5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected.
Published on June 29, 2012 by K.B

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, but functional.
Published 16 months ago by Steven R. Roth

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected., June 29, 2012
This review is from: Clock Movement Quartz Square Antique Black Hand 1/4" Kit (Watch)
This product is just what I was looking for, and the quality appears good. I hope it lasts as much or longer than the previous original mechanism did. The installation was easy. I made a few adjustments, clipped the ends of the hands to fit my dial size. Since my dial glass was curved, I bent down the hands a little so they did not touch the glass, and I had to take care there was enough separation between the hands to allow free movement. It works great and looks nice too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clock quartz, June 28, 2012
My clock stopped working, we decided to try to fix it. It had a unique face. I was able to replace the quartz movement very easily. Clock is good as new once again. Very happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Keeps up with radio clock., April 29, 2013
We had a wood frame clock that started to slow, even after replacing the battery. So I gave this one a try.

There were a few things that I ran into during installation. 1) it comes with a rubber gasket so although the measurement of the old motor was 1/4 inch, the threads on the new one barely bit. 2) the distance from the clock face to the glass was too short and the second hand would catch so I removed it and used the knob piece (included) instead. 3) the second and minute hands were too long for an 8" face so I had to clip about 2-4mm off the ends.
I would have used the old hands but the old minute hand had a round hole while the new motor has an oblong shape for the fitting (see Amazon's picture).

These are all things I either missed from the product info or were just the constraints of the clock itself not being fully compatible with replacement motors.

Still it looks nice, time is spot on, and it saved me from having to throw away a perfectly good clock face. Time will tell if it lasts as long as the old one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, but functional., March 28, 2013
Update, September 2013: Well, after six months, I have to admit that I'm impressed. I set this back in March and now, six months later, it has drifted about five seconds. (This is compared to GPS time on my network and with a used battery taken out of the movement that failed.) Of course, this is a sample size of one, so YMMV. But if I needed another one, I wouldn't hesitate.

This works, but it's nothing to get too excited about. Middle of the road typical, Chinese product. For those of you wondering whether this will work in your application, here are a few more dimensions that may help you decide. The hands are stamped (apparently with dull tooling) from very thin (0.56 mm) aluminum. Hand radii are: second - 4", minute - 4" hour - 2.75". Fortunately, the hands (much shorter) from the clock whose movement had expired more or less fit the pinions on this movement, so it worked out okay. Amazon gives the overall length of the pinions as 11/16", which appears to be about right. The threaded portion is about 1/4" You will need about 1/16" for thread engagement of the nut, so this is suitable only for fairly thin dials. Consequently, the pinions stick pretty far off the front of the dial. The good news is that the movement I got seems to be dead-on accurate. Compared against a GPS clock, it's off less than 2 seconds in a week with a used battery. So no complaints there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, May 28, 2013
Sam Snyder (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I needed a replacement movement for a clock that has much sentimental value. The quality of this replacement movement far exceeds the one that I replaced. Installation was quick and easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars clock motor report, April 21, 2013
works great and was easy to install. allowed us to keep a clock we really liked instead of tossing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG Perfect., April 4, 2013
We bought a great clock that was discounted because the clock movements were missing. Found these on Amazon, and now we have a great clock that works! Great!

1.0 out of 5 stars broken on arrival, February 22, 2012
title says it all. Installed it on an old clock, the second moved "like clockwork" but the minute/hour hands didn't budge. I gave up and disassembled the mechanism from another clock to use as a replacement, and junked the one amazon sent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hands are Long, March 18, 2013
bmac32 (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
Clock movement works fine but the hands are way too long. Also the first case that I've had to put the positive end in first, battery slow is very tight. Watch how long your hands can be, I didn't so will use old hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, March 17, 2013
Good product. Works great. Easy to install. would have liked to have longer hands but otherwise I was pleased. Packaging held up well too.

Rate and Discover Movies