade would better work on cats and they said the number 10 blade for these work much better than what originally comes with the clippers. Closer blades is why, so it won't cut the skin. There is one thing I have done with my cats since they are so freaked about clippers and that is bought one of those Fuminators. It worked great, but takes a little time, but they seem to sit still for it more so. It doesn't buzz so they are cool with it. I am sure you've seen them, but it removes the clumps great! I will also let you know how my clippers work on my cats, since I plan on shaving them completely, soon.
Bella answered on March 3, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi there---I just bought two more of the Furminators as well as the one I had!!! A wide one and the on just for cats--They are great. I have never used the clippers because the cats seem so afraid of them. Let me know what happens for you as the groomer is making a fortune from me :-)
Gloria Boshinsky answered on March 3, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
where can i find zebra
animal printed master clippers
Heidi answered on May 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›