Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clock Movement Quartz Square Antique Black Hands 5/16 Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 20, 2011
I made a wall clock for a school project with this movement and it worked really well. The mounting bracket that came with the kit made it easy for me to attach a face to the clock and presto! I have a clock!
on October 6, 2012
The movement in my mother's clock quit keeping good time. The new movement was an ideal replacement and went in with no problems. Was very pleased with the directions and fit. You have to take care to align the face (numbers)with the hands.
on August 14, 2013
Very disappointed with the lack of accuracy for the money spent. Bought two for a double-sided Victorian clock, and neither one accurately kept time. The hands are pretty, but the device is not functional.
on June 27, 2013
I am not happy... it broke after 3 days. I am thinking of buying another to try again but am afraid to waste more money. I love the clock I need it for.. maybe another brand would work better? Not sure at all. I did not have any luck with this.
on October 28, 2013
This product was for a replacement on a clock that was not working right the second hand doesn't turn smoothly and gets hung up. This new kit did not solve the problem but the previous one was doing the same thing so probably not this products fault.
on July 31, 2013
Ordered this to repair a clock. it will only fit up to 1/4" thick face(says 5/8" in the description). Didn't feel like dealing with a return so just ordered a bigger one. Nice movement other than that. I'm sure I'll find use for it.
on July 11, 2013
The clock movement works great (keeps good time)
the threaded spindle was not as long as I expected, I guess the 5/8" dimension is not for the
length of the treads. I was able to force it to work, so all is well.
on September 15, 2011
I had a bad clock works inside a nice enclosure. Instead of buying a new expensive clock, I figured I would just add new workings to my old enclosure. This clock works is a standard AA battery clock. The hands were too large for my enclosure, but a little plier nipper solved that problem. It all fits now, and the clock keeps good time and is quiet. Like I said, it works. Worth the money? Well I would have been happier at $5, but did not need 5 for $35 which I could have gotten from another site. You do the math.

Addendum-after several weeks, the movement quick working. The second hand just continues to bump, but will not revolve unless the clock is in a horizontal position which of course makes it useless. Do not buy this product.

2nd Addendum, several months later:

Purchased another, figuring this was probably a fluke. Guess what, the second movement works as well as the first. DO NOT BUY THIS MOVEMENT. PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!
on November 23, 2012
What can I say? It keeps good time and does not drain the battery quickly. In short it does what I bought it to do. It is a replacement for the original clock works and was really simple to install. One negative: it is not strong enough to run with the second hand installed, but I did not really want a second hand anyhow so no loss.
on February 14, 2012
Had a beautiful clock that was not working.
We purchased this kit and my husband was able to get the clock working again.
Product was American made...always plus!